FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

FriHost Help

Possum
Hi

I am writing a help for FriHost

http://udopage.com/udopage_45.php

I'm going to update it everyday and would love any feedback and advice from this forum..

Cheers Possum
MrBlueSky
Hey, the bit you have up so far looks very nice. As you progress it will become certainly a good help to point new (hosting) members to when they need help. Keep it coming! Applause
tidruG
A few constructive suggestions :
Quote:
But please read the rules. No Spammers and no Torrents.
It would probably be a good idea to link to the Forum Rules. At this point, I think you could also mention the Terms Of Service and the Frequently Asked Questions.

Quote:
You will be given 100 megs of server space and 10 gig traffic per month.
Umm... all this while, I was under the impression that we were giving 250megs of server space, and 10240megs of monthly bandwidth Smile

Quote:
But please remember you can't charge people to use your FriHost server space.
I would remove this line... because redistribution of your server space is completely not allowed. If someone wants a site, they have to register on Frihost for themselves. You cannot use your hosting account as a reseller account.

Quote:
Username. This is your unique identity in FriHost. Its is used in the FriHost forums and as your username in the Directadmin control panel and when you FTP files up to the FriHost server.
This is actually not true. Your DirectAdmin username is a lot like your forum username, except that DA username will only be lowercase, will not have any spaces or special characters, and will only be 8 characters. So, if your forum username is "The Gre@t Flying Sorceror", your DA username will be "thegreat" Smile

That's a pretty good intro, though.
However, there are lots of details left out. Quite frankly, all these details cannot be covered on a single page. My suggestion to you is to simply cover all the very basics, such as how to register and post on the forums, making good quality posts, remaining active on the forums, etc., and let the users register here and get more details Smile
Blaster
Quote:
You can answer someone's question. Or like I do a lot, ask a question or 2 or 15 or 100.

I would remove this for the reason as to you dont' really want people asking 100 questions just for the points. I would add something saying that they should be of good quailty and contribute to the topic.

I would as add that you need 5 posts and 10 points in order to get hosting

And aslo at the very end you should have a link using the code below.

Code:
a href="http://www.frihost.com">www.frihost.com</a>
Possum
Hi

Thanks so much for your advice. I have made the necessary changes.. Or am about to.. Your help was really great..

Cheers Possum