FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Crystal Pepsi?

If brought back will you buy it ?
Yes
31%
 31%  [ 15 ]
No
8%
 8%  [ 4 ]
What is Crystal Pepsi?
59%
 59%  [ 28 ]
Total Votes : 47

glenn83e

Most of us remember the refreshing taste that hit stores back in 1992 but many others do not. However Roumer has it that Crystal Pepsi will be making a return in the summer of 07. But nobody knows for sure.

I myself enjoyed it, however many of the pepsi fan base did not. It is also a known fact that when it was first released it flopped, due to the fact that you can not find any information about the product on pepsi's website.

Also whatever happened to Pepsi Blue? I haven't seen it since I drank it non stop back in my college days, and that was only 4 years ago.

But back to the main topic of discussion. I believe that if pepsi were to re-release crystal pepsi it will do better this time than it did last time.
Zyphrius
Crystal Pepsi?????

Pepsi Blue???????

I have never heard of these, and I may be the only person to admit that I have not heard of it.

But it's true I never heard of it.

But of course I have never been a big fan of Pepsi.

I am a rootbeer guy. I love rootbeer, I could drink rootbeer all day long every day.

LOL

just kidding.

But I do enjoy my rootbeer, so I never payed Pepsi or Coke for that matter any attention, they just do not taste as good.

In fact Pepsi and Coke taste very similar, ther is a difference but they are very similar, and please tell me..

Why do Pepsi and Coke have to advertise so much???

I mean do they think they will make a hardcore Pepsi or Cke Fan question, "Is there another way?"

LOL
GSIS
Never heard of Crystal Pepsi or Pepsi Blue.

Were they only available in the US? Did I somehow miss them in the UK?
Holy
lol Rumor has it? Hahaha! It's a drink, how can rumors start about that? Laughing
Captain Fertile
I dont think these were available here in the UK or I would have probably seen them.

I think altering the colour affects the taste, even though the ingredients may be identicle your body's perception of the taste will change. Cola is brown, your brain sees clear and registers it as something different.

It was like when Walkers swapped Salt and Vinegar crisps from the traditional blue packet to the green packet (usually cheese and onion) the flavour seemed to change slightly at the beggining.

Also Hienz green tomato ketchup tastes different although that might actually tatse different due to the huge amounts of atomic green colouring in it. Shocked

I'm not scientist just my opinion.
Daisie
Same here, never heard of either... It was probably only released in the US.
In any case I m a cocacola drinker, I dont really like pepsi...
glenn83e
Daisie wrote:
Same here, never heard of either... It was probably only released in the US.
In any case I m a cocacola drinker, I dont really like pepsi...

Nope was released in candada too back in 1992-1993
Duncan Idaho
I liked the Blue Pepsi; unfortunantly, I only had it once, but my tongue was blue for a long time after that. Plus that and it tasted good too. (It did; however, taste better since I hadn't drank anything for about 6 hours straight.)

Edit: I do like either Coke or Pepsi myself, and here is the difference:
Coke:Has a more syrupy sweet taste, sort of thick too.
Pepsi:Has a more crisper taste, lighter and more carbonated.
alexdude
I've never heard of that ever before! Does it taste the same as the one we have today.
Captain Fertile
Duncan Idaho wrote:

Edit: I do like either Coke or Pepsi myself, and here is the difference:
Coke:Has a more syrupy sweet taste, sort of thick too.
Pepsi:Has a more crisper taste, lighter and more carbonated.

I had never thought to try and describe the difference before but I agree with your description 100%.

Its a very good description for something very difficult to describe but this description is spot on. I understand exactly what you mean.
soulman
if it taste same, it's pretty and I will often buy it~
Xzmk07
never had it.. i remember pepsi blue i liked it.. where did it go?
Droop
Why would you wanna drink that stuff, it's soo bad for you!!! -happy posting
tribe
I for one don't care if it's Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Wild Cherry Pepsi, Pepsi Clear, Pepsi Blue, or Pepsi shoved up your ass; I hate all Pepsi products in general.

The area I grew up is a predominately Coke region, with 90% of the restaurants serving Coke Products.

I just think Pepsi has a bitter taste, which I do not care for!
ashen
Crystal?
I never see that, how is the taste?
scotty
I absolutely loved pepsi blue, it was in australia about 4 years ago aswell and I loved it. I don't think it really took off though because it was about the time where people started to worry about what they consumed and something that is blue is quite obviously not natural.

Pepsi crystal is a whole different ball park thouhg, I have never ever heard of it! Is it just like Pepsi's answer to lemodade? Is it the same?
Srs2388
I remember it Razz I would buy it...
I remember the commercial with the van halen song right now
Captain Fertile
Zyphrius wrote:

I am a rootbeer guy. I love rootbeer, I could drink rootbeer all day long every day.

Me too, sadly I live in the UK root beer here is as rare as hens teeth. And usually the brands I can find, if any are very inferior to the real US stuff.
meet in rio
Never heard of it in my life. I probably would buy a bottle, though---just to taste it. I bought the vanilla/lime/lemon/cherry etc. cokes when they came out.
theem
hahah Laughing What is Crystal Pepsi ?

