FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

help on old model 3d card....!!!??

vaoger
well i am using nvidia tnt 2 m64 (with my montherboard original driver)

usually i play 3d game with equivalent minimun requiment ...
thegame startd ok.. play abit lag...thats when i using window 98...

a year ago i reformat my computer to window xp...
problem since to be show up...
i play with th same i use to.. such as... Seal online...
the com collaps.. with showing any message!!
the monitor turn off automatically... left with the cpu power on n theprocess led light on n statik...
no reaction on the keyboard ( no ligh on when i press numlock, capslock, n scrolllock)
so any one know what just happen??
MeddlingMonk
Could be possible driver issue or maybe a resource conflict. Have you tried updating your drivers the card to the latest version or checking Device Manager to see that the card isn't conflicting with any other devices?

Also, does this system failure only occuring when you're playing this game and at a certain point?
vaoger
the driver is the lastest in it species... form the nvidia web page!
well it occur no very consistant..
sometime.. occur after 10 minute of game play
sometime.. occur after only after 5 second after the game start!!
bukaida
WinXp automaticaly detects NVidea TNT driver.So useing that will have minimum conflict.Also install directX 9c. Sometimes the issue may be directX also.
vaoger
bukaida wrote:
WinXp automaticaly detects NVidea TNT driver.So useing that will have minimum conflict.Also install directX 9c. Sometimes the issue may be directX also.

yah you r right!
but the problem now is that the window xp driver.. of the nvidia tnt2 driver are not support Open GL which are one of the major need in most OLDIES games such as.. ONI..
THANKS
ezekiel_rage
vaoger wrote:
bukaida wrote:

yah you r right!
but the problem now is that the window xp driver.. of the nvidia tnt2 driver are not support Open GL which are one of the major need in most OLDIES games such as.. ONI..
THANKS

The neweer drivers supplied by NVIDIA does not work on anything older than a GeForce2. What I suggest is get driver version 6.xxx from NVIDIA's archives. since version 6 seems to be the latest driver that will support TNT2 cards.

It is also the version that is packaged with Win XP, although lacking some components.

Installing directX 9.0c is not really neccesary since your card is only rated for directX 7 or 8 at the most. But since newer versions of directX also contains the functionalities of older versions there is no harm in installing 9.0c besides there are bound to be bugfixes in newer versions.

hope this helps
vaoger
ezekiel_rage wrote:
vaoger wrote:
bukaida wrote:

yah you r right!
THANKS

The neweer drivers supplied by NVIDIA does not work on anything older than a GeForce2. What I suggest is get driver version 6.xxx from NVIDIA's archives. since version 6 seems to be the latest driver that will support TNT2 cards.

It is also the version that is packaged with Win XP, although lacking some components.

Installing directX 9.0c is not really neccesary since your card is only rated for directX 7 or 8 at the most. But since newer versions of directX also contains the functionalities of older versions there is no harm in installing 9.0c besides there are bound to be bugfixes in newer versions.

hope this helps

THANKS!!
but i downlaod the correct driver for my tnt2 card.....