FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Files Under 8 KB Not Transferring in FTP

Kaisonic
This is a weird FTP problem that seems to have appeared ever since the switch that forced users into ACTIVE mode rather than PASSIVE mode. The problem I have, with any FTP program, and only with the FriHost server, that any file under 8 KB in size will not transfer. The file will appear on the server, but it will be empty (a file size of 0 bytes). This seems to happen only intermittently (i.e. they will transfer sometimes, with no change in settings or anything on my part) but it happens continually and it's a real pain. Any idea why this is happening, and is it happening with anyone else?
Bondings
This seems rather like a bug in the ftp program.

By the way, passive ftp should be working again on the server. Very Happy
Kaisonic
All right, I'll go ahead and switch back to passive since that's what I think was the cause of this weird problem. And unless all my FTP programs have the same settings, I don't think it was a bug in the FTP program. I've had this problem with all the ones I've tried, including SmartFTP, AceFTP, and FileZilla. But it's now working with passive, so I'll just use that, and post here if the problem appears again. Thanks Bondings!
swizzy
all .htacess, favicons, smileys and stuff like that is usually below 8 kb, i have used them many many times, it may be a problem on your FTP client