I've neva heard about it .... ? Idea
hofodomo01
well, wikipedia has some good information about the pepsis that was never to be...

apparently, people thought crystal pepsi tasted to...citrusy...

Quote:
sadly I live in the UK root beer here is as rare as hens teeth

but then again, what do us american residents do when we want some irn-bru? Crying or Very sad
Captain Fertile
hofodomo01 wrote:

but then again, what do us american residents do when we want some irn-bru? Crying or Very sad

Very good point my freind, I never thought of that but I would gladly replace Irn Bru with Root Beer any day of the week and twice on Sundays, although that might just be because it is so plentiful here I don't bother with it.

Maybe if the roles were reversed I would be crying out for Irn Bru instead and bemoaning root beer, but I doubt it. Smile

Maybe I could have added soda to the Kandy X-Change, problem is liquid is so heavy postage would have made Irn Bru more expensive than Heroin!!! Crying or Very sad
hypeserver
I've never heard of Crystal Pepsi however I remember Pepsi Blue I used to love that stuff when I was younger. They stopped selling it in my area maybe Pepsi stopped selling it.
Seiji
I've also never heard of Crystal Pepsi. I remember Pepsi Blue though. I looked it on wikipedia and saw that it was still available in some countries.
hypeserver
Seiji wrote:
I've also never heard of Crystal Pepsi. I remember Pepsi Blue though. I looked it on wikipedia and saw that it was still available in some countries.

Some countries so does that mean they sell it in the U.S.?
dontbeblocked
i was born in 1992.... so i dont remember that... but i loved the pepsi blue and any pop.... so i vote yes
Psycho_X52
I remember just the coverage of Pepsi Crystal....Sad

I drank Pepsi Blue, but it was the worst cola I've ever drunk. It tastes like it normal Pepsi but with oil or grease.

The best Pepsi version for me was Lemon Twist.
CyanEyed
ive heard of crystal pepsi, but im not old enough to remember its failed launch.

this is where i heard of it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crystal_Pepsi
which by the looks of it, is where u got your info from Wink
Tuxy
Never heard of it, and I probably don't even care if its USA only. Why bother about a drink nobody liked (failed launch?!)
bongoman
I would try it at least once at least for the novelty factor, but I doubt people really care what colour pepsi is.
Josso
Crystal pepsi sounds extremely interesting but I doubt we will ever see it in the UK - maybe Ebay is the answer, I've seen some usually unavailible energy drinks on Ebay shipping from America. What was crystal pepsi like?

(Interestingly enough, just reading a Wikipedia article about crystal pepsi and I'm surprised it's allowed to make a return, the healthy eating/drinking thing is much bigger these days)
R2.DETARD
The Podcaster Patrick Melton, off "Nobody likes onions" bought an old bottle of Crystal pepsi off ebay for something like $35, he said it tasted a little different, but still good.
So if you are DESPERATE you could always turn to ebay...
NuniPio
i remember pepsi blue but never heard of crystal pepsi, was it released in australia?
Rico
I’m sitting at a computer and writing a reply on a post about carbonated-sugar-water. My! Water with sugar and bubbles tastes nice. Blue, black (dark brown) or clear – I say bring it on old chap – I’ll have a six pack of the blue stuff.
R2.DETARD
Crystal pepsi wasn't released in NSW as far as I know.
I remember Pepsi Blue being at KFC one time though.
OutlawSpirit
never heard of pepsi crystal... strange... maybe im 2 young... pepsi blue? sound strange 2 me... would try em tho
kingkong
Great! If I got chances, I'll buy and keep it at home. Hope it tasty
Soulfire
I would DEFINATELY drink it! I was only 2 years old during the Crystal Pepsi reign, but I would definately like it back.

As for Pepsi Blue, I was hooked! My dad used to work for Pepsi, and I got to try all of the new products a couple of months in advance of their release, and I was hooked on Pepsi Blue... but it flopped. Almost nobody liked it. On the upside, my dad brought home MANY MANY MANY cases of it after it was removed from the shelves.

I also feel it fit to say that after Code Red, the whole Mountain Dew craze hasn't worked very much.
ItsWesley
I've never tried pepsi crystal, I was only like 3 at that time, but it sounds like a great drink. I like both pepsi and pepsi max so I'm sure I would have given crystal a try, its just a shame it flopped so badly.
Donutey
I wish it would come back so I could understand the cultural references to crystal pepsi...
erlendhg
Zyphrius wrote:
I have never heard of these, and I may be the only person to admit that I have not heard of it.

But it's true I never heard of it.

