FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

my funny town's crime log

Dwyer17
Every day I look at the crime log of my city of St. Cloud, MN. People here do some crazy stuff or call the police for absolutly rediculous things. Just wanted to share.
Quote:

Police received a complaint at 3:26 p.m. Tuesday of boys playing with a toilet in the parking lot of Sauk Rapids-Rice High School, 1835 Osauka Road NE. An officer told them to pick it up and put it back in their pickup.

A man called police at 3:50 p.m. Tuesday about a lost bike. The man was riding while intoxicated and somehow arrived at St. Cloud Hospital, but he did not know where his yellow bike was.

Police received three reports of vandalism March 13 in which the rear windows of vehicles were broken overnight. The first happened in the 1300 block of Fourth Avenue North, a second was reported in the 900 block of Fourth Avenue North and the third incident was reported in the 200 block of 10th Street North.

Police arrested a 32-year-old St. Cloud man after a complaint about a stolen van and money.

St. Cloud police are investigating an incident early this morning that sent one man to the hospital with stab wounds and another with cuts to his fingers.

A resident reported at 1 p.m. March 13 that fence post caps were removed and thrown into the homeowner’s yard in the 400 block of 15th Street North.
rheanna
sounds like me. lol I called the sheriffs to break up a kiddie fight. They were making too much of a ruckus. Plus they were blocking traffic. This is why kids should never play in the road. Then they wonder why their kids get hit by cars. I got no sympathy. That's why parks , backyards and driveways were created.
odinstag
I can't believe you would call cops on kids for being kids.

WTF? What a waste of resources. Bet you would feel real good if that cop could have saved someone from a real crime in that time spent on stupid kid stuff.

What the hell is my homeland coming to? Damn Police State and People that are lemming enough to accept it because they are inconvenienced.
rheanna
they were blocking traffic and everyone wanted to get there drivways...Now if they had the fight somewhere other then the road no one would of called the cops. I wasn't the only one another guy called the cops too.

Besides may be kids being kids , but with kids theses days and the high school shootings they been having , I'm not going chance having a kid get hurt. Looked like a fight between a girl and guy but who says one didn't have a knife or a gun on them. A guy shouldn't be hitting a girl.
ninjakannon
rheanna wrote:
they were blocking traffic and everyone wanted to get there drivways...Now if they had the fight somewhere other then the road no one would of called the cops. I wasn't the only one another guy called the cops too.

I think this can be classed as a Public Disturbance, which someone can be arrested for (if the case is severe enough). Usually though, the police will just move people on or break up little quibbles like this.
HoboPelican
Dwyer17 wrote:
Every day I look at the crime log of my city of St. Cloud, MN. People here do some crazy stuff or call the police for absolutly rediculous things. Just wanted to share...

LOL...Were those all from the same day?! If so, your city rocks!
Dwyer17
yea ha, all from the same day.

There was much more than that too, I just posted a few.

Here are two from today that I thought were sort of a waste of time.

Police have increased patrol near Oak Grove Road Southwest and 18th Street South after a resident called to complain about vehicles driving too fast in the area.

A suspicious vehicle was reported at 9:09 p.m. Tuesday in the 2500 block of Clearwater Road. A vehicle was parked in a parking lot for more than an hour with a dome light on. Police spoke to the two people inside, who said they were just talking. The officer told them it was time to go home, which they did.
rheanna
Dwyer17 wrote:

A suspicious vehicle was reported at 9:09 p.m. Tuesday in the 2500 block of Clearwater Road. A vehicle was parked in a parking lot for more than an hour with a dome light on. Police spoke to the two people inside, who said they were just talking. The officer told them it was time to go home, which they did.

right, just talking.. Probably planning a hit. lol Laughing
Dwyer17
Quote:
Police were called at 6:45 p.m. March 17 to the 400 block of Cedarwood Court after a group of kids shot at a model plane with a BB gun. A resident said he was flying the plane near a swamp when the kids started shooting. Police spoke with one child's parent, who was unaware of what they were doing. The parent said he would take the gun away. The officer told him that it is illegal to shoot any type of gun in city limits and the parent said it wouldn't happen again.

