FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Script license

DanielXP
I want to make a script what stores licenses in my sites Database.

Then when the person who has downloaded my scipt and in the middle of the installation has to enter there free license. Then for it to check it on my site and if its correct continue and finish installing.

Also for it so once its install if i delete the code then there script will stop working.

Thanks,
DanielXP
chris20
That is pretty complicated, but not too hard to make. The only problem is that if someone doesn't have access to the internet, you will have to set up an alternate way to activate the program using a phone for example. Do you know any php and can make this, or are you looking for someone?
DanielXP
This will be used on a internet new script so they need the internet to use this any way.

Also i know a little about PHP. (I think)

Just need like a push start if you know what I mean..

Thanks,
Daniel
[FuN]goku
well... idk about you but .. ive made my own program in visual basic.. it generates 10000 serials in .sql format. And then you can import them to ur db.. but ive not finished the program... its a bit.... well nm ^^
DanielXP
Erm,

This is a PHP online script so...
manum
well you can generate a random number with md5 hashed value of username as the seed.......

then use curl for getting this number from the users server to yours and validating it and sending a response or something...

but i wonder how much fool proof this system is gonna be....
DanielXP
Its not going to be people having to pay for this.

I just i want a record of people who are using the script so it can easly be updated.

And so we can check there versions and copy rights.

Also i know how to make a code like the just i want it to keep before it continues and not work unless the code is valid.

Thats what i need to know how to do.
DanielXP
Sorry im going to have to bump this.

Im waiting to release but have no clue on this.
mathiaus
manum wrote:
then use curl for getting this number from the users server to yours and validating it and sending a response or something...

Not all servers have curl though.

The easiest way to do this to;
a) User downloads script
b) User registers on your site, key formed through md5(ing) version of script, their site domain and a key of your choice
c) During install they enter their key, it creates a key using their inputted details and the same key should be formed. If so it then checks in your database that its again the same
d) Every page load, the key is created again and goes through the same checks
DanielXP
Thanks for your reply.

Could people just remove that from the code.

Or will they not bother as it is a free script?
mathiaus
It could easily be removed though as it's free and doing no harm, it's unlikely they'll even know its there!
DanielXP
Thanks for all your help.

I have some idea on how I will make this Very Happy

[MOD] Lock topic please Wink
mathiaus
-close-