FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

NEWBIE QUESTION: How do I upload my site T__T???

ren_sierra
I have a running simple application program using PHP with and dbase using My SQL may I ask a step-by-step guide as to how I can upload this program?
wumingsden
It would be helpful if you tell us what kind of software it is.

You usually have to upload the files in the public_html directory and visit the location in the broswer. If it does use a db then you should create one in the DA control panel and then execute the SQL queries given (some software, especially the well known ones, have an automatic installation whereby just visiting the location ini your broswer and completing a few steps will install the db queries you need.
ren_sierra
Thank you for your help and sorry if the question seems stupid but... How do I upload it in the public_html. Its my first time uploading a site and I have no idea what programs to use nor how to use them ^^;;
wumingsden
ren_sierra wrote:
Thank you for your help and sorry if the question seems stupid but... How do I upload it in the public_html. Its my first time uploading a site and I have no idea what programs to use nor how to use them ^^;;

Upload via an Ftp Program or use your DA upload feature ....

www.yourdomain.frih.net:2222/HTM_FILE_UPLOAD?path=/domains/yourdomain.frih.net/public_html
swizzy
1. use filezilla (http://filezilla.sourceforge.net)
enter the ftp details you recieved in the confirmation email then you will log on to the server, open public_html and drag drop your files onto the server. you will need atleast a index.html file

to download filezilla, go to the address given above. navigate to downloads page. click on filezilla client download the respective file for you OS.

2. Use Directadmin
go to your cpanel address (again confirm that from the email you recieved) click on file manager. navigate to public_html. click on upload files

3. use online FTP
use a website like net2ftp to enter ftp details and then upload your files.