Suspicious activity was reported at 1:41 a.m. Sunday in the 1000 block of Sunwood Park Lane. A resident said someone was tapping on his window. Police searched the area but could not find anything suspicious.

St. Cloud police cited 20 people for underage drinking early Friday at an apartment on Sixth Avenue South.

A 22-year-old St. Cloud man suspected of breaking the windows of a residence early this morning was arrested near the 600 block of Riverside Drive Northeast.

Investigators seized a total of 53 pounds of marijuana during an investigation today, worth $85,000.

I especially like the last one.[/quote]
zichlone
A man who stole a cigarette lighter from a gas station early Wednesday when he was told he could not purchase alcohol so early in the morning because of a city law, gave chase to police, crashed a vehicle and injured two officers attempting to arrest him for the theft.

The guy was then tasered by the officers when he tried to resist arrest ended up getting his ass kicked and a $15,000 bond
rheanna
zichlone wrote:
A man who stole a cigarette lighter from a gas station early Wednesday when he was told he could not purchase alcohol so early in the morning because of a city law, gave chase to police, crashed a vehicle and injured two officers attempting to arrest him for the theft.

The guy was then tasered by the officers when he tried to resist arrest ended up getting his ass kicked and a $15,000 bond

gee over a $1 Rolling Eyes I don't know whose moronic...If I was the officer I would of just gave the person the dollar for the lighter.
ninjakannon
rheanna wrote:
gee over a $1 Rolling Eyes I don't know whose moronic...If I was the officer I would of just gave the person the dollar for the lighter.

Yeah, exactly. Things are so messed up these days that even small things like that turn into huge events. I really don't like the way the 'blame culture' is taking society; you have to find out who's responsible for everything and then take the appropriate action even when it's totally unnecessary. It would cost the police force less if they just gave the shop keeper a dollar and let it go. Unless they often get $15,000 for things like that - in which case it pays for itself, although I still don't agree with it.
PatTheGreat42
This is only tangentially related, having to do with small towns and whatnot, but I think you'll find this funny.

In my dad's home town of Waturbury, Connecticut, there was a small and quaint firehouse. You know the deal. Small town, it's picturesque, good times.

It's not there anymore.

Why?

'Cause one day when the firemen were out on a call, their firehouse burned down.

I'm no expert on the human condition, but that has to be embarrasing.
OutlawSpirit
haha.. that is some strange reasons 2 call the cops for.. over here, i guess people call the police for no reason alos... calin police over fights? thats ridicoulous... callin police for a kids havin fun... thast redicolous 2... its a waste of police time... mind u, police dont mind wastin there time.. means they dont have 2 deal with the real crimes... its like that in the UK no doubt!
hlavco
PatTheGreat42 wrote:
This is only tangentially related, having to do with small towns and whatnot, but I think you'll find this funny.

In my dad's home town of Waturbury, Connecticut, there was a small and quaint firehouse. You know the deal. Small town, it's picturesque, good times.

It's not there anymore.

Why?

'Cause one day when the firemen were out on a call, their firehouse burned down.

I'm no expert on the human condition, but that has to be embarrasing.

My parents' hometown fire station has burned to the ground twice. Took 'em awhile to invest in bricks instead of wood.

Recently in my grandparents' town, a dazzling new firehouse was built. Unfortunately, the garage was too small for the trucks, and the whole thing had to be torn down.
rhathar
I really can't believe people sometimes. We live in an age where everything we do is watched and criticized. Theoretical results are used as excuses to take away freedoms so we can "protect" eachother.

It's no wonder that kids will take advantage of the smallest freedom and abuse it - it's the only thing they got left!
Dwyer17
Sorry, I've got some more crime log from today that I want to post haha.
Quote:

Police received a report of a trash bin fire at 11:56 a.m. Friday in the 1000 block of Industrial Drive South. Police believe the fire was set sometime in the evening hours Thursday. There are no suspects.

A resident reported at 10:54 p.m. Friday that someone threw something at her vehicle while she was driving at Ninth Avenue and 11½ Street North. The object hit her roof and then the hood of her vehicle, causing damage. Police have no suspects.

Police received a trash bin fire report at 3:53 a.m. Saturday in the 300 block of Fourth Street South. The officer put the fire out with a fire extinguisher. The fire department also responded and cooled down the trash bin with water.

