FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

US Troops Shooting Dogs for Fun

NuniPio
here are some clips of US troops shooting dogs for fun, it may be pretty sickening to some viewers.

http://www.coolvideoclips.com/2007/03/23/us-troops-shooting-dogs-for-fun
rheanna
Confused What the Fcck Crying or Very sad Why post this? Poor animals, they didn't anything to deserve that. Why would that site even allow that?
NuniPio
i guess to show what the US troops do in their free time
Moonspider
NuniPio wrote:
i guess to show what the US troops do in their free time

No. That demonstrates what a small group of people did.

Your generalization is like saying that everyone in Waco, Texas thinks the same way David Koresh and his followers did. Or that every man in Modesto, California murders their wives in their spare time because that is what one Modesto citizen (Scott Peterson) did.

Respectfully,
M
Nameless
It is kind of sad to see innocent dogs being shot. I'd say the dogs didn't deserve it at all, and were just going about their business before they were shot at. I don't the rest of the dogs nearby will be happy, or want those dogs shot either. Nor, for that matter, do I think any dogs should be shot at all, even if they were living in fear from a larger, meaner dog.

Okay that last sentence was just stupid but I think you get the double meaning I'm trying to portray here.
Soulfire
Although we also don't know the entire story - perhaps the dogs are infected with something, or... a multitude of other possible things. I'm not trying to justify, I'm just saying.

And yes, to say that all U.S. soldiers do this in their free time is like saying all Muslims are terrorists, and things of that nature. Be careful about generalizations.... they're dangerous, and they're one of the reasons we fight wars. It only takes a couple "bad apples" to spoil the group.
NuniPio
ahh.. i didnt mean to say that its ALL US soldiers that do this, dear god if it was i dont think there would be any dogs left, heres some more videos from Iraq

http://www.coolvideoclips.com/2007/03/23/videos-from-the-iraq-war
ibay
There is nothing surprising in shooting dogs for fun from those people who are known to shoot at and torture humans for fun
budiman
I thought the troops were bored and basically had nothing to do, so they were practising shooting. Maybe they imagined sort of playing game.
riyadh
well...i'm not surprised. with no one to kill they resorted to killing dogs who are innocent. really gives you a vague picture of how sick americans are. god help them!
Insanity
riyadh wrote:
well...i'm not surprised. with no one to kill they resorted to killing dogs who are innocent. really gives you a vague picture of how sick americans are. god help them!

I'm an American. Are you saying that I would also shoot innocent dogs for no reason?
Soulfire
riyadh wrote:

And it's generalizations like these that accomplish a couple of things.

1) Piss people off
2) Start wars

Should I continue....?

Should I say that because of your screenname and location I think you're a sick Muslim terrorist who wants nothing more than to kill the innocent? No, I shouldn't.
NuniPio
Insanity wrote:
riyadh wrote:

I'm an American. Are you saying that I would also shoot innocent dogs for no reason?

I'm Muslim, n i felt the same way u feel when people start saying Muslims are terrorists.

i honestly wont have a clue why they would go around shooting these dogs, they may have attacked the troops or something, i know in many cases where dogs have been killed for attacking people. but who knows? I'm certainly not going to jump to any conclusions, without seeing both sides.
ibay
Soulfire wrote:

And yes, to say that all U.S. soldiers do this in their free time is like saying all Muslims are terrorists, and things of that nature. Be careful about generalizations.... they're dangerous, and they're one of the reasons we fight wars. It only takes a couple "bad apples" to spoil the group.

Soulfire! what could be more sickening than to compare All Muslims as a single group with American Military?
American Military is a group of people under the command of an authority, they are given proper training to perform their duties, and they are appropriately fed and paid for that.
And who are Muslims? Just like Christians and other religions, Muslims are people belonging to different races and living in different regions of the world and following a certain way of life in one form or another.

So does it make any sense to compare "All Muslims" with American Military?
southy
I guess it depends on one's faith. Some believe they're soulless and some believe they are equal to humans. Christianity teaches us never to put yourself in front of an animal. So hence, it depends on your faith.
NuniPio
southy wrote:
I guess it depends on one's faith. Some believe they're soulless and some believe they are equal to humans. Christianity teaches us never to put yourself in front of an animal. So hence, it depends on your faith.

i don't think faith has anything to do with this.. its whether or not the animal is innocent or not i reckon. what other reason would u have of killing an innocent animal?
paul_indo
southy wrote:
Christianity teaches us never to put yourself in front of an animal.