Haha. Me neither. But in 1992 I was a very, very little boy.
...and I am living in Norway Razz

--EDIT--
Read a bit about it on the Internet (in Norwegian).
It said that it was a failure project in the competition between Coca-Cola and Pepsi; "revolutionary news: Clear soda that tastes Cola" Confused

It also said that it tasted quite awful Razz
jongoldsz
glenn83e wrote:

Most of us remember the refreshing taste that hit stores back in 1992 but many others do not. However Roumer has it that Crystal Pepsi will be making a return in the summer of 07. But nobody knows for sure...Also whatever happened to Pepsi Blue? I haven't seen it since I drank it non stop back in my college days, and that was only 4 years ago.

Pepsi is having a hard time keeping up with Coke Cola. I don't see why they will bring back Crystal Pepsi, if Siera Mist is doing well.
funnyerror
I have never heard of either of these drinks, buy I hope they are brought back so i can try them.

-FE
SmartIcon
Hey, In have not heard about crystal pepsi. Well I know pepsi blue. Well this is also not in market. If any will launch once again, I will buy, not more.
glenn83e
Here is a little history of pepsi... I did some research and hope you like what I have found Very Happy

Quote:

Colas
Crystal Pepsi: Discontinued clear version of cola; introduced in 1992 and sold until 1993.

Crystal by Pepsi: Discontinued (non-cola) citrus flavored reformulation of

Crystal Pepsi.

Pepsi: PepsiCo's signature cola flavor.

Pepsi A-ha: Lemon flavored Pepsi sold in India.

Pepsi AM: Contains more caffeine than a regular Pepsi and marketed as a morning drink. No longer produced.

Pepsi Blue: A blue colored fruity soda (non-cola). Given a huge marketing push, often considered a major flop comparable to New Coke. No longer produced.

Pepsi Boom: A Caffeine-Free Pepsi only sold in Italy and Spain

Pepsi Carnival: A tropical fruit flavored Pepsi available in Japan for a limited time that debuted in summer 2006.

Pepsi Clear: Clear soda released in Mexico as a limited edition during Christmas 2005, the Mexican equivalent of Crystal Pepsi

Pepsi Fire: a limited edition, cinnamon flavored variety which is sold in Guam, Saipan, Thailand, Mexico, Malaysia, Singapore and the Philippines. See also the Pepsi Max cinnamon edition for Christmas 2006.

Pepsi Free introduced in 1982 by PepsiCo as the first major-brand caffeine-free cola and is today sold as Caffeine-Free Pepsi and Caffeine-Free Diet Pepsi.

Pepsi Gold: Limited edition gold colored variant as part of a 2006 FIFA World Cup and ICC Cricket World Cup 2007 promotion.

Pepsi Gold: Limited edition gold colored variant only sold in Japan (not a part of the FIFA World Cup).

Pepsi Holiday Spice: a limited edition variety which the company began selling November 1, 2004 in the U.S.A. and Canada for an eight-week period (it has not been sold since). It is flavored with a seasonal finish of ginger and cinnamon, somewhat similar to the Swedish Julmust.

Pepsi Ice Pepsi with an icy mint flavor. Sold in Guam, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore and the Philippines.

Pepsi Lime: with lime flavor added, introduced onto the market in the spring of 2005.

Pepsi Limón: Pepsi with lime flavor released in Mexico in 2002, later returns as Pepsi Twist in 2004, no longer produced.

Pepsi Music Sold in Argentina

Pepsi NEX: A zero calorie Pepsi developed by Suntory and sold only in Japan[1]

Pepsi Raging Raspberry

Pepsi Razzleberry

Pepsi Red a red colored Pepsi from Japan developed by Suntory.

Pepsi Samba: A "Tropical Flavoured Cola" containing the flavours Mango & Tamarind, distributed in Australia. It was released in Australia in the 3rd Quarter of 2005 and was expected to be in production for a limited time only. It is Pepsi with a tropical taste of tamarind and mango. Many people did not like the taste. Recently many Australian supermarkets were clearing out their remaining stock at prices as low as 15 cents (2 litres).

Pepsi Si: The word si used in its Spanish context ("yes") and printed on cans. Used as a marketing gimmick in predominantly Hispanic areas.
Pepsi Strawberry Burst

Pepsi Tropical Chill

Pepsi Twist: a lemon flavored variety.

Pepsi Twistão Sold during summertime in Brazil, it's a Pepsi with a lemon flavor stronger than regular Pepsi Twist. "Twistão", in Portuguese, is the augmentative of "Twist".
Pepsi Vanilla: Released in the U.S. in 2003 as Pepsi's answer to Vanilla Coke. Contains vanilla extract as well as both natural and artificial flavors.

Pepsi Ice Cream in Russia
Pepsi Wild Cherry: a cherry flavored variety, introduced in 1988. Originally called "Wild Cherry Pepsi", its name was changed along with the formula in 2005.

Pepsi X Energy Cola: contains more caffeine than regular Pepsi, and also contains guaranine. Pepsi is the first major cola brand to have an energy drink line extension. The cola-based product has a unique flavor and a reddish tint. It is sold in several countries worldwide.

Coffee-related

Pepsi Cafechino: Pepsi with a touch of coffee only sold in India.

