FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

U.S. Presidental Facts

rheanna
See if you can find any and post your findings.

Quote:

Both George Washington and Thomas Jefferson grew Cannabis sativa (marijuana) on their plantations. (2201 Fascinating Facts by David Lewis, Greenwich House pg. 46) See Also: The Hemp Conspiracy

Now I know where Clinton got it from... HA HA

Laughing
Daisie
Quote:
6. Often depicted wearing a tall black stovepipe hat, 16th president of the United States Abraham Lincoln carried letters, bills, and notes in his hat.

What happened when he greeted a lady?

there's mine! (source Encarta msn)
knightandre
Harry S. Truman: First televised inaugural address. Truman had near the lowest ratings during his presidency, and high ratings after his presidency, in fact, the gap between the two ratings is the largest for any US president.
vanille
Taft - Got stuck in the bath tub. Razz (I think it was him. If not, it was basically one of the fatter Presidents)

Roosevelt - (the one in the wheelchair) Ran the most terms.
Slash
During the Whiskey Rebellion, Washington, as PRESIDENT, lead the army while putting himself in the very front line with Alexander Hamilton...

Andrew Jackson killed a man while he was president; he went into a duel to defend his wife's honor.
markrc99
New Orleans District Attorney Jim Garrison blatantly connected the dots proving the link between the CIA, Cuban exiles and Oswald's handlers, those who cultivated his image, making it easy to paint him as a communist sympathizer. Not to suggest dat a conpiry teary is nearly as relevant as what Lincoln kept in his hat. Classic stuff dude, whoa.
RoughitforGreen247
This isn't really all that unknown, but:

William Henry Harrison caught pneumonia while making his inaugural address in 1841 and died exactly one month after taking office. His inaugural was the longest in United States history, at over 8,000 words, and this was after Daniel Webster had edited it for length. It took roughly two hours to read.
Macko112
Andrew Jackson was shot during a public speech. He then proceeded to chase the shooter down and beat him up himself.
pampoon
Quote:
The 11th president, James K. Polk, did not speak English.

I wonder how his inaugural speech went...
Quote:
William Howard Taft once got stuck in his bath tub.

This explains why the current one is huge.

God bless,
Pampoon
Afaceinthematrix
All George Washington did pretty much is eat ice cream... it was his favorite food.
DjinniFire
Theodore Roosevelt was nicknamed "Trust-buster" and in many political cartoons and articles he is hailed as being the "Trust-buster" but William H. Taft actually passed more Anti-Trust acts and "trust-busted" more than Roosevelt.
missdixy
Macko112 wrote:
Andrew Jackson was shot during a public speech. He then proceeded to chase the shooter down and beat him up himself.

Wow....I pictured that just now....that's hilarious.