FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Try this brilliant program for networking troubles

CrimsonStrange
Recently, I was trying to upgrade to a wireless broadband card for my desktop PC, without success.
And after trying to get everything back to the way it was previously, I discovered that I was no longer able to access a shared dial-up internet connection from one of my networked computers.
Each computer could browse each other just fine, but the internet connection was off-limits, no matter what I tried.
After reading page after page of unhelpful "Help" files and scouring the internet for anything that might help me (to no avail), I came across this:

AnalogX Proxy version 4.14

This has to be the coolest program I've ever been rescued by!

It's freeware, is only 269k big, runs on all versions of Windows, and can easily be run at startup just by creating a shortcut to it on the desktop, then moving that shortcut to your Start--->Programs--->Startup folder.

Arrow ATTENTION - Be sure to read the "proxy" help text file that pops up when you install it.
You'll need that info to know how to configure your network connections & some of your basic internet-capable programs to work with the proxy settings.

Idea Also, be sure to browse around the rest of the AnalogX website - they offer lots of excellent freeware programs for download! Wink
cheeta
Thank you for the share.... let me try it and i would post back my review about it Smile
blueray
Thanks for sharing your experience. But this app is lack of a little function - UDP socks. If it supports this also, then should be best free proxy server app.
CrimsonStrange
Idea Take a look here, blueray - 3Proxy Tiny Free Proxy Server

Arrow And if that's not what you need, you can always do a search for it...
badai
starting from windows 98, you can just go to your internet connection properties and click the "allow other network users..." in the advanced tab, under "internet connection sharing".

the rest of the computera should set to use dhcp.