Pepsi Cappuccino: A cappuccino-flavored carbonated soft drink produced by Pepsico and currently marketed and sold in India, Eastern Europe, Mexico and some Central American countries. It has also been seen in other areas of Europe under different Pepsi Max nomenclature.

Pepsi Cino

Pepsi Kaffe: coffee flavored Pepsi sold in Hispanic countries.

Pepsi Kona: a short-lived product that was market tested in the Lehigh Valley and Philadelphia, Pennsylvania areas between 1994 and 1996. A mix of Pepsi-Cola and coffee, it is said to have tasted more like coffee than cola.

Pepsi Latté

Pepsi Cafe Da: Coffee flavored pepsi sold in Vietnam

Pepsi Max Cappucino: Only available in France, Finland, Norway, Ireland
and the UK.

Pepsi Max Coffee Cino Pepsi Max Cappucino variant currently being sold in the UK.

Diet-related

Diet Crystal Pepsi: Low-calorie version of Crystal Pepsi.

Diet Pepsi: Low-calorie version of Pepsi.

Diet Pepsi AM: Sugar-free version of Pepsi AM, and introduced in 1987. No longer produced.

Pepsi Edge: contains half the carbohydrates, calories and sugars of a normal Pepsi, and is flavored by Splenda. Introduced in 2004, and discontinued in 2005. It was featured on an episode of The Apprentice 2 in which teams had to design a prototype bottle.

Pepsi Avantage: the French name for Pepsi Edge, sold exclusively during 2005 in the province of Quebec.

Diet Pepsi Free (now known as Caffeine-Free Diet Pepsi)

Diet Pepsi Jazz a flavored colas only available in diet styles. Introduced in July 2006.

Black Cherry French Vanilla

Strawberries and Cream

Caramel Cream (introduced Feb. 2007)

Diet Pepsi Kona

Pepsi Light: Lemon-flavored Diet Pepsi sold in the 1970s and 1980s, also the name under which Diet Pepsi is distributed outside the English-speaking countries.

Pepsi Light: a diet flavored Pepsi sold in other countries besides the United States. Similar to Diet Pepsi. (not sold in 1970s or 1980s)

Diet Pepsi Light

Diet Pepsi Lime

Diet Pepsi Max To be launched in June 2007 in the United States.

Diet Pepsi with added Caffeine and Ginseng.

Pepsi Max Available outside the United States. Pepsi with no sugar.

Pepsi Max Cool Lemon

Pepsi Max Chill (flavored with apple)

Pepsi Max Citron Citron Vert (sold in France)

Pepsi Max Coffee Cino (UK - Pepsi Max with coffee)

Pepsi Max Gold (only available in Finland, Iceland, Norway and the UK)

Pepsi Max Punch (a dark red Pepsi cola with Cinnamon and Ginger -
limited edition in the UK market for Christmas 2005 - available
September to December)

Pepsi Max Twist

Pepsi ONE: An alternative to Diet Pepsi, with one calorie per serving.

Diet Pepsi Twist

Diet Pepsi Twistão (see above)

Diet Pepsi Vanilla

Diet Pepsi Wild Cherry Not widely available until 2005, when Wild Cherry

Pepsi was reformulated.

Pepsi XL another mid-calorie cola targeted at males, and transition consumers (those making the move from regular to diet colas).

Fictional varieties

Cokesi: a cola (presumably a cross between Coca-Cola and Pepsi) mentioned in James Kunetka and Whitley Streiber's novel Nature's End.

Marge Simpson's Homemade Pepsi: In an episode of The Simpsons named "Lard of the Dance," Marge makes Pepsi for Lisa's school dance that she calls "a little thick, but the price is right!"

Horse Pepsi: a cola made from horses which is mentioned in the Futurama episode "The Luck of the Fryrish," it is also the chief competitor of Horse Coke.

Pepsi B: a Pepsi made for babies in the episode "Eight Misbehavin'" of The Simpsons when Apu had eight children.

Pepsi Perfect: a vitamin-enriched cola sold in 2015 in the 1989 film Back to the Future Part II.

Parodies

Kelpsi: a soft drink that Patrick Star needs an ice cube for in the PC version of The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie video game.

Pepco: a soft drink advertised on a pink bench in the Fairly Odd Parents episode "Vicky Free Summer."

Peppi: A soft drink advertised by Michael Jordan in the middle of his product endorsement-laden Celebrity Deathmatch with Dennis Rodman.
Perpi: a drink that was stacked up and knocked over in a grocery store on Nickelodeon's Rugrats.

Popsi: a soft drink in an episode of the TV show Sabrina, the Teenage Witch. Perhaps a reference to Pop Tate, a soda counter server in the Archie Comics series on which the Sabrina TV show is based.

Pippu: a soft drink (presumably a cola) seen quite often in the anime Cowboy Bebop.

POOP: a cola sold in the futuristic world of the cartoon Invader Zim that, like Pepsi, has cherry-flavored and diet editions. There is also a POOP soda called "New Poop", an obvious pun on New Coke.

