FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

New Firefox Updates Stopping phpBB pop ups...

Dougie1
Has anyone noticed that a recent firefox update has blocked the pop-ups for 'View more Emoticons' and made them open in a totally new tab. Firefox did not used to do this. I find it quite annoying actually. Anyone else find this annoying?
OutlawSpirit
didnt notice this.. will check, annoyin if what u say happens 2 every1 Crying or Very sad
soulman
yeah, I find it too, are there any settings to stop the filter?
rhathar
Personally I like the pop-up blocker. It saves me a lot more grief than it causes.

If anything, shouldn't we look into the code for phpBB pop-ups and try and get them viewed as legitimate rather than ads? That would make a lot more sense than yet another Firefox hack that won't work when the next 0.0.1 update comes out.
GSIS
Mine was doing this but, after a power failure trashed my FireFox installation, I had to do a full uninstall/reinstall and the problem disappeared.
ocalhoun
You get used to it after a while, and I actually prefer it now. I no longer lose the pop-up window behind the main window and have to go find it. Also, the tiny pop-up window becomes a full-size window, which I prefer.

(Because of the tab mix plus add-on, I've had more time to get used to this)
reddishblue
That doesn't happen for me, I use a thing called Ad-Blocker so maybe that's it though
Daisie
I havent noticed anything either, emoticons still open in a wee box....
maybe I m not up to date yet !