FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Rope jumping!!!

bcc32788
If you are looking for new activity to workout ,I suggest rope jumping.
It can consume more 20 cal/min and can consume the cellulite.
I think you will love it and the reason that made I love this activity is
it dare me
odinstag
bcc32788 wrote:
If you are looking for new activity to workout ,I suggest rope jumping.
It can consume more 20 cal/min and can consume the cellulite.
I think you will love it and the reason that made I love this activity is
it dare me

I have students Jump Rope for stamina and balance. Mostly just to warm up before stretching for a workout and to get the heart rate up. Gets all teh juices going.
sondosia
I used to do it a lot, but I never liked it because I got tired so quickly. Now I'm thinking about taking it up again, especially because of this post, because I need a more efficient method of exercise...
codelyokogirl
Rope Jumping is indeed a very efficinet method to keep yourself in shape, but as with any other sport, you have to pay attention about it as well.

It doesn't work to be a perfect rope jumper right from the beginning, and needs training itself. A HR monitoring should be advised, and it needs to be made sure that the anatomical givens allow you to rope-jump alot. Here especially the knees and feet need attention, since they are getting used alot in the jumping.

Else the jumping might end in alot bigger problems than the training effect would allow...

so please all you jumpers, take care Very Happy
benjmd
I was never good at jumping rope. Or jumping for that matter. I've worked on cardiovascular fitness and muscle strength throughout my legs (I have very strong calves) and still have the verticle leap of a 2-year-old. Needless to say, jumping rope was never very efficient for me. But for those that can, go for it (maybe use a standing place that is slightly less hard than concrete for the benefit of your feet and joints).