FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Brown Note

Wynand
Brown Note

Have you ever heard of Brown Note. According to http://www.mediacollege.com/audio/noise/brown-noise.html it is a controversial and unproven sound which causes the listener to lose control of their bowels.

Can you imagine what you can do with this brown note if you had a device that could make such a sound?

I heard they tried to use this brown note for warfare purposes but how could it be only directed to the enemy. I think this is a bit unethical. Imagine you have to fight for your life and you have something in your trousers at the same time?
ReubenWilliams
I don't know I think the idea was that it would be demoralising and painfull, presumably the invluntary loss of bowel control is comparable to very severe dioreaghh. Thus immobalising the enemy and perhaps preventing such high casualties. I think this is more ethical than killing people.

Then again ethics are pretty complicated on the battlefield anyway

I read in the guardian the americna military have developed a new weapon which projects a microwave field, anybody who comes within a certain distance of it is affected, it burns the top layers of their skin, trigering every pain receptor in your body at once, causing an intense desire to flee although little long term damage.

This is a scary weapon, if the government or whoever have things like this it makes facism that little bit easier. I pray that technology like this does not fall into the wrong hands, although I am not so worried about atmoic weaponary.
HoboPelican
Wynand wrote:
Brown Note....
I heard they tried to use this brown note for warfare purposes but how could it be only directed to the enemy. I think this is a bit unethical. Imagine you have to fight for your life and you have something in your trousers at the same time?

I don't think any soldier is gonna let a load in his pants slow him down. While it may seem like a terrible thing sitting in a nice, civilized setting, when you are fighting for your life, a little brown in your shorts is pretty insignificant. In fact, I imagine quite a few soldiers have fought this way already.
Blaster
hmm has anyone ever watched mythbusters.... they proved this to be a myth.
The_Gamer294
Blaster wrote:

yeah it was on mythbusters. lol when i clicked i thought you were talking about the brown sound. eddie van halen used it.... meh,

disappointed Confused
HoboPelican
The_Gamer294 wrote:
Blaster wrote:

yeah it was on mythbusters. ..

You know, I love Mythbusters, it is great entertainment. But their "experiments" seldom would qualify as legitimate. They are designed to entertain, not prove anything.
Rako
I have actuelley herd of this be four. it was on a tv show some years back but the problem is it can't be played on normal sound system. but it suposedly did help a little.

cruel practical joke Smile
Captain Fertile
HoboPelican wrote:
I don't think any soldier is gonna let a load in his pants slow him down. While it may seem like a terrible thing sitting in a nice, civilized setting, when you are fighting for your life, a little brown in your shorts is pretty insignificant. In fact, I imagine quite a few soldiers have fought this way already.

This is quite true, during the Falklands Conflict in 1982 a friend of mine was in 45 Commando and personally involved in a marathon march, one leg lasted 13+ hours non-stop, this means non-stop. If you stopped for any reason you were left behind and this was not a safe thing for any British marine.

Hence food and toilet breaks were not possible so you had to eat and do everything else on the move. My friend and a lot of others had to simply do it in their pants and put up with it. It was not considered any hardship at all.

People in the 'clean' world would be amazed at what a combat soldier will put up with as a normal part of life.

Soiled and full trousers are the very least of their worries.

I too have heard of brown noise but never seen it proved as fact.
jongoldsz
It seems like the next mosquito loiter protection device.(Mosquito was the thing that people under a certain age can hear, which became a silent ringtone for teens.) If the same company improves that sound, they could probably sell it to restrooms that charge money.
TruPain
Wow... last time I heard of this was when I was watching a re-run of South Park... The brown note was heard on national television... for those that know South Park, I need not say more... for those who don't... you just don't want to know...
NuniPio
hmm wat if ur already empty? does it still work?