FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

No Maintream!

glassman
This Topic is dedicated to downtempo music.

Genres like: Trip-Hop, Abstract Hip-Hop, Cinematic Hip-Hop, Hip-Hop, Turntablism, IDM, Lounge, Nu-Jazz, Acid Jazz and more...

I'm trying to set up a website with a radio blog dedicated to downtempo music. Help is welcomed.

Since i dont have a free hosting or a website yet i will have to start form a forum.

Maybe we can team up and share our passion for these genres.

Post your favorite bands here.
deStructuralized
Cunninlynguists - A Piece of Strange is a very trippy/cinematic CD
The Roots - Game Theory isn't very cinematic but it's conceptual
Wax Tailor has a very cinematic hip-hop CD out...it's quite good
RJD2's discography

Definitely look into this track though--
Tonedeff & Substantial - PUNK (feat. Ferry Corsten)

You can find it on a CD called "Asterisk 4" by QN5 or also get it as a bonus disc when you order Substantial's EP, "Sacrificial Lambs" from UGHH.com

Happy digging.
Shewolf
Down tempo? Does doom metal count?
In that case I would say Funeral and My Dying Bride Smile
tingkagol
zero 7. i highly recommend them.
Jaan
Haven't heard that word before.. downtempo. Sounds cool.

Yeah, there's alot of discussion right now about mainstream being crap. I think it is partly true.

Heard of Us3? I dig acid jazz, house, trip hop, and ambient. I can't really think of any new rap that I like, mostly old school. Right now it's mainly acid jazz and house for me.

Downtempo... I was thinking sorta the same thing. Launch an icecast server of some sorts and sessions every friday night for 2 hrs. Just for some friends I guess, nothing big.
Scott
I love downtempo music, and hop-hop influenced stuff. Thiss summer I'm hosting a downtempo show on my college radio station. Boards of canada, Au4 and Prefuse 73 are among my favorites.