FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Ive Got the FLU

Kev01234
Does anyone know any ways to help get rid of the flu? Ive had it for about a week and its really annoying. I feel like I got hit by a train. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Kevin
azbuky
I've got the flu too and it's horrible!
loryl
Unless you're immunosuppressed, your immune system will take care of your flu... eventually. In the mean time, make sure you get plenty of rest, fluids, and stay warm. Hope you guys feel better soon!

Oh yeah, and don't cough on other people. We don't want your flu. Sad
codelyokogirl
Dear Kev01234,

first of all I am sorry to hear that you are not doing fine at the moment, I hope you will be better soon.

First of all to deal with the flu, we have to find out if you really have the flu, which is caused by the influenza virus, or just a very strong cold, which sometimes has the same symptomes as the flu, but the process of the illness is different.

The first very significant sign for a flu infection, is that it comes quick, until you get the "get hit by a train" feeling, so a feeling of weakness, is coming fast and in mostly 3-5 hours, while a normal cold shows first symptomes and then it takes a few days until you are feeling that weakness. So, the flu comes quick, a cold takes time.

At the same time you get fever, which doesn't forcefully have to be lowered, since the fever is a process of your immune system and fights the virus (at least several...) itself, since viruses are only able to survive in several conditions that concern your body heat.

The final test if you have the flu or not can be done by a blood check, in some countries, the flu has to be reported to the health-authorities. In all case, you should consult a medic, if the symptomes stay at high level for a long time (3 days) and if you do not come back to your normal health status after a while (10-14 days).

Like loryl already stated, the immune-system can fight the flu, but mostly a medical therapy is a good thing to support the immune system and reduce the symptomes, like headache, muscle pain...

A very good and efficient medication against the flu is the so called Tamiflu drug, which needs in most countries a prescribtion by a medic, drugs that are freely available against the symptomes of the flu are aspirine (preferably with a vitamin C component). Aspirine lowers your fever and reduces the pain, the vitamin C would help your immune system.

BUT USE CAUTION, ONLY CONSUME ASPIRIN IF YOU ARE SURE THAT YOU ARE NOT ALLERGIC TO IT !!!

Else try to stay warm, drink warm tea and fruit juices. A good trick to provide your body with enough electrolytes is the puit 1 teaspoon of salt onto 1/4 gallon of juice. Consumption of citric fruits is good due to the high vitamin C that they contain.

Rest as much as your body asks you for, you will feel what you can do, and what your body would not like at all, just listen to what your body says.

but again... a warning:

IF YOU DO NOT GET YOUR FLU TREATED AND WAIT TOO LONG TILL IT GOES BY THEN THE VIRUS COULD JUST SEEK FOR ANOTHER POINT OF ATTACK: THIS COULD BE IN THE WORSE CASE AN INFECTION OF THE HEART MUSCLE WHICH CAN LEAD TO DEATH IF IT DOESN'T GET TREATED FAST BY PARAMEDICAL AND MEDICAL CREW

So please, take care and consult a medic if you can!

Get well soon!
markrc99
We recently had the wierdest flu, was only bad for one day but hung on for weeks. I've never had one like that. As already stated, it's best to just let it run its course.
Lord Klorel
When i have the flu, i am wearing warm cloating and them i am going to bed. I am really going to sweat out the flu and of course you must enough drinking water.
Don't take any medicine that will take your fever down, because fever a natural reaction of the body so that infections will be destroyed. When a body goes in fever, your body will not use the blood sugar but the fat materials so that your temperature will rise.

So my advice don't take any fever blockers. A fever temperature of 39 C is normal.
If this keeps one for a long time or it gets to high then you may take fever blockers.

I hope that this info will help you.

Get well,
secondeye
U can't do anything With Flu Cuz millions of people use over-the-counter (OTC) products to relieve nasal stuffiness and congestion, sneezing, runny noses, sore throat, and cough. and I have that same Problem.. every day my nose Sneazes and Achoowing starts... i check up for this but the doctor said that its allergy and He wrote me 1 medicine that when Eva this Flu Starts Horribly than take CPM tabelet once a day it will give you A very good comfort... and m taking tis tabelt and Got relief..... Aah Try to consult with your doctor Hope you will get well Soon From this EEEee flu Embarassed

Well If u have allery then Get the facts about allergic reactions, causes, allergy types (food, dust, mold, seasonal), symptoms and signs (skin rash, itching, red bumps, sneezing). Well... M allergic through Dust and Cold Water At Morning after awaken from dreams...

Kev01234 wrote:
Does anyone know any ways to help get rid of the flu? Ive had it for about a week and its really annoying. I feel like I got hit by a train. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Kevin