It does?

Could you tell me the scriptures that teach this, I don't recall them.
mialynavahy
oh no, poor dogs, they dont diserve that Confused
Kelvin
man why would anyone want to shoot at animals for fun anyway? How would they like it if they were shot at for fun. It's not like the dogs are a bunch of suicide bomber dogs or acting aggessive.
suntzu3500
NuniPio wrote:
Insanity wrote:
riyadh wrote:

I'm Muslim, n i felt the same way u feel when people start saying Muslims are terrorists.

i honestly wont have a clue why they would go around shooting these dogs, they may have attacked the troops or something, i know in many cases where dogs have been killed for attacking people. but who knows? I'm certainly not going to jump to any conclusions, without seeing both sides.

The vast majority of Muslims are good, kind, generous people, just like the vast majority of US troops. It's a small minority that get all the bad publicity, for both.
starfish2007
well U.S. soldiers have not bin doing a good job at all what with abusing people and now this and leting so many italian news reperters get kidnaped and not doanything to stop it from happeningssomuch.
LimpFish
I would think that the reason they shot the dogs was not for fun, but because they were a health issue. I have friends in the military who have been down there, and they have many times been forced to shoot dogs, because they walk around and carry lots of diseases. I would think this is the case here too, although it doesnt have to be...
NuniPio
LimpFish wrote:
I would think that the reason they shot the dogs was not for fun, but because they were a health issue. I have friends in the military who have been down there, and they have many times been forced to shoot dogs, because they walk around and carry lots of diseases. I would think this is the case here too, although it doesnt have to be...

yes they do kill the dogs, but they're tortured before they die
mikeINaust
US troops( alot, not all) really need to be educated in the ways of the world.

They really have no idea what is appropriate and what isn't.
mOrpheuS
Come on! The troops are only killings dogs (possibly, for no apparent reason) here.

Didn't we have bigger culprits in that respect ? Whatever happened to politicians ? Razz
Moonspider
mikeINaust wrote:
US troops( alot, not all) really need to be educated in the ways of the world.

They really have no idea what is appropriate and what isn't.

I'll have to disagree with you here. Despite the well publicized incidents of criminal behavior of a few U.S. troops, the fact remains that U.S. military personnel are legally held to a higher moral standard than civilians.

Respectfully,
M
greenwoodmonkey
I personally think the soldiers here are deplorable human beings.

I am not in any way saying they are typical example of how a US Soldier behaves in Iraq, but what a pi$$ poor example they are setting...

They should be found and put to trial for this.

I am not an animal right activist, human rights or anything else, I just think that the way these "Men"????? have treated an animal is disgusting and they should be punished for it
defnet
southy wrote:
Christianity teaches us never to put yourself in front of an animal.
Razz And I learned and studied that from all being God made us special:P. God teaches us never to put ourselves before other people and treat them like we want to be treated. He further commanded that we could eat the animals that he created for us -- which means KILLING animals is ok
BUT >>(the fineprint)
God also said that we are to be good and responsible caretakers of earth and all that is on it which means we could only kill animals if we needed to (so for food or for clothing).

SO MY CONCLUSION IS: The few soldiers killing the dogs would be a irresponsible and foolish deed because that does not reflect "being a good caretaker" neither was it a necessity (unless the dogs were sick, eating is not a option because we all know that dogmeat is not a common dish in the US Razz)

Killing dogs for food like some asians do is perfectly fine BUT here comes the other thing...

THROUGHOUT HISTORY man has considered dogs as his BEST FRIEND, this could cause problems because some people find it quite disturbing that some asians eats dogs. BUT if history had wound up in such a way that the chicken was a man's best friend would we hesitate to eat em? Razz.

POINT IS: DONT FORGET: MEAT IS MEAT, even if your fond of that specific animal. But they aint $#!7 either so don't treat em like it, because you would treat your food like that would you

BTW: I dont eat dogmeat
Bromine
That was really disturbing. I could understand shooting the animal if it is all ready dieing from a fatal wound. But those guys were shooting dogs that were not on the road dieing. Stuff like this gives the american troops a bad name. My cousin is a marine and one of the most respectable people I know. I would be angry if he was stereotyped because of the sickos.