FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Return of the spabe shuttle

memsa
The shuttle return has now been delayed for 24 hours. I hope they have a safe return to earth.
Some arab
I do too. I mean the situation over in Iraq is really stressful for many and anticipating of weather someone will die or not. We really don't need a crash right now.
NiGHTS SoNIC
My honest opinion is that we should leave space exploration to robots, and if there is something extrodinary then send astronauts, there are so many things that could go wrong, why take the big risk?

I hope they have a safe re-entry.
mengshi200
yes.fortunally,it have safe landing.
boringest
NiGHTS SoNIC wrote:
My honest opinion is that we should leave space exploration to robots, and if there is something extrodinary then send astronauts, there are so many things that could go wrong, why take the big risk?

that's a good idea but there are still lotsa challenges in building robots. Also, normally robots are built for one specific function but currently we need astronauts to calibrate machinery in the International Space Station, repair equipment, etc...which is just too complex for robots to do.

Anyway, to look at robot development, this is a good page to know about it:

http://www.gizmag.co.uk/robotics/
Donutey
the space shuttle could have been a good idea, however the air force wanted it to be able to haul "bus sized" spy satelites into space... however they have only done this (i think) twice, then decided it was too expensive Confused The shuttle could have been the "space truck" but bureacracy reins supreme... lol... Rolling Eyes