Poopsi: name of a cola and a candy company in the animated series Doug.

Mepsi Pax: in Conker's Bad Fur Day mentioned by Birdy.

Peek: A blue can highly resembling pepsi in the show Reboot. One of the characters, Slash, becomes a Peek can in a game while his best friend, Hack, becomes a Poke can (which is a parody of coke highly resembling it, too). Since the show is set in a computer world, Poke and Peek are also a reference to computer terms.

No I don't have a lot of time on my hands... I was at work and got bored lol
codelyokogirl
there is too many kinds of pepsi pops out there

regular
died
with lemon
diet with lemon
pepsi blue

now crystal
glenn83e
codelyokogirl wrote:
there is too many kinds of pepsi pops out there

regular
died
with lemon
diet with lemon
pepsi blue

now crystal

Crystal pepsi came out long before those my friend.
DandDer
never heared of it, but it looks good...however i doubt it will be able to take vanilla pepsi off of my favorite pop list though
cheh
hehe, i was affraid i'm in the minority which doesn't know Crystal Pepsi, but it turns out, the majority doesn't. Very Happy

therefore i can't give an answer if i would drink it, if it comes back in store, but since Pepsi is my favourite non-alcoholic beverage, i'd deffinetily try it! Cool
Heart Ticket
glenn83e wrote:

Most of us remember the refreshing taste that hit stores back in 1992 but many others do not. However Roumer has it that Crystal Pepsi will be making a return in the summer of 07. But nobody knows for sure.

I myself enjoyed it, however many of the pepsi fan base did not. It is also a known fact that when it was first released it flopped, due to the fact that you can not find any information about the product on pepsi's website.

Also whatever happened to Pepsi Blue? I haven't seen it since I drank it non stop back in my college days, and that was only 4 years ago.

But back to the main topic of discussion. I believe that if pepsi were to re-release crystal pepsi it will do better this time than it did last time.

Never heard of it... only ever heard of the famous drink Pepsi (origanal)
Sorry im no help... but one question how good was it???

James
PennyCopper
Aw man, Pepsi blue was nasty! I was pretty young when Crystal Pepsi hit, so I don't really remember it. Soda wasn't a staple in my house growing up.

It amuses me greatly how something like soda can have such a cult following. I have friends that have hoarded cases of Surge that coke put out a bunch of years ago, and treat them like coveted objects.

Then again...I'm pretty addicted to Vault (which is basically just updated surge) -- though you can't find it that much in NYC. I was in awe of the giant displays of it at the mega-walmarts when I was in Memphis over the summer.
Fake
I would try it. Marketing owns me Sad
scottycrip
I just wanted to be one of the people who replied with a "i do remember". So yes- I remember Crystal Pepsi, however, I do not remember what it tasted like. I know that I was easily fooled into liking something that probably didn't taste so good back then, so I bet I liked it. As for Pepsi Blue, I remember the name but never had it. And if they brought back Crystal Pepsi, chances are I'd try it, not like it, and stick with regular Pepsi which I love. Nothing better than an ice cold Pepsi. If I could only drink one kind of beverage for the rest of my life, it'd be regular Pepsi.
Teddy1
I would. Looks refreshing XD, I have never seen it before but it looks different =). Nowadays school's allow you to have water in class so you could disguise it =) as water XD. But have a really tasty refreshing drink of pepsi instead. Good disguise =).
Pilot
Yeah I would definetly like to see Crystal Pepsi come back for a season... recall what it tastes like, because I've forgotten. I never liked Pepsi Blue, but then I'm so addicted to regular Pepsi now that I would lick a puddle of it off the floor. Very Happy

You know another novel drink that I miss was Orbitz, made by the Clearly Canadian company. Candy floating in soda... TERRIFIC!
windrei
sorry, what is it..... i have never seen it.. it was not sold here in Hong Kong in 1992... what's the taste ? any differences with the original one ?

maybe it will sell soon, to fight with the coke zero...
greenwoodmonkey
Can I guess that this Pepsi Crystal was the same as Tab Clear that made it to the shelves in the UK in the mid 90's and was soon removed when everyone realised that despite pretty cool advertising and a catchy "Suddenly Everything's Clear!" The product was about as drinkable as toilet water...

I have never heard of Pepsi Blue (was it actually blue or just the can?) or Pepsi Crystal either, but I am guessing that a release in '07 may have a some Rap / Hip Hop sponsorship and maybe a slight (albeit cheeky) name change to Pepsi CRISTAL?? Only a thought...

Pepsi need to be mindful of these changes as consumers are fickle monkeys, they should take note of the "New Coke" vs "Coke Classic" debacle of the 90's that saw a massive drop in sales for the ribbon'd one.. some say that this was the biggest marketing success of all time (when they brought back Coke Classic to see even bigger sales) as well as the biggest flop (Who on earth would change COKE!) of all time...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Coke

Coke, Pepsi, Rola Cola, Tab, who cares... add it to Jack and its all the same.. and it all comes out as pi$$ anyway!
Guelila
GSIS wrote:
Never heard of Crystal Pepsi or Pepsi Blue.

