FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

A ShoutBox

Should we or shouldn't we have a shoutbox?
Yes DEFFINETLY!!
100%
 100%  [ 1 ]
No... the sites fine as it is...
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
maybe... maybe not...
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1

dontbeblocked
Over time I have found that alot of very good communities have shoutboxs in there forums. Shoutboxs are like chat except not full of spam and don't take time to load. If this site had a shoutbox I think it would incourage people to be more active and double as a quick help search if needed. People would be able to share sources, links, and other things that wouldn't be long enough or important enough to post as an entire post. This would lower the amount of spam in the forums from people asking a simple question anyone else could answer to a single link that someone needed but not worth posting about.

Shoutboxs are also free though for a small amount of money you can get a better one. Here is one site I have found very nice that is free:
http://www.shoutmix.com/

For a little more money you can upgrade the shoutbox which somehow makes it better but I don't think its totally necessary.

Also you can put a link up at the top next to the "Home Forms Rules Etc." there brings up a popup of the shoutbox rather than taking up space on the page or to keep it as active impossible you can go ahead and imbed it into the main page somewhere near the top.
mathiaus
Don't bother reading the stickies or anything titled in capitals now. I mean, they can't be important can they?

-close-