FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Ok I've finished up my bandwidth, now what happens [Solved]

ashish2005
It's the end of the month and I just realized yesterday that I had used about 99% of my bandwidth limit and today when I tried to open my site it says that the page is not found and there is some sort of additional 404 error. I tried to log into direct admin but I could not. Then I tried to log into phpmyadmin to get a database backup of my site but after logging in the database had 0 tables.

So what will happen to my site? Is everything deleted? Or will my site come back online in April? (By the way my site is ourktm.com)
tidruG
That's very strange.
Normally, if you use up all your bandwidth, it simply suspends your site. You should not lose any of your data or your databases.

If you were unable to login to your Direct Admin control panel, then might have been due to the server load being high or something. I suggest you try logging in again, and check whether your files are intact or not.
ashish2005
Thanks for the quick reply. I have tried to login to direct admin and it still doesnt work and when I have double checked my database from phpmyadmin and my database still has no tables.(It shows like this database_name(-) ). I do not see any message saying that my account has been suspended when I open my site. All I see is a 404 not found error. I'm getting really worried about my site.
Animal
Try going to your site and refreshing the page. When I access it, I get an "account suspended" message (which is completely normal for accounts that have used all their bandwidth). Full access will be restored at the start of next month, so you only have a few days to wait.
ashish2005
Well yesterday I tried recovering and changing my direct admin password and then I could log in again and my database and my files were all there. I tried opening my site in my college today and it showed the normal "Account Suspended" message and that was quite a relief. There must be some kind of problem with my cable internet at home and so I get the page not found error.

Now I am just waiting for March to end.
tidruG
ashish2005 wrote:
Well yesterday I tried recovering and changing my direct admin password and then I could log in again and my database and my files were all there. I tried opening my site in my college today and it showed the normal "Account Suspended" message and that was quite a relief. There must be some kind of problem with my cable internet at home and so I get the page not found error.

Now I am just waiting for March to end.

Maybe you have a huge cache in your browser at home?
ashish2005
Quote:
Maybe you have a huge cache in your browser at home?

Yes I think that there is a huge cache not in my home but in my cable internet providers place. There are certain sites like hi5 which I need to refresh a couple of times to view the latest page.

Edit: My site is back online now. Thanks.