FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Hot Wheels

melissareich
Does anybody collect them???

My brother was the one that started this whole hobby and I got into it to now. I like finding old ones at garage sales, flea markets, or antique shops. I'm not so much into the newer ones, besides treasure hunts.

I used to tell him that it was stupid and that he is wasting his money, but whenever I find an old hot wheel or "Blue cards" I make my dad or mom, whoever I'm with... buy them!

I think it's ironic and hypocritical how I was really making fun of him and his hobby, but now I joined him in his little obsession.

Now, I should mention he is 21 years old, but again the hobby can be for anyone.

So does anyone else here collect Hot wheels? It's a really fun hobby. Me and my brother have a pretty big collection. I find mostly old ones and he does the newer ones.
standready
I collect hotwheels. I still have many redlines from my childhood. I do collect new stuff as well but only what I like. Most years there are only 6-8 castings I want. Mattel: remove the green stripe!
thealpha
actually, do you mean the toys?
melissareich
thealpha wrote:
actually, do you mean the toys?

The Hot Wheels die cast cars.
evilfishtank
my 4 year old brother could give everyone in the U.S. a hotwheel and still have plenty to throw at my head... i think hes a bit spoiled.
HollyChris
My youngest son has a ton of hotwheels. He gets two or three for every holiday and birthday. He loves anything with wheels or wings, Trains, Planes, and Automobiles. He's only 7.
melissareich
Yeah I bet every little kid is fascinated with them. But they tend to loose a ton of value once out of the original packaging. Sometimes I find cars that are worth A LOT, but since they are out of the package I don't even care to look at them.

Yesterday I found a 1993 Camaro blue card and according to my Hot Wheels Variation book it is worth $200.00. I was verrrry excited!
HollyChris
melissareich wrote:
Yeah I bet every little kid is fascinated with them. But they tend to loose a ton of value once out of the original packaging. Sometimes I find cars that are worth A LOT, but since they are out of the package I don't even care to look at them.

Yesterday I found a 1993 Camaro blue card and according to my Hot Wheels Variation book it is worth $200.00. I was verrrry excited!

Wow! I had no idea. I didn't even know that there was a hot wheels variation book.
agustin
I dont collect them... but I used to have some when I was A kid.... i used to love them!!! good for you! theyre so googd!
hlavco
I have several hundred Hot Wheels cars. I don't collect them for value or anything like that, I actually play with them. I'm eighteen years old. I also like Legos and trading cards. Maybe I'm a bit immature, but I do whatever's fun.

I had a great picture of most of my collection, but it's on my home computer right now so I can't post it up.
melissareich
Wow! I think that's cool. I see a lot of old guys usually collecting them, I mean old like 50's and 60's.
I never used to play with them, but my brother started getting into the hobby or collecting and I did too.

I'm more of a Barbie collector too also. Like I said, just plain out all "Mattel" haha.

Well, hlavco (sorry don't no your name), if you ever get the chance to post the picture, do so! I'd like to see!

Smile