FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

php and mysql on geocities.com?

syntax101
i have a php page which i get it from the tutorial(you can send comment and view it) of dreamweaver 8 named cafe_townsend and i used mySQL server. is is possible that if upload the php page (view.php and send.php) to the geocities(free account) site that it will work? if it will work, what should i do?
MrBlueSky
No. Free geocities accounts don't support PHP and/or MySQL. If you want free hosting for PHP and MySQL you can get an hosting account here at frihost.
chris20
Yes, an account here for php and mysql is the best way to go. Frihost hosting is the best you will find in regards to free php/mysql hosting, seriously. The admin panel that they provide is amazing for a free hosting service, and their servers don't go down like most free hosting services.
syntax101
i already have an account in the page what will i do next will i upload my send.php and view.php how about mysql? do i have to upload my html file also?
marixworld
yes you need to upload your files on through ftp access. (e.g. ftp.yourdomain.frih.net). you can do it manually or you may use third party programs like filezilla or flashfxp.