FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Pianofiles.com

Jaan
I think this is a *bit* illegal but a really good idea.

There are hardly any big sheet music stores in Sydney.

Pianofiles.com is based around "sharing" and "trading" sort of like the scene I guess. Except for pianists - LOL. I got Melancholy Blues by Queen in original PDF for free instead of paying 10aud for the download. Whoops shouldn'a said that last bit Razz close your eyes.

Anyways, good stuff I guess. Thought I'd share with you if there are any other pianists here.
froginabox
If it isn't in the Real Book, I use pianofiles.

Then again, the Real Book is technically illegal too :-p
SimonWSTS
Ooh this site sounds good, ever heard of it before even though iv looked everywhere for free piano music. I cant afford to keep buying it and its really difficult to find decent free music.

Thanks for the recommendation!
Magicman
It would be less illegal if the sheet music was figured out by pianists like many guitar tab sites do for guitar and not just bought and shared. The site actually has quite a strange setup for getting files, you actually have to contact someone and trade sheet music by email.
froginabox
I think the main reason for not actually hosting the music is to reduce their culpability if they get sued maybe? Not sure.
The Mitchell
****** it the banning of tabs and sheet music is a ****** bullshit law anyway. even more so than the downloading of mp3 etc. i can at least understand mp3 downloading being illegal. Tabs and sheet music being illegalised is ****** retarded.