FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Just curious, is it double posting if in different language?

Daisie
Is it considered double posting if you open a topic in, let say, general of the english forum and then open the same topic (just tranlated) in the french (or other) forum?

Just curious, got nothing else in mind.
LostOverThere
Well, everyone here should be able to speak English, so I don't see why you need to post it again in the Language forum,

HTH,
-LostOverThere
Daisie
true true but we do have some language folders... Some ppl might have been introduced by a friend who told them what to do and they dont necessary speak fluent english.
ocalhoun
^Indeed, there could be a big difference between English and fluent English. Just because someone can read posts in English doesn't mean that it wouldn't be a lot easier for them to read it in a language they understand easier.

The flipside, though is that it might reduce the language forums to little more than loads of duplicate topics.
Arnie
I just noticed the Dutch forums have a topic religion vs science, just like the notorious one in the English section. It's already at page 4. I suppose on such occasions, there's no problem. But when you're simply starting exactly the same topic with as clear purpose easy points, I suppose it's different.
tidruG
In general, I would say that it should be ok to start similar topics in the english forums, as well as in the language forums, if you really feel the topic is interesting enough.