FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

reasons to love frank miller

Yantaal
1) he is freaking frank miller
2) he saved DareDevil
3) the film 300
4) sin city

the list goes on, anyone else agree?
Scaramanga
Yantaal wrote:
2) he saved DareDevil

More importantly, IMO, is that he saved Batman from real mediocrity.

Also, Ronin is one of my favourites that hardly ever gets mentioned.
varon
Indeed, Frank Miller RULES. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
mina
ah yes, frank miller... I LOVE his movie 300, an awesome display in manliness at it's best... and Sin City was a great movie, too. It was in a style that I hadn't really seen before, and it made it all the more interesting. The characters were cool too, all in all it made for a good movie.
Yantaal
it wasnt his film, it was inspired by his Comic.
Scaramanga
Yantaal wrote:
it wasnt his film, it was inspired by his Comic.

Uhhh, he Executive Produced it, so I'd say it's VERY much his film.
carlokes
Hit there guys

My reasons are:

300, 300 and 300.
Oh and also SIN CITY !!!

I love both movies (and books btw...however Frank Miller assured that both movies and books are faithfull to each other).

Stay COol !
blk3
Two reasons sin City and 300 movies. Although Ive never read any of his comic books, but if movies based on those are an indication.
pedrothelion
I recently (well, last fall) completed my Sin City series and they're some of the best reads I have, including a bunch of books and stuff. It's fast paced and I love how all of the main characters (well, mostly all characters) are interlinked and every little frame tells a story (sometimes many stories even!)..

Frank Miller is truly a genius, and Ronin is, as has been mentioned, a true work of art. I love how the style is so different from Sin City but still so genuinely Frank Miller-esque.. like Razz

Frank Miller for president! Idea
JC Denton
Frank Miller is good, but he is far from the best. Sin City the movie ain't that good either. Very goodlooking, but boring on the other hand. 300 is pure awesomeness though. Everything with half-naked muscular guys with swords is awesome.
pedrothelion
JC Denton wrote:
Frank Miller is good, but he is far from the best. Sin City the movie ain't that good either. Very goodlooking, but boring on the other hand. 300 is pure awesomeness though. Everything with half-naked muscular guys with swords is awesome.

Laughing You actually preferred 300 over Sin City? I think you're actually the first person I talk to who does, which is cool. I'd rate them both really high mostly because of the visual candy (and I'm not just talking about the half-naked men with spears here!) but in terms of story and general feel I'd pick Sin City every time, hands down..

(Well, ok, maybe not every time since that'd probably get boring after a while, 300 is still really good entertainment when you're in the mood for testosterone, adrenaline pumped action with tons of cool one-liners!) Cool