FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Whats your favorite girl band?

ravin
Yes for me as a guy this is a hard question to answer because im in to the hardcore genrea of music. The best girl bands from what i saw would have to be In This Moment and FlyLeaf. Both of them scream but in this moment is better.
rafifaisal
Undoubtedly it must be the Pussycat Dolls.
Nice songs, nice looks and man that Nicole... Do I want to lay my hands on here Laughing
saeleyjnr
To be honest there arent any good girl bands.
Any genre I think of, i cant spot a single all girl band worthy of a mention.
Sickness
Ouch, I still don't know any girl band...
Esperanto
saeleyjnr wrote:

That's a fairly ignorant statement. Get out and look harder.

Sleater-Keeney is good. Joanna Newsom is pretty good, and so is Feist. There are plenty of them.
tingkagol
ravin wrote:
Yes for me as a guy this is a hard question to answer because im in to the hardcore genrea of music. The best girl bands from what i saw would have to be In This Moment and FlyLeaf. Both of them scream but in this moment is better.

denali
vedera
Commando_Sondre
Spice Girls Rolling Eyes Err, or maybe Pussycat Dolls. Have no idea, I don't like any of those bands. Razz
mattchun
Spice girls, do you have another choice?
RoughitforGreen247
Hmmm, that's a pretty hard question, and I have to admit its more because I don't like many girl bands than that I can't decide between them. If I had to choose my favorite girl bands, I would say Blondie or Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, which are the only two girl groups whose music I can stomach. To be honest I wouldn't choose to listen to either of them except in the circumstance when the two hundred or so bands that are better than them were unchoosable.
ddukki
Meg and Dia are a very nice rock band. They have their own style and aren't corrupted by mass media. Teagan and Sara are also a good band, but they aren't really my style. My friend adores them, though.
dacode
Hi there,

I've just discovered a uk band, 3 girls playing a straight melodic no fuss rock, and I'm delighted to share the stage with them next month...

They're The Tommy's :

http://www.myspace.com/thetommysband
saeleyjnr
Esperanto wrote:
saeleyjnr wrote:

That's a fairly ignorant statement. Get out and look harder.

Sleater-Keeney is good. Joanna Newsom is pretty good, and so is Feist. There are plenty of them.

It's not an ignorant comment in any way.

dacode wrote:
Hi there,
I've just discovered a uk band, 3 girls playing a straight melodic no fuss rock, and I'm delighted to share the stage with them next month...
They're The Tommy's

lol. The funny thing is that i've actually seen this band live. They supported Towers of London on one of their uk tours.
They were terrible. Could barely play their instruments. I notice they've lost the lead singer from the line-up, which is a good move cus from memory, she wasnt the best.

Their songs are completely stupid and pointless. Songs about kissing boys at the back of a school bus, i mean seriously.

Girl bands seem to do well within the pop world. but there arent very many credible ones, In my opinion.

Hole would probably be the last girl band that i thought was pretty good. Oh and the corrs (even though they had a guy in the band)
Dr Carruthers
Well, if Chicks on Speed classifies as a girl band, then they are my favourite. Or The Pipettes Very Happy

Or Ladytron. Female electroclash bands can be very good.
allhopedeleted
I just realised how sexist I am with my music, I have no cds from female artists

I hate girl bands but I love paramore (if that counts)
JinTenshi
Erm, is Psychedelico a girl band? =S And also I like YUI. Ok, so maybe she's not a girl band, and not Avril Neither. Sugababes is pretty good though, nice harmony if you listen properly.
HoboPelican
Wow, did I miss it or am I the only one who likes the Donnas?

No good girl bands? Sheesh, what is your freakin criteria? That you "like"
them. There are lots of good girl bands out there. They may not be your or my cup of tea, but there are some really good groups out there. Ignoring solo artists like Etheridge and Crow and a slew of others, you still have:
The Bangles
The Go Gos
Bikini Kill
The Indigo Girls
Martha Reeves and the Vandellas (going back a ways here)
on and on and on.

You may not like them, but that is a weak excuse to say they aren't "good".
jds10912
Can't Face the Falling
engeland
allhopedeleted wrote:
I just realised how sexist I am with my music, I have no cds from female artists

... If Paramore counts than i'm all for them. But Haley's the only who's a girl, the rest of the band members are guys. That doesn't count does it?
rheanna
Pink
Infernal
achene
Girl bands?

I don't really know. Is there some good girl/metal bands out there? or at least just rock?

- Achene
LovE-RicH
The Breeders?Smile
Oh well, they do have one male...
IronWolf87
The Iron Maidens. Iron Maiden tribute band
mialynavahy
Pussycat Dolls and cramberies
Master Yoda
Well.. I'm not really much into girl bands but, I'll say it's the Pussy Cat Dolls... and Pink.. well I did listen to a few of their songs.. not sure if they'll be on my list though.. thing is I just switch on VH1 and keep it there.. so just watch whatever music comes on... lol...
trinnyhiggs
Well i kinda like cascada at the moment but i dunno i change my music daily lol
windloveskid
I like "The Twins" best. The girl band is in Hong Kong Very Happy
Jaan
The Chemical Brothers rock!!!
catscratches
hmm. I don't know any good girl band. Not even a good band containing a single girl.
deemon
There is a metal/rock band called Lacuna Coil. It has this cool girl named Christina Scabbia. I like the band because they play metal and the girl does the vocals. The style of the band is similar to Evanescence with some more metal in it.
Vanilla
It has to be a band formed only by girls? I don't really know any. But I like girls on the vocals, like No Doubt, Superbus (a french band), Eurythmics and so on...

deemon wrote:
There is a metal/rock band called Lacuna Coil. It has this cool girl named Christina Scabbia. I like the band because they play metal and the girl does the vocals. The style of the band is similar to Evanescence with some more metal in it.

Wow Lacuna Coil! Well remembered. I also love Lacrimosa and After Forever.
Jurado
K3 of course, they are very famous in Belgium and Holland.

Now no, The Corrs were one of my favorites, but don't here anything anymore.
markolino
avril lavgine ;D
spaz-o
engeland wrote:
allhopedeleted wrote:

... If Paramore counts than i'm all for them. But Haley's the only who's a girl, the rest of the band members are guys. That doesn't count does it?

I'm for Paramore. They are, infact, my favourite band. I guess they count because their frontman is Hayley.

Others:
Flyleaf
The Veronicas
Operator Please
agustin
SPICE GIRLS of course. They are the best! come on!