FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Problems with Mail - with current domain

Diablosblizz
Hey, I think I screwed something up. I have Cpanel Hosting, and I wanted to set it up with Gmail. I changed my MX Entry to Gmails, and it never worked.

Now I want to reset it, but I don't know how. I changed it to mail.domain.com. When I try to send mail I get:

Quote:

The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was 'diablosblizz@hotelmario.info'. Subject 'test', Account: 'diablosblizz@hotelmario.info', Server: 'mail.hotelmario.info', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '451 Temporary local problem - please try later', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 451, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

How do i fix?

Thanks, Blizz.
Animal
You will need to undo all the changes you made to the original MX records. If you didn't take a note of these, you will need to get them from your hosting provider. We can't supply this info since you're not hosted at Frihost.
byndcom
Go into cPanel>Mail>Modify MX Entries> Click on YOURDOMAIN.Com, type in YOURDOMAIN.COM.

Example:
Domain: midnight-host.info
Change MX Entry from gmail.com to mail.midnight-host.info

What you wanted to do only works with mail.live.com - to register go to http://domains.live.com

Hope this helps!

Edit: The error message is probobly just because your ISP hasn't updated yet. To hopefully fix this go to Start>Run>CMD> and type in ipconfig /FlushDNS . Then delete all your InternetFiles/Cookies. Then retry. This should fix it. The update when you change your MX entry can usually take from 5minutes to 48 hours, depending on your webhost, your ISP, and were you are located
Diablosblizz
Quote:
The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was 'diablosblizz@hotelmario.info'. Subject 'Hello', Account: 'diablosblizz@hotelmario.info', Server: 'hotelmario.info', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '451 Temporary local problem - please try later', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 451, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

Flushed and Everything (ROFL)... This is unfair. Though I did figure something out. I changed the MX's to hotelmario.info and I was able to login and just sit there. When I went to go send the mail I got the message above.

Please help Sad.
IceCreamTruck
I have trouble sending mail too. ;-( But do not fear Wink Kendall is hot on the trail.

I too am experiencing this "0x800CCC79" error, which is how I found this topic, and it's the only topic on the forum that has this specific error code.

I see aswell that you are a senior frihoster who is having this issue.

I will keep you posted on what I find out.