FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

White House is the Insane Asylum

rheanna
Cool Laughing

Quote:

http://www.capitolhillblue.com/artman/publish/article_7445.shtml

Depressed and demoralized White House staffers say working at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue is “life in a hellhole” as they try to deal with a sullen, moody President whose temper tantrums drive staffers crying from the room and bring the business of running the country to a halt.
“It’s like working in an insane asylum,” says one White House aide. “People walk around like they’re in a trance. We’re the dance band on the Titanic, playing out our last songs to people who know the ship is sinking and none of us are going to make it.”

Increasing reports from the usually tight-lipped staff of the Bush Administration talk of a West Wing dominated by gallows humor, long faces and a depression that has all but paralyzed daily routines.

“If POTUS (President of the United States) is on the road you can breathe a little easier for the day, knowing that those with him are catching hell and the mood will be a little easier in the Wing (West Wing) until he returns,” says another aide.

Capitol Hill Blue began reporting on Bush’s mood swings and erratic behavior in June 2004 but the stories of an erratic, moody President circulating within the White House were ignored by the “mainstream media” until recently. Now more and more outlets have begun to report on what many administration staffers say is a President out of control.

Glad it's them and not me. Laughing The whole article is funny.
crdowner
This is not particularly surprising. Mr. Bush seems like the type to get upset when he does not get his way. That probably explains why he has earned the name "King George". We have seen and heard about him "approving" actions that are questionable at best. He has used 9/11 to strip us of several civil liberties. I voted for him in 2000 but the 2008 elections can not get here quick enough for me.
Moonspider
crdowner wrote:
He has used 9/11 to strip us of several civil liberties. I voted for him in 2000 but the 2008 elections can not get here quick enough for me.

President Bush is still far behiind Lincoln and FDR when it comes to violating liberties. Lincoln's actions during the War Between the States make things like the Patriot Act look downright tame. FDR used Lincoln as precedent during Word War II.

Respectfully,
M
crdowner
What acts did President Lincoln perform or condone that make the Patriot Act seem tame?

Do not get me wrong. I think some of the changes made were necessary to safeguard the US. My problem is more with Mr. Bush's going "above" the law with phone taps, etc. The laws of this land still apply to the president of the United States although he does not seem to think so.
jipmerite
The reason Bush throws tantrums at his servents is cos he doesn't have the guts and pure power of personality to even raise a finger at the people really running the country and treating him like a puppet. Namely Dick Cheney and the Jewish Lobby.

Pervious presidents such a Clinton and Bush Sr had their own problems and shortcomings. They did their part in maintaining the Middle East in chaos. But George W. Bush tops the bunch being the worst in recent history. He can't even make a speech without embarassing himself. How an idiot like him got re-elected shows just how easy it is to rig the US election.
Moonspider
crdowner wrote:
What acts did President Lincoln perform or condone that make the Patriot Act seem tame?

Do not get me wrong. I think some of the changes made were necessary to safeguard the US. My problem is more with Mr. Bush's going "above" the law with phone taps, etc. The laws of this land still apply to the president of the United States although he does not seem to think so.

Acts of Lincoln during the Civil War:
1. Suspended the Writ of Habeas Corpus – As Yale professor Joshua Kleinfeld said, “when Lincoln suspended the Writ of Habeas Corpus, he clothed himself with more power then any individual had possessed in America before, or since.” (BTW, Franklin Roosevelt used this precedent to suspend the writ and imprison Japanese-Americans during World War II.)
2. Declared Martial Law – Went so far as to arrest people for protesting the war and shutting down anti-war newspapers. And since the writ of habeas corpus had been suspended, there was nothing they could do about it.
3. Had Congressman Vallandigham of Ohio (an outspoken political opponent) taken into custody by armed soldiers in the middle of the night, thrown in a military prison, convicted by military tribunal of treason because of a speech he gave in the House of Representatives, and was promptly deported.
4. Issued an arrest warrant for Supreme Court Chief Justice Roger Taney after Taney issued an opinion that only congress could suspend habeas corpus.

Respectfully,
M
Soulfire
Well, it's funny you mention this -- just only moments ago on the T.V. was video of George Bush dancing around at the white house. I had no idea what it was for, but he looked like he was enjoying himself.

And no wonder he's moody or depressed... he's the leader of a nation plagued by selfish apathy.
Esperanto
Moonspider wrote:
crdowner wrote:

Acts of Lincoln during the Civil War:
1. Suspended the Writ of Habeas Corpus – As Yale professor Joshua Kleinfeld said, “when Lincoln suspended the Writ of Habeas Corpus, he clothed himself with more power then any individual had possessed in America before, or since.” (BTW, Franklin Roosevelt used this precedent to suspend the writ and imprison Japanese-Americans during World War II.)
2. Declared Martial Law – Went so far as to arrest people for protesting the war and shutting down anti-war newspapers. And since the writ of habeas corpus had been suspended, there was nothing they could do about it.
3. Had Congressman Vallandigham of Ohio (an outspoken political opponent) taken into custody by armed soldiers in the middle of the night, thrown in a military prison, convicted by military tribunal of treason because of a speech he gave in the House of Representatives, and was promptly deported.
4. Issued an arrest warrant for Supreme Court Chief Justice Roger Taney after Taney issued an opinion that only congress could suspend habeas corpus.

Respectfully,
M

That's the history of the Republican party summed up for you... liberty swiping fascists. From Lincoln to GW, their stance has never changed - and it will ultimately be the death of them. America is fed up with it.