FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Notification to FriHost about Email

Kaisonic
I run a basic forums site that requires activation by email, however, about half of the accounts (I'm not that popular of a site (yet)) return with Mail Delivery Failed errors (in response to the automatic email sent by the forums). The message details that the mail server sending the mail (IP 216.32.85.170 - FriHost's mail server IP I take it) has been blocked due to suspicions of spam. The has only occurred with mail.ru and comcast.net, and I have already taken matters into my own hands to remove this IP from their blocklists. Just thought I'd let FriHost know this. I'm guessing that some FriHost users are using email services for spam and that's why the server was blocked. So I don't know if you can do something about it or what... just letting you know.

Smile
Bondings
DNSStuff isn't listing any occurances of listings in the spam database ( http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/ip4r.ch?ip=216.32.85.170 ). Of course there may be individual mail providers blocking our ip, like the one you mentioned.

If you know of any specific providers that block it, just send me the details and I'll try to take care of it. Of course if you contact them yourself successfully, then that means less work for me. Wink

For your information, yes it happens regularly that the servers are being used for spam. Either by a member or an abused website. We haven't been put on spam lists (dnsstuff) for quite a while now though.
Kaisonic
Okay, cool. It probably was just those two providers, and I removed the IP from the blocklists, so it's all good.