FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

iTunes 7.1.1.5

orcaz
hey, everytime when i start iTunes, kaspersky would detect iTunes.exe as modification of riskware Invader (loader). Is it a false positive? also, I noticed that in the recent versions, the music being played sometimes lagged when I start another program... does anyone face such problems too?
Pikokola
Nope, It's run smoothly here... Try reinstalling

Btw, I think winamp or media player classic (coming with k-lite codec pack) are better audio-video player.
RiCtee
I'm not using the latest iTunes (think its 7.1.0) and there's no problem with Kaspersky. Try downloading and reinstalling iTunes again.
Bones
WinAmp, Media Monkey, WMP 11 are all far superior audio players. I know this doesn't help your problem, but unless you own an I-Pod, there really is no good reason for using I-Tunes.

If you must use it, then reinstall it as stated above and see if you still get it.

Wouldn't surprise me if Apple started bundling spyware in their software. They've already been accused of giving preference to top 40 songs that you bought from the I-tunes store in your 'random' playlist.
froginabox
I don't own an iPod, but I still use iTunes - it does the best (for me) at organizing my music library, which is over 30,000 songs.
tomahawk19
froginabox wrote:
I don't own an iPod, but I still use iTunes - it does the best (for me) at organizing my music library, which is over 30,000 songs.

Well my friend, you really need to look at the folder schemes you have for your library. If you fix your folder scheme, you'd be better off with WinAmp or WM11. iTunes is just a crappy proprietary software that does not have the quality or reliability that WinAmp or WM11 do. Plus the video on iTunes sucks horribly. Not to rain on your parade, but unless you have an iPod, I do not reccommend it to anyone. I have my Zune, so I use the Zune software, which is a bit different than WM11, and even that I'm not too keen on...
froginabox
tomahawk19 wrote:
Well my friend, you really need to look at the folder schemes you have for your library. If you fix your folder scheme, you'd be better off with WinAmp or WM11. iTunes is just a crappy proprietary software that does not have the quality or reliability that WinAmp or WM11 do. Plus the video on iTunes sucks horribly. Not to rain on your parade, but unless you have an iPod, I do not reccommend it to anyone. I have my Zune, so I use the Zune software, which is a bit different than WM11, and even that I'm not too keen on...

Actually, I can't run WM11, because I use Windows 2000 Pro... and my old system barely ran WM7, much less 11.

WinAmp can be more stable, has plugin ability, etc., but I'm just not a huge fan of the interface. I like the simplicity of the iTunes interface, no extra windows for the library, no toggles. Yes, its video sucks, but I don't use it for video. I don't have any kind of MP3 player at all, just my trusty old Discman, so I can't speak for the Zune software or the Zune itself.

I will continue using my crappy proprietary software until WinAmp changes their GUI enough that I can stand it. I personally like the folder scheme - artist, then album. It works quite well for me.