FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Forum page problem...

bladesage
Okay, let me get right to the point here...

I was browsing through my "Guess the Term" contest. Everything seemed to be normal. But when I was looking at page one, and tried to go to page 2, the link labeled "Next" attempted to send me to "http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-35867-2?sid={SID here}" instead of "http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-35867-2.html"

This was (in my case) easily remedied by simply appending ".html" to the base name. While it was merely an inconvenience to me, I assumed you would wish to be aware of such a glitch. I am not complaining, mind you, but I am informing you of the problem as it stands.

I probably would not have even bothered to tell you if this was the first time it happened to me. As far as I can remember, this happened to me once or twice before (albeit with different topics/pages). Now the peculiar thing is, when I returned to page 1 again, and clicked the "Next" link at the bottom as I did before, it took me to the proper page this time. So I am unsure as to what may have caused the error, but in any case, I am telling you about it (in as much detail as possible).

Thanks for your time ^_^
Bondings
And I thought I removed all the next/previous buttons, lol. Wink

Anyway, I couldn't find the bug in the file, but I'll need to go through the file more closely for some future projects, so maybe I'll be able to find/correct it then. Thanks for finding/reporting this bug.