FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

how to slice design

oleszka
Tell me more or give some links about how to slice design by photoshop or fireworks.
aningbo
templatemonster.com and go to their help section. they give a very nice tutorial to slice a template.
reddishblue
aningbo wrote:
templatemonster.com and go to their help section. they give a very nice tutorial to slice a template.

Could you link to that?
I can't find it
oleszka
:-/ I am lost there too
aningbo
i'm so sorry... its not templatemonester but boxart

here's the link to the tutorial: http://www.boxedart.com/phpshop/Lessons/PhShp/slices.html

They have other tutorials for beginners and yeah http://www.webdesign.org/ has a guud collection of tutorials.
Dragate
For photoshop, you simply use the slice tool located in your tool box.

Just drag boxes and it will name the slices and slice them.

Then use the go to imageready box then save it up as an optimized file. And that's it!

You got yourself a table//image site~
Donutey
Having never done this, out of curiousity do sliced sites end up being huge file size wise?
brilliantbeauty
Donutey wrote:
Having never done this, out of curiousity do sliced sites end up being huge file size wise?

Recently, I sliced up my site, and no, not at all. Smile Compared to my usual. But keep in mind my site is a graphic design site so I always save pretty decent quality and stuff.

Dragate is right. Just take your handy dandy slice tool, which is located uner the magic wand, and to the right of the crop tool and drag around a certain part where you want it to slice. (for instance, if you wanted text ontop of a certain part) The rest will autoslice. Then, if you want to save the slices in higher quality than gif, file>>save for web.

However, if you want the HTML table generated, (ctrl+shift+m) export to image ready and file>>save optimized as>>either HTML and images, or only HTML, depending on whether you already saved your images in photoshop. Imageready saves optimized as GIF. Then just stick the generated code in, and manipulate to your will.
tommypanda
the easies way to slice an image for a template is to create it in photoshop then click file edit in image ready then slice it where you want then go file save optismied as then you have you sliced image ready postioned in a html document and /images file Smile

edit\\(sorry i really should of read above before i posted Confused )
irishmark
here's a site i did ages ago that used slices:

www.theillusionators.com
Azmo
imo why slice? guess it works fine if you only work with straigt lines, but I know I dont.. and I'm also working with divs, not tables.. anyways.. ctrl+k is the slice tool in photoshop (if I remember that right, spam me if I dont)

anyways.. GL