Another trash bin fire was reported at 4:19 a.m. Saturday in the 800 block of Industrial Drive South. The fire damaged a building, the trash bin and a company truck. The fire department put the fire out.

Someone threw a basketball at a large window about 4 a.m. Saturday in the 1200 block of Broadway Avenue South. A resident reported hearing two people run to a parked vehicle after the window broke.

St. Cloud police arrested a St. Cloud man who was wanted in connection with a domestic assault reported March 18.

Two men were arrested and another man was ticketed after a fight early Monday outside of a bar in downtown St. Cloud.

LONG PRAIRIE — A rural Long Prairie man was rescued after spending the night in his septic tank, the Todd County Sheriff’s office said.
myforrum
wow thats really absurded. calling cops for stupid stuff like that. i consider things like that as prank calls. so what if a man was driving drunk on his bike. police got to worry bout big things...
ninjakannon
myforrum wrote:
wow thats really absurded. calling cops for stupid stuff like that. i consider things like that as prank calls. so what if a man was driving drunk on his bike. police got to worry bout big things...

But there aren't actually that many "big" things. If the police only focused on the big things then they wouldn't have that much to do most of the time.
Also, things like that are not prank calls. A prank call to the police is a call wherein someone either states a false scenario, which wastes police time, or if someone just calls up and wastes the time of the person answering the phone in some way. They are real calls about less important (or smaller, as you might put).

I'm actually quite glad that the police are called about crimes like these. If they weren't, or didn't respond to, these incidents then people would think that they could get away with more (and indeed they would be able to) and therefore would commit greater crimes. As it is people realise that the police are likely to be called, this is enough of a deterrent for some people and it reduces the number of 'small' crimes. It's not always necessary to even try to find the culprit, so long as the police are notified. You don't always have to blame someone for everything - crime happens; live with it, try and reduce it, steer clear of it and don't do it yourself.

I'd like to get a police officers viewpoint on the smaller incidents. Obviously there are better things police could do with their time, but do they actually waste that much time on the smaller incidents?
Dwyer17
Quote:
A resident called police at 3:46 a.m. Sunday for a large fight at an apartment in the 1500 block of Second Avenue North. Officers found three women at the apartment and everything was OK.

Police found a large bra next to a vehicle at 8:25 a.m. Sunday in a parking lot in the 300 block of North Benton Drive after someone called police to report clothing by the vehicle. The vehicle was locked and unoccupied.

Police received a report at 11:54 a.m. Sunday of kids skating on a property at Second Avenue and 10th Street North. The kids were gone when police arrived but when they were checking the area the next-door neighbor came over. The neighbor said he is friends with the property owner and it is OK for the kids to skate there.

A suspicious vehicle was reported at 3:30 p.m. Monday in the 1600 block of Summit Avenue North. A white van with no windows was going up and down the street several times. Police checked the area and were unable to locate it.

Unruly juveniles were reported at 7:29 p.m. Monday in the parking lot of Pleasantview Elementary School, 1009 Sixth Ave. N. The juveniles were on skateboards. Police found six juveniles at the school and everything was OK.

Dwyer17
This will be my last one

Quote:
An officer on patrol found a man trying to get into a garage at 12:45 a.m. March 19 in the 500 block of 10th Avenue South. The man said he was trying to get into his sister's garage, but could not remember the code. The officer could not verify the story, so he asked the man to leave.

Police received a report of suspicious activity at 5:40 p.m. March 19 on 15th Avenue North. Police spoke with a man and a woman at a house who were arguing. They were fighting over what to have for supper. The officer told them to keep it down and that the man should leave.

A resident called police at 5 p.m. March 23 to report a man watching kids play on a playground at St. Joseph school. The resident gave police the license plate number on the vehicle. Officers located the driver, who is a priest at the school. The man said he was watching the children because they should have been picked up by their parents by then.

Police received a report of suspicious activity at 12:40 a.m. Sunday in the 200 block of Sixth Avenue South. A resident called to report two people in the alley with a flashlight. Police found two men, who said they lived in the house before a fire destroyed it. Officers told the men to return at a better time of day.