Were they only available in the US? Did I somehow miss them in the UK?

hmmm
I think so, cause I have never heard nor seen it in 4 different countries.

I never really liked pepsi over coca-cola.. but that Crystal pepsi looks worth trying.
Guelila
glenn83e wrote:
Here is a little history of pepsi... I did some research and hope you like what I have found Very Happy

Quote:

Colas
Crystal Pepsi: Discontinued clear version of cola; introduced in 1992 and sold until 1993.

Crystal by Pepsi: Discontinued (non-cola) citrus flavored reformulation of

Crystal Pepsi.

Pepsi: PepsiCo's signature cola flavor.

Pepsi A-ha: Lemon flavored Pepsi sold in India.

Pepsi AM: Contains more caffeine than a regular Pepsi and marketed as a morning drink. No longer produced.

Pepsi Blue: A blue colored fruity soda (non-cola). Given a huge marketing push, often considered a major flop comparable to New Coke. No longer produced.

Pepsi Boom: A Caffeine-Free Pepsi only sold in Italy and Spain

Pepsi Carnival: A tropical fruit flavored Pepsi available in Japan for a limited time that debuted in summer 2006.

Pepsi Clear: Clear soda released in Mexico as a limited edition during Christmas 2005, the Mexican equivalent of Crystal Pepsi

Pepsi Fire: a limited edition, cinnamon flavored variety which is sold in Guam, Saipan, Thailand, Mexico, Malaysia, Singapore and the Philippines. See also the Pepsi Max cinnamon edition for Christmas 2006.

Pepsi Free introduced in 1982 by PepsiCo as the first major-brand caffeine-free cola and is today sold as Caffeine-Free Pepsi and Caffeine-Free Diet Pepsi.

Pepsi Gold: Limited edition gold colored variant as part of a 2006 FIFA World Cup and ICC Cricket World Cup 2007 promotion.

Pepsi Gold: Limited edition gold colored variant only sold in Japan (not a part of the FIFA World Cup).

Pepsi Holiday Spice: a limited edition variety which the company began selling November 1, 2004 in the U.S.A. and Canada for an eight-week period (it has not been sold since). It is flavored with a seasonal finish of ginger and cinnamon, somewhat similar to the Swedish Julmust.

Pepsi Ice Pepsi with an icy mint flavor. Sold in Guam, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore and the Philippines.

Pepsi Lime: with lime flavor added, introduced onto the market in the spring of 2005.

Pepsi Limón: Pepsi with lime flavor released in Mexico in 2002, later returns as Pepsi Twist in 2004, no longer produced.

Pepsi Music Sold in Argentina

Pepsi NEX: A zero calorie Pepsi developed by Suntory and sold only in Japan[1]

Pepsi Raging Raspberry

Pepsi Razzleberry

Pepsi Red a red colored Pepsi from Japan developed by Suntory.

Pepsi Samba: A "Tropical Flavoured Cola" containing the flavours Mango & Tamarind, distributed in Australia. It was released in Australia in the 3rd Quarter of 2005 and was expected to be in production for a limited time only. It is Pepsi with a tropical taste of tamarind and mango. Many people did not like the taste. Recently many Australian supermarkets were clearing out their remaining stock at prices as low as 15 cents (2 litres).

Pepsi Si: The word si used in its Spanish context ("yes") and printed on cans. Used as a marketing gimmick in predominantly Hispanic areas.
Pepsi Strawberry Burst

Pepsi Tropical Chill

Pepsi Twist: a lemon flavored variety.

Pepsi Twistão Sold during summertime in Brazil, it's a Pepsi with a lemon flavor stronger than regular Pepsi Twist. "Twistão", in Portuguese, is the augmentative of "Twist".
Pepsi Vanilla: Released in the U.S. in 2003 as Pepsi's answer to Vanilla Coke. Contains vanilla extract as well as both natural and artificial flavors.

Pepsi Ice Cream in Russia
Pepsi Wild Cherry: a cherry flavored variety, introduced in 1988. Originally called "Wild Cherry Pepsi", its name was changed along with the formula in 2005.

Pepsi X Energy Cola: contains more caffeine than regular Pepsi, and also contains guaranine. Pepsi is the first major cola brand to have an energy drink line extension. The cola-based product has a unique flavor and a reddish tint. It is sold in several countries worldwide.

Coffee-related

Pepsi Cafechino: Pepsi with a touch of coffee only sold in India.

Pepsi Cappuccino: A cappuccino-flavored carbonated soft drink produced by Pepsico and currently marketed and sold in India, Eastern Europe, Mexico and some Central American countries. It has also been seen in other areas of Europe under different Pepsi Max nomenclature.

Pepsi Cino

Pepsi Kaffe: coffee flavored Pepsi sold in Hispanic countries.

Pepsi Kona: a short-lived product that was market tested in the Lehigh Valley and Philadelphia, Pennsylvania areas between 1994 and 1996. A mix of Pepsi-Cola and coffee, it is said to have tasted more like coffee than cola.

