FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Java/C++ helpers

Trickster
Finally i have decided to make an honest attempt to learn either java or C/C++ as i think those are the languages i could really do a lot with..

Actually i think that java might be the best because i'm thinking of starting with some small games which could be put on a homepage and played directly on the website.. But still C++ would also be a very fine language to master as i also would like to program software..

I know some Visual Basic as i have had it as a subject for one year in school, but i know its nothing near any of the above named languages but still its in the programming category and it still gives the very basic ideas of programming i think Wink

So what i'm looking for is really a person, eventually a few people, to help me learn a programming language, like giving some small lessons on msn and basicly just being on msn so everytime i have a problem, i dont get stock for years and eventually give up learning

It would be cool if somebody would help me here without any major payment, but i'm still willing to pay some frih$ or maybe teach you something instead (i know some 3d/2d and website development in dreamviewer, and of course also VB Razz ) so thanks to any volunteers
Dougie1
If you already know some VB stick with it. It is not any less good than C or C# or whatever. It is also nicer to use in my opinion. You could continue doing that and learn Java at the same time even. Anyway, I don't think there are going to be a huge amount of people leaping at the chance to be your tutor. Look for some online resources or buy a book on how to learn Java and if you get stuck then ask here. It may take slightly longer for a reply here but at least there are more people around to answer your questions.
Trickster
Yea well i was not really looking to learn C, more C++ which is a whole lot more advanced than VB, and i know not a whole bunch of people are going to volunteer but still i think there are people willing to answer my questions on msn for an amount of frih$ etc... so i'm going to leave this option open
Indi
i would be happy to give you advice and tips, and answer any questions you might have. No Fri$ necessary. i am an experienced C++ programmer - Java i haven't used seriously in a looooooong time, but when i used to call myself an experienced Java programmer too (parts of my knowledge may be a little out of date).

Like i said, i'd do it for free, no strings attached, but if you wouldn't mind me asking you a question on web development or something like that from time to time that would be great.
qebab
I read through 600 lines of java code not written by myself, trying to find a bug yesterday. It was very unpleasant. I'm assuming most people do it differently (modular, use more than one class for the entire code...) but I don't think I want to learn a language that has that feel ever. Sorry for breaking into your thread, but I'm still annoyed at the shit code.
Trickster
hehe thats okay qehab but i'll give the java thing a try tho Wink
and Indi thank you for your positive response, i've sent you a pm Very Happy
qebab
Yeah, go ahead. I think most languages are quite good if you develop good habits for your coding. The one I fixed last night was worse than terrible though.
Indi
qebab wrote:
I read through 600 lines of java code not written by myself, trying to find a bug yesterday. It was very unpleasant. I'm assuming most people do it differently (modular, use more than one class for the entire code...) but I don't think I want to learn a language that has that feel ever. Sorry for breaking into your thread, but I'm still annoyed at the shit code.

All languages are capable of devolving into a gawdawful mess. If you don't want to learn a language that has any possibility of that happening, you will never learn a language.

Just check this out for an example of how messed up you can get with C:
Code:
#include <stdio.h>

char
*T="IeJKLMaYQCE]jbZRskc[SldU^V\\X\\|/_<[<:90!\"$434-./2>]s",
K[3][1000],*F,x,A,*M[2],*J,r[4],*g,N,Y,*Q,W,*k,q,D;X(){r  [r
[r[3]=M[1-(x&1)][*r=W,1],2]=*Q+2,1]=x+1+Y,*g++=((((x&     7)
-1)>>1)-1)?*r:r[x>>3],(++x<*r)&&X();}E(){A||X(x=0,g       =J
),x=7&(*T>>A*3),J[(x[F]-W-x)^A*7]=Q[x&3]^A*(*M)[2         +(
x&1)],g=J+((x[k]-W)^A*7)-A,g[1]=(*M)[*g=M[T+=A            ,1
][x&1],x&1],(A^=1)&&(E(),J+=W);}l(){E(--q&&l              ()
);}B(){*J&&B((D=*J,Q[2]<D&&D<k[1]&&(*g++=1                ),
!(D-W&&D-9&&D-10&&D-13)&&(!*r&&(*g++=0)                   ,*
r=1)||64<D&&D<91&&(*r=0,*g++=D-63)||D                     >=
97&&D<123&&(*r=0,*g++=D-95)||!(D-k[                       3]
)&&(*r=0,*g++=12)||D>k[3]&&D<=k[                          1]
-1&&(*r=0,*g++=D-47),J++));}j(                            ){
putchar(A);}b(){(j(A=(*K)[D*                              W+
r[2]*Y+x]),++x<Y)&&b();}t                                 ()
{(j((b(D=q[g],x=0),A=W)                                   ),
++q<(*(r+1)<Y?*(r+1):                                     Y)
)&&t();}R(){(A=(t(                                        q=
0),'\n'),j(),++r                                          [2
]<N)&&R();}O()                                            {(
j((r[2]=0,R(                                              ))
),r[1]-=q)                                                &&
O(g-=-q)                                                  ;}
C(){(                                                     J=
gets                                                      (K
[1]))&&C((B(g=K[2]),*r=!(!*r&&(*g++=0)),(*r)[r]=g-K[2],g=K[2
],r[
1]&&
O())
);;}
main
(){C
((l(
(J=(
A=0)
[K],
A[M]
=(F=
(k=(
M[!A
]=(Q
=T+(
q=(Y
=(W=
32)-
(N=4
))))
+N)+
2)+7
)+7)
),Y=
N<<(
*r=!
-A))
);;}
(source: http://www0.us.ioccc.org/years.html, 2000 winner "anderson". Yes, it should compile on any compiler, although you might have to force the compiler to accept functions with no return statement.)