FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

feedback on my site

a_dubDesign
Hey err'body, looking for some feedback on my newly redesigned site. Its finished, or at least as finished as my personal sites get because I tend to change stuff around all the time, but I'm not 100% sure if I like it now that I finished it.
Tumbleweed
Great stuff, it looks good , it works quick ,its informative but not over bearing.... I would hire you if I was'nt so tight fisted Wink
If I was going to be super critical for the sake of nit picking(ie pretend I am paying), I would say that the main banner looks a little uneven around the edges compared to the rest of the smooth fonts
ncwdavid
When it first loaded up I liked the colors and layout immediately. I looked around a bit and I liked it but I felt when you click on one of the tutorials it brinks you to a whole new layout and stuff and it makes you kind of feel like your leaving you site and going to a new one but it wasn't that big a deal so overall I liked it. Keep it up.
rheanna
very nice job. looks cool ;o)

want to do my site. Wink
dedicatedtolkien
I went to your site, and it looks like a nice site, but I ran into the issue which inevitably arises when using workaround coding tactics like using a background image for a text column border, as you did on your home page. The column of text looked pretty good, until I started trying to read the last part of what was said. Unfortunately, the way the text rendered in my browser, the column had spilled out over what was supposed to be the bottom out over the footer of the page. This problem can occur because as a web designer, you have no control over how the viewer is going to see your web page. Therefore, it is generally better to you layouts which are flexible, and will conform to the display settings of the clients browser. You might want to move to something involving css and flexible layouts.
kasper105
Nice done Cool Its great!
rheanna
Yeah!, I love the "Get Shag'ed" Video!!!!!!!!!

It's got my Jagermiester! Laughing Cool

I'll be picking some up tonight...Pour me a shot!

Great job on the orlando video. I like the part where the girl goes flying off the raft! HAHA that looks like fun!
a_dubDesign
dedicatedtolkien wrote:
I went to your site, and it looks like a nice site, but I ran into the issue which inevitably arises when using workaround coding tactics like using a background image for a text column border, as you did on your home page. The column of text looked pretty good, until I started trying to read the last part of what was said. Unfortunately, the way the text rendered in my browser, the column had spilled out over what was supposed to be the bottom out over the footer of the page. This problem can occur because as a web designer, you have no control over how the viewer is going to see your web page. Therefore, it is generally better to you layouts which are flexible, and will conform to the display settings of the clients browser. You might want to move to something involving css and flexible layouts.

Yeah, I'm definitely cheating on that one. Would you mind telling me your screen resolution, browser, and if there's a specific page that spills over, it would be greatly appreciated.
a_dubDesign
rheanna wrote:
Yeah!, I love the "Get Shag'ed" Video!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, that one is my personal favorite. Its originally all still painting by an artist named Josh Agle, known as Shag. His stuff is awesome, I highly suggest checking out his website

[quote="rheanna"]Great job on the orlando video. I like the part where the girl goes flying off the raft! HAHA that looks like fun![/url]
The Blob, those things are great! Me and a buddy once blobbed a middle school gymnastic/high diver kid, he went so high he managed to pull two and a half back flips into a dive, it was ridiculous. He was a little guy, weighed maybe 75 pounds, and me and my friend combined to about 440.
benjad
I don't know what to say, except you have def mastered flash! No question about it. And for the record, i hate you. You have mad skills there.

The one thing your portfolio seems to be lacking is some e-commerce and database stuff. This could be a good area for you to grow into in the future... maybe. From the look of your artwork, it looks like you can stay comfortably (read $$$) on the graphic art side and just do fine.

The site is simply amazing..!
rheanna
Josh Agle has some good stuff. I like art. So you put his work together in a video or he did that? That some excellent work.
TarsajumaClan
a_dubDesign wrote:
Hey err'body, looking for some feedback on my newly redesigned site. Its finished, or at least as finished as my personal sites get because I tend to change stuff around all the time, but I'm not 100% sure if I like it now that I finished it.
Lol I say a friend of mine in your video... I live in orlando...
bjwok
very nice stuff champ! extremly quick to load, and a nice amount of interection. i like it.
a_dubDesign
benjad wrote:
I don't know what to say, except you have def mastered flash! No question about it. And for the record, i hate you. You have mad skills there.

lol, thanks. And you by far have the coolest avatar I have ever seen! Thats just awesome.

benjad wrote:
The one thing your portfolio seems to be lacking is some e-commerce and database stuff. This could be a good area for you to grow into in the future... maybe.

Yeah, I definetly need to get into more e-commerce. Its kinda funny (in a hm kind of funny) I've done e-commerce consulting for a few sites, but I've yet to do any live e-commerce stuff, other than the simple paypal button. I don't use a database for my personal site (I just parse XML files, I can pump out nodes quicker than I can pull up phpmyadmin) but pretty much every other site and a couple of the interactive stuff are huge with databases.

benjad wrote:
From the look of your artwork, it looks like you can stay comfortably (read $$$) on the graphic art side and just do fine.

Thanks man, thats what I'm hoping for.
a_dubDesign
rheanna wrote:
Josh Agle has some good stuff. I like art. So you put his work together in a video or he did that? That some excellent work.

Yeah, I love his stuff. That video was actually a class project to learn After Effects. All the images come from his book Shag: The Art of Josh Agle. I snagged a few of the still pictures from that and chopped em up in photoshop and then animated them in afx. I've done a bunch of stuff in afx since that one, but its still my favorite. Its actually my favorite thing I've made, ever. His illustrations really lend themselves to animation. There's a couple of scenes I couldn't use due to time restrictions, I should finish those up and make a deleted scenes video.
a_dubDesign
TarsajumaClan wrote:
Lol I say a friend of mine in your video... I live in orlando...

thats awesome! Was it the University or Orlando video?
rafifaisal
I think the layout is ok. But not mor than that.
Personally i hate sites where all the content is situated in a box.
I decreases the view.
Also your links are not correct.
on some pages you have more links at the top than in others.

Work on your content.
a_dubDesign
rafifaisal wrote:
Also your links are not correct.
on some pages you have more links at the top than in others.

can you explain what pages did that, and your browser and os?

The site is currently pulling double duty as both a personal portfolio for potential employers looking to hire me for full time work and as a design business page for freelance work, depending on which alias is used. I use PHP to snag the address and do the nav based on that. adubDesign.com has two more links than AronDuby.com, and it sounds like something got mixed up with that.
manutdfc13
i like your website, its colourful and it stands out, weldone
DandDer
your site looks very good, but it leaves very little room for text to be entered. However you seem to compensate for that by summerizing all statements and by replacing alot of explaning that would normally be done with words by pictures. Definatly a winner site in my books Smile