FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How many people use Adsense under age 18?

Relnar
I just wondered, because I KNOW that's against their TOS, but still... I'm sure some people do...
Hobbit
I use it under my parent's name. They are okay with it, I even emailed them to make sure. As long as it's under an adult's name.

They don't check your age actually, so if you're 13 you could still use it and get paid. The problem is taxes!
odin
Ye i do the same thing, and you dont have to wory about taxes if you dont live in the us or if you dont do anything in the us then there is no problem with taxes.
Ratman2050
I started Adsense when I was 14.

Wait, I don't have to pay taxes!?!

Yeah!!
undoweb
I started my google adsense account at 16. Now I am 17 but the adsense check comes to my momes name.
Ratman2050
So I have to change my name to my parents name? Is that a must, or can I just keep it to my name?
Scorpio
Ratman2050 wrote:
So I have to change my name to my parents name? Is that a must, or can I just keep it to my name?

Do you have a bank account in your name anyway? These checks can't probably be cashed in by people other than those who own a bank account..

And in many parts of the world, having a bank account of your own requires that you be 18 or older.. So you might have trouble encashing the check.

It is always safer to have it in your parents name till you are 18. I did the same thing and then I transferred it to my name then.. One email to their support team would do..
lerian
Yes, you should use your parents or big sister/brother name if you are under age. However, on certain countries you don't pay any taxes for your online income, including adsense. So you can always use your name and use fake age, just type you're 19 old and you'll be OK. The problems perhaps on cashing your adsense check. If you have a bank account under your name, then you'll be all right.

PS: I don't say you can fake your details, it's illegal perhaps. I just said the real situation.
aningbo
i had it in my name when i registered and i was underage then... now that i'm 18, i'm legal but i still have a long way to go to get the money generated. i'm around $30 ony after yrs.... lolz
andy26
Im 17 but i am not signing the tax form thing till im 18 so when i get my 1st check i should be 18 the rate things are going probably i will be 19 by the time i get my first check aslo i live out side the us e.t.c so i dont have to pay the tax iver woot.
warallthetm
You know can sign the check off to your parents and they cash it in for you