FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

A new forum Called the unknown

chasbeen
The unknown would be about anything. It could be called the "Unexplained"

I think this would be popular because of the success of websites about UFO's and Ghosts etc.
crdowner
When I first saw your post, I thought you were suggesting a forum form things that did not really fit into a specific category. That one worried me a bit just because people will likely use it for a lot rather than looking through the forum list.

Your suggestion of an "unexplained" forum could prove interesting.
rheanna
Laughing I'll join. Where do I sign up? ;o)
Hogwarts
I believe this is a bad idea.
There are already far more than enough conspiracy theories, and I believe that this would only lead to more.

This forum would be extremely specific, too, and the current forums could more than enough accomodate for these types of topics.
Vrythramax
I also think this to be a bad idea....we already have multiple forums that can, and do handle the influx of such posts....the main of which is named "The General Forum", which handles all topics not covered in other forums.
chasbeen
Like other categories you don't have to participate. I know that I would be interested in reading peoples comments (serious or otherwise) because it's interesting to see just how many people believe in such things.
Did you know that the French Space Agency just put 1,600 ufo reprts on their web site last week. Did you also know that it was impossible to get on the site for a few days. This would be of benefit to this community. People posting things into the General forum is to vague for this potentially HUGE subject. Smile
truespeed
Ive heard this forum already exists,i was chatting to a former member of frihost and i mentioned the suggested forum and he said

Quote:

man that forums already there,yeah they keep it hidden,but it exists,how do i know,well one night late on me and my friend came to firihost,and i saw it,it was called enter the unknown,i never went into it cos im not interested in that shit,but there were loads of posts on there already,something like 20.000 ,i mean if its there why hide it,my friend,he went in,now this is where it gets weird,you see,ever since he went in there and read what he read,hes not been the same person.

ok that sounds weird dont it,but its true,we have been friends like all our lives,but since that night we hardly speak,hes gone all strange on me,he dont hang out no more,dont play sports,all he does is spend all his time at home on his computer,i still see him around town sometimes,mostly at the library,i say hello ,he nods ,but thats it,strange shit yeah. whatevers in that forum messed with his head.

i dont know how much truth there is in what he said but.........
Animal
truespeed wrote:
Ive heard this forum already exists,i was chatting to a former member of frihost and i mentioned the suggested forum and he said...

Sounds like the former member of Frihost has an active imagination to say the least... Eh?

truespeed wrote:
i dont know how much truth there is in what he said but.........

I would think you could guess just how much truth was in that statement Laughing
Daisie
rheanna wrote:
Laughing I'll join. Where do I sign up? ;o)

Why am I not surprised ?! Wink Laughing (just teasing)

Half the "unknow" could easely got in science or history...
garionw
truespeed wrote:
ok that sounds weird dont it,but its true,we have been friends like all our lives,but since that night we hardly speak,hes gone all strange on me,he dont hang out no more,dont play sports,all he does is spend all his time at home on his computer,i still see him around town sometimes,mostly at the library,i say hello ,he nods ,but thats it,strange shit yeah. whatevers in that forum messed with his head.

Bonding's must be a regular poster Rolling Eyes
Blaster
Animal stop lying you knwo there is that forum... It scared away gonzo duh....

OK look this is off topic but do you remember when like the forum was like a lot different. Like the marketplace was uptop and all. And there was that one place that had teh like detail that is listed when you are signed out. I actually remember that... weird...

But now on the not so spammy way i dont' think this forum is good. I think it would just cause a lot of flaming and all.
Bockman
Well.. this forum does exist, but it's been settled for ADM only, due to the potential leaks to the U.S.A. National Security Agency. It has been unveiled for one night yes, due to a flaw on phpBB (or was that flaw mine.. nevermind the details...) when we were resynchronizing our new data with homebase.

Since on that day we "lost" some of our members (the ones who were active during that hour and entered that forum had to be dealt with quickly before the news spread, sorry...), It has been settled on our council and aprooved by hometown that the information on that forum would have to be secured (and this is why I can tell you this now) way past Human klnowledge and we have implemented a new "foreign" (at least to you guys) MOD to protect it.

That being said, No open forum for those themes as we could blow our.. erm.. Bondings' cover....

Be Well Cool
jharsika
Well I think it would be good to have a forum like Phenomena, Paranormal, Conspiracy Theories or something because a lot of people are starting threads on those subjects in forum categories that don't quite fit.
Blaster
It would cause too much flaming. That would cause more work for the mods. That would get more people banned. So really its not a good thing. It just pisses people off.
tidruG
Blaster wrote:
It would cause too much flaming. That would cause more work for the mods. That would get more people banned. So really its not a good thing. It just pisses people off.

Well, it's not necessarily that bad of a situation.
However, I think we have quite a lot of forums as it is...
We'll just see what the others have to say.