Pepsi Latté

Pepsi Cafe Da: Coffee flavored pepsi sold in Vietnam

Pepsi Max Cappucino: Only available in France, Finland, Norway, Ireland
and the UK.

Pepsi Max Coffee Cino Pepsi Max Cappucino variant currently being sold in the UK.

Diet-related

Diet Crystal Pepsi: Low-calorie version of Crystal Pepsi.

Diet Pepsi: Low-calorie version of Pepsi.

Diet Pepsi AM: Sugar-free version of Pepsi AM, and introduced in 1987. No longer produced.

Pepsi Edge: contains half the carbohydrates, calories and sugars of a normal Pepsi, and is flavored by Splenda. Introduced in 2004, and discontinued in 2005. It was featured on an episode of The Apprentice 2 in which teams had to design a prototype bottle.

Pepsi Avantage: the French name for Pepsi Edge, sold exclusively during 2005 in the province of Quebec.

Diet Pepsi Free (now known as Caffeine-Free Diet Pepsi)

Diet Pepsi Jazz a flavored colas only available in diet styles. Introduced in July 2006.

Black Cherry French Vanilla

Strawberries and Cream

Caramel Cream (introduced Feb. 2007)

Diet Pepsi Kona

Pepsi Light: Lemon-flavored Diet Pepsi sold in the 1970s and 1980s, also the name under which Diet Pepsi is distributed outside the English-speaking countries.

Pepsi Light: a diet flavored Pepsi sold in other countries besides the United States. Similar to Diet Pepsi. (not sold in 1970s or 1980s)

Diet Pepsi Light

Diet Pepsi Lime

Diet Pepsi Max To be launched in June 2007 in the United States.

Diet Pepsi with added Caffeine and Ginseng.

Pepsi Max Available outside the United States. Pepsi with no sugar.

Pepsi Max Cool Lemon

Pepsi Max Chill (flavored with apple)

Pepsi Max Citron Citron Vert (sold in France)

Pepsi Max Coffee Cino (UK - Pepsi Max with coffee)

Pepsi Max Gold (only available in Finland, Iceland, Norway and the UK)

Pepsi Max Punch (a dark red Pepsi cola with Cinnamon and Ginger -
limited edition in the UK market for Christmas 2005 - available
September to December)

Pepsi Max Twist

Pepsi ONE: An alternative to Diet Pepsi, with one calorie per serving.

Diet Pepsi Twist

Diet Pepsi Twistão (see above)

Diet Pepsi Vanilla

Diet Pepsi Wild Cherry Not widely available until 2005, when Wild Cherry

Pepsi was reformulated.

Pepsi XL another mid-calorie cola targeted at males, and transition consumers (those making the move from regular to diet colas).

Fictional varieties

Cokesi: a cola (presumably a cross between Coca-Cola and Pepsi) mentioned in James Kunetka and Whitley Streiber's novel Nature's End.

Marge Simpson's Homemade Pepsi: In an episode of The Simpsons named "Lard of the Dance," Marge makes Pepsi for Lisa's school dance that she calls "a little thick, but the price is right!"

Horse Pepsi: a cola made from horses which is mentioned in the Futurama episode "The Luck of the Fryrish," it is also the chief competitor of Horse Coke.

Pepsi B: a Pepsi made for babies in the episode "Eight Misbehavin'" of The Simpsons when Apu had eight children.

Pepsi Perfect: a vitamin-enriched cola sold in 2015 in the 1989 film Back to the Future Part II.

Parodies

Kelpsi: a soft drink that Patrick Star needs an ice cube for in the PC version of The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie video game.

Pepco: a soft drink advertised on a pink bench in the Fairly Odd Parents episode "Vicky Free Summer."

Peppi: A soft drink advertised by Michael Jordan in the middle of his product endorsement-laden Celebrity Deathmatch with Dennis Rodman.
Perpi: a drink that was stacked up and knocked over in a grocery store on Nickelodeon's Rugrats.

Popsi: a soft drink in an episode of the TV show Sabrina, the Teenage Witch. Perhaps a reference to Pop Tate, a soda counter server in the Archie Comics series on which the Sabrina TV show is based.

Pippu: a soft drink (presumably a cola) seen quite often in the anime Cowboy Bebop.

POOP: a cola sold in the futuristic world of the cartoon Invader Zim that, like Pepsi, has cherry-flavored and diet editions. There is also a POOP soda called "New Poop", an obvious pun on New Coke.

Poopsi: name of a cola and a candy company in the animated series Doug.

Mepsi Pax: in Conker's Bad Fur Day mentioned by Birdy.

Peek: A blue can highly resembling pepsi in the show Reboot. One of the characters, Slash, becomes a Peek can in a game while his best friend, Hack, becomes a Poke can (which is a parody of coke highly resembling it, too). Since the show is set in a computer world, Poke and Peek are also a reference to computer terms.

