FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Password Protected Directories

alkutob
Today I tried to enter my site ( MKportal + forum ) as usual , but I was shocked when I found this error in the main page of mkportal
Code:
kcEMq7N398
Warning: main(..//Settings.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/alkutob/domains/alkutob-jordan.frih.net/public_html/mkportal/include/SMF/smf_driverf.php on line 37

Warning: main(..//Settings.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/alkutob/domains/alkutob-jordan.frih.net/public_html/mkportal/include/SMF/smf_driverf.php on line 37

Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening '..//Settings.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/alkutob/domains/alkutob-jordan.frih.net/public_html/mkportal/include/SMF/smf_driverf.php on line 37

Warning: main() [function.main]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/QueryString.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/alkutob/:/tmp/:/var/tmp/:/var/www/:/usr/local/lib/php/:/etc/virtual/) in /home/alkutob/domains/alkutob-jordan.frih.net/public_html/mkportal/include/SMF/smf_driverf.php on line 40

Warning: main(/QueryString.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in /home/alkutob/domains/alkutob-jordan.frih.net/public_html/mkportal/include/SMF/smf_driverf.php on line 40

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/QueryString.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/alkutob/domains/alkutob-jordan.frih.net/public_html/mkportal/include/SMF/smf_driverf.php on line 40

The forum was still working fine ...

I askes some friends about this error and the reason of the presence of SMF in the message error while I am using phpbb , and they adviced me to check ( conf_mk.php ) file .

I checked this file and found all the information of the mkportal was deleted and a new code was left
Code:
<?php
echo "kcEMq"."7N398";
?>

When I asked about this code , I was told that somebody was able to change this file .

I will backup my site now but how can I protect my files ?

Is using the feature of Password Protected Directories in DirectAdmin useful for protecting my files ?

Help me please
ChrisCh
alkutob wrote:
Is using the feature of Password Protected Directories in DirectAdmin useful for protecting my files ?

It is very useful - but keep in mind that anything you protect with this will require you to login separately just to view the file - and passwords can only be managed from the DirectAdmin panel. So if you were going to go down this track, then I would suggest only using it on important config files rather than your whole site.
alkutob
Yes ... I tried to protect the forum folder but when members need to login

they will be asked to enter the password .

So I will try only to protect the config.php file of the forum and the

conf_mk.php file of mkportal ...I hope this will not affect the login into

the forum or the portal .

Thank you ChrisCh
Bondings
Password protecting files won't help in your case. The config files are not visible anyway and also not editable to normal users.

What I understood that happened is that someone (or a bot) found an exploit and changed your config file. If that is the case, then you need to patch your software (smf) and install the latest version.
alkutob
Bondings wrote:
Password protecting files won't help in your case. The config files are not visible anyway and also not editable to normal users.

What I understood that happened is that someone (or a bot) found an exploit and changed your config file. If that is the case, then you need to patch your software (smf) and install the latest version.

Yes exactly , someone changed my portal conf_mk.php file and the message which appear due to that changes made it as I have SMF forum in the time that my forum is phpbb2.0.19 version .

And these changes were happened when I installed the eXtreme Styles mod to be able to use MorpheusX Template .
When I tried to uninstall an old templates there was the FTP Configuration feature
Quote:
FTP Configuration
To use this feature you must set FTP settings. A password will not be stored and eXtreme Styles will ask you for a password every time you select functions that requires FTP access

I supplied my information with my password and then after less an hour my files were changed .

I think they restore the passwords there !!!!

I made a backup and changed my passwords , and now searching more secure ways to protect my files and efforts

Thank you Bondings for your interest