FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

serious art forum

onemoment
i think it would be great to have an art forum specifically for serious artists, fine art/conceptual artists, and art students to discuss their particular mediums, artistic inspiration, theorists, research and also conceptual ideas and themes in their work to provoke discussion. it would be different to the forums already up that are for jokes/happy snaps and non-serious art.
do people think this is a stupid idea? Idea

i cant be the only artist on frihost
rheanna
Cool I agree ;o)
ocalhoun
Exactly why is the user art gallery insufficient?
Is it because it is focused around displaying art, and not about making it?
If so, a small change in the forum's description and rules would make it ideal for these purposes.
.ZR.
I think I agree. I'm not much of an artist, but I think an art discussion forum would be a really great addition.
Just my spammy two cents =/
PennyCopper
Can I third this idea, albiet a few days late?

I love nerding out, and creating contacts with other artists and discussing techniques and materials.
tidruG
Can't the Art Gallery be used for this purpose?
mathiaus
tidruG wrote:
Can't the Art Gallery be used for this purpose?

Yes. We can't afford to have a serious and an non-serious forum for each topic. There is A forum per topic sorry.

I think ocalhoun's suggestion of just modifying the description and maybe the name is a better idea.
ocalhoun
^
Quote:
Personal Art Gallery
This is our art gallery. You may post all your personal art like drawings, poems and other writings in here.

That is indeed the real problem. As of now, it's centered around showing work that is already complete. No provision for discussing works in progress, inspiration, methods and materials, et cetera.
mathiaus
ocalhoun wrote:
That is indeed the real problem. As of now, it's centered around showing work that is already complete. No provision for discussing works in progress, inspiration, methods and materials, et cetera.

Just because the description does not cover it, does not mean that it cannot be used for those topics. So long as it is personal art, it fits into that forum. I would actually like to see those kinds of topics in there. Showing the development of art through stages, explaining how certain effects have been achieved etc. Those kind of topics could also become the base of tutorials to aid people in learning as well.

EDIT: Please see this topic for discussion of changing forum descriptions.