No I don't have a lot of time on my hands... I was at work and got bored lol

holy crap...
just one word.. WOW

Why would they even make that many kids of pepsi??

I knew like.. pepsi, pepsi twist, diet pepsi out of all those in the list..
conspiranoia
I´m from Spain, so i haven't tried that ones , the only one the pepsi boom and pepsi max, but i prefer Coca Cola anyway.

I've tried the vanilla and lemon flavours in London, but i think the original flavour is the best.
greenwoodmonkey
[quote="Guelila"]
glenn83e wrote:

Simply put : Awesome... well done research monkey!!!

I had no idea they had some many flavors.... and so many names... I want the job that comes up with them... like

"Hey, Paul, can we have another new name for this new Pepsi our mad crazy science blokes have come up with"
"Ok, let me open my Pepsi Book of random names"
(opens dictionary)
"What does it look like?"
"Crap"
"What does it taste like?
"Crap"
"Ok, How about Pepsi Arse"
"Thats perfect, Paul, well done.. another winner of a brand name that will be remembered for as long it takes the first cans hit the trash can!"
"Can I have a raise now?"
"Of course you can, Paul, you deserve it"
glenn83e
[quote="greenwoodmonkey"]
Guelila wrote:
glenn83e wrote:

Simply put : Awesome... well done research monkey!!!

I had no idea they had some many flavors.... and so many names... I want the job that comes up with them... like

"Hey, Paul, can we have another new name for this new Pepsi our mad crazy science blokes have come up with"
"Ok, let me open my Pepsi Book of random names"
(opens dictionary)
"What does it look like?"
"Crap"
"What does it taste like?
"Crap"
"Ok, How about Pepsi Arse"
"Thats perfect, Paul, well done.. another winner of a brand name that will be remembered for as long it takes the first cans hit the trash can!"
"Can I have a raise now?"
"Of course you can, Paul, you deserve it"

lol good one
glenn83e
Heart Ticket wrote:
glenn83e wrote:

Never heard of it... only ever heard of the famous drink Pepsi (origanal)
Sorry im no help... but one question how good was it???

James

It wasn't too bad. tasted more like a clear cream soda. I still remember sitting in grade 4 drinking it... then in high school was pepsi twist... then college pepsi blue... now I sit at work and drink diet pepsi lol
glenn83e
Classic crystal Pepsi Comercials
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kk3Sghk2lo8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hBPudDANZ4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTeO_hVbeas
Classic pepsi Blue Comercials
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaxTlnoL6yE
Pepsi Twist Comercial Diff language but you'll like it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0M5deGMivW8

And Everyones Favourite

"full version"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84TzkaNYJUI
"short Version"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P37WgPmkOuM

And a Redone Version for Doritos
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8VHAih2AO0

Enjoy Surprised
McDucque
I've had crystyal pepsi and Pepsi Blue... I remember Pepsi blue being kinda gross.

Diet Pepsi with real limes in it takes the top honors for me...

If anyones familiar with Human Giant - sketch show on mtv2 - there was the sketch where Paul Scheer builds a time machine and goes back in time to buy the last case of crystal pepsi rather than visit his dying father...

It's just that tasty.
glenn83e
McDucque wrote:
I've had crystyal pepsi and Pepsi Blue... I remember Pepsi blue being kinda gross.

Diet Pepsi with real limes in it takes the top honors for me...

If anyones familiar with Human Giant - sketch show on mtv2 - there was the sketch where Paul Scheer builds a time machine and goes back in time to buy the last case of crystal pepsi rather than visit his dying father...

It's just that tasty.

haha yea I remember that... it was sad but funny all at the same time
Bockman
glenn83e wrote:

Pepsi Twist Comercial Diff language but you'll like it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0M5deGMivW8

It's in Portuguese (Brazilian Portuguese)

Loved that commercial Wink .

Be Well Cool
Studio Madcrow
I remember trying this as a kid and wondering how they made a clear cola:? It was gimmicy, but kind of cool... I'd buy it to mkae mixed drinks and stuff with.
Aless
I've never heard of it before, but it sounds gross. If I wanted a clear soda-drink, I'd drink Sprite!
wylieconlon
I wasn't actually around early enough to remember Crystal Pepsi, but I remember when Pepsi Blue came out- it was amazing! I'd definitely buy it again, and I'd at least try Crystal Pepsi (but probably under a different name).
RhysAndrews
Pepsi AM looks nice.

-Rhys
m-productions
Pepsi blue was really good, i had it back in my middle school years, but they only had it around for about 2 years (that I saw) ohwell, i just hope they bring back mountain due pitch black 2 (that stuff was good)

I have never heard of crystal pepsi, but now i very much would like to try this.
[FuN]goku
well i havent heard of crystal pepsi... as you say this was 1992.. i would have been 2 years old at the time so... but i do remember pepsi blue... now that was some really good stuff....... i drank that stuff alot until it went away... and i remember they also had vanilla pepsi at one point as well.... (copying coke i expect Razz) and that stuff wasnt as good as cokes vanilla stuff but still..