FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The Future of gaming...

TarsajumaClan
Technology is advancing more rapidly than ever and the possibilities seem endless, but what will be the next big breakthrough? We take a look at some innovative projects...

Read More
blk3
Virtual reality headsets that really lets you see the game world through the eyes of the game character. And also innovative controls like motion gloves that can let you mimic actions like swinging a sword , loading a shotgun , firing a rocket launcher etc . And also maybe they'll also develop a shock suit that lets you feel game damage by sending electric shocks thru your body.
Keran
Future sure seems awesome, but I wonder when this technologicall race lead eventually, controling everything with our minds? (or have they invented it already?)
I guess that this super future technology will cost a lot of money and only few people will able to enjoy it, atleast in the first stages when it comes out. But I guess when it comes out I will be so super rich i'll be able to afford anything Very Happy
Godknown
I've seen about this, and it's really cool. The only thing I'm a little skeptical on is how you are going to move forward or backward. I don't want to be walking into walls or knocking over people. By people, I mean red diamonds.
Cibes
Yeah, this sure looks awesome! I can't wait to put such goggles on and be completly into a virtual world.
Keran wrote:
I wonder when this technologicall race lead eventually, controling everything with our minds? (or have they invented it already?)

Yes they have! I have heard of some scientific experiment where apes were controlling a robotic arm only by thinking commands!!! Amazing what technology can do. Surprised
iZen
Well if Project Top Secret by Acclaim ends up producing a nice new product, it will probably end up being a Racing MMORPG. If that doesn't go good, then I can see the market focusing on more high graphics than better game play. There really is no new innovative ideas out there, pretty much all of the genres have been covered by most game makers. My vote is to bring back the good old pencil and paper RPG's.
TruPain
I think that holographic gaming will be the next biggest step... almost a cross between a virtual reality and holographs...

And no I am not talking about Time Traveller from Sega... that was a nice attempt but a failure all in the same...

Think Holographics + Nintendo Wii style gameplay... it places you in the middle of the action... and realistic as well...
web-geek
in my opinion i belive that consoles will dissappear alltogeather. they are already starting to look, feel, and act more and more like PCs every generation. even the x-box 360 can now network on a PC network 0.o so I beilive that the future in gaming is going to be 100% in PC's someday! where pc's will be then... who knows.
Telnven
web-geek wrote:
in my opinion i belive that consoles will dissappear alltogeather. they are already starting to look, feel, and act more and more like PCs every generation. even the x-box 360 can now network on a PC network 0.o so I beilive that the future in gaming is going to be 100% in PC's someday! where pc's will be then... who knows.

I don't think consoles would vanish purely because of the convieniece of them, one reason is that most casual gamers like being able to sit down, stick a game in their console and play, without the hasle of having to install the game on their PC,
TarsajumaClan
Telnven wrote:
web-geek wrote:

I don't think consoles would vanish purely because of the convieniece of them, one reason is that most casual gamers like being able to sit down, stick a game in their console and play, without the hasle of having to install the game on their PC,

I would say the very opposite... Just look at console sales latly... While a pc may be more customizable and such, it cant compare to the easy convieniece of a console. Ever game for taht console will work on that console. You dont have to worry about is my grahics card good enough... can my pc even run this? Not to mention how streamlined a service like xbox live is... (of course they are working on that with vista for some games now on pc as well...)
Telnven
TarsajumaClan wrote:
Telnven wrote:
web-geek wrote:

I would say the very opposite... Just look at console sales latly... While a pc may be more customizable and such, it cant compare to the easy convieniece of a console. Ever game for taht console will work on that console. You dont have to worry about is my grahics card good enough... can my pc even run this? Not to mention how streamlined a service like xbox live is... (of course they are working on that with vista for some games now on pc as well...)

Ok I don't understand this post, you have basically repeated what I said, and then suggested that I had said the opposite to what I said?

Quote:
I don't think consoles would vanish purely because of the convieniece of them, one reason is that most casual gamers like being able to sit down, stick a game in their console and play, without the hasle of having to install the game on their PC

I said in the above quote that consoles would not vanish "because of the convieniece of them". And your reply "I would say the very opposite...", "to the easy convieniece of a console".

Could you explain what you mean, unless you were replying to TarsajumaClan, and if that is the case why didn't you quote that post instead of mine?
TarsajumaClan
I was agreeing with you... I meant to quote him lol... I dont get how you couldnt figure that out though... Its not that confusing lol...
greatfire
uh, is it just me or are most of the things most people said already in the wii. Not the VR or anything, but the motion sensitivity etc. In my opnion the 360 and ps3 are taking steps back and just trying to become pcs. nintendo are the only company really making anything new
Geminh
Wow this is really interesting... I remember hearing about Sony or some other company that they will try to get smell sensors into the TV or Console. This project is expected to finish in the next 20 years or longer.
Satori
TarsajumaClan wrote:
Technology is advancing more rapidly than ever and the possibilities seem endless, but what will be the next big breakthrough?

It's called the Wii baby! Smile
mattchun
I guess the next breakthrough is that we actually "move" when gaming, it's a sport more than a game!

lol
Insanity
Pretty soon, we will be able to play a Sims-like game in complete virtual reality, where VR suits and gear will give you a super realistic view of the game and the perspective of the character. It'll almost be like... living your life, except you're not really. But then again, maybe we will be able to take the saying, "Step into someone else's shoes" literally.
neroyert
Well, if games keep becoming more and more realistic we'll no longer need to actually live. Maybe there will be tiny implants in our brain that stimulate our senses and actually cause us to live inside of video games, wait... how would we change the game? Very Happy