FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Recommended sources on history of northern California?

scrub
This is a long shot, but I thought I'd ask...I'm trying to learn about the history and modern-day culture of very northern California, in the Humboldt/Trinity/Siskiyou county region. I've read In the Land of the Grasshopper Song, and River of Renewal: Myth And History in the Klamath Basin. I've also read In Timber Country, which is more about southern Oregon but might have some relevance to northern California.

Does anyone have any other pointers? There's a good bibliography in the back of River of Renewal that I'll be following up on, but thought I'd check here in case anyone had direct knowledge of any other good resources.

Thanks!
vw_bugg
Did you happen to check the library?
I know it is old fashion in our infinate digitalism, but your librarian might be able to point you to something that would help.
scrub
Hi vw_bugg,

Thanks for the idea of asking a librarian...I got the books I have read about the region from the library, and have spent some time poking through book shelves of different relevant sections of the library, but haven't talked to any of the librarians yet. I'll see if they can be of any extra help.

Thanks for the tip!

Scrub
vw_bugg
scrub wrote:
Hi vw_bugg,

Thanks for the idea of asking a librarian...I got the books I have read about the region from the library, and have spent some time poking through book shelves of different relevant sections of the library, but haven't talked to any of the librarians yet. I'll see if they can be of any extra help.

Thanks for the tip!

Scrub

Most librarians i have talked to when doing research are very competant and are very willing to help you out. The have acess to mountains of information you would never even think about. And they usually know quite a bit.

Let me know how that works out. I live in central Cali or i would offer to help you.