FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

A modification in "egosearch" ?

saratdear
I was just wondering about this for a while. When you go to the View your posts, and click on any one of the threads, you go the thread itself. Now, in threads which run for 10-12 pages, like this and this and this, I may have posted there long ago, but do not remember what I posted. So, what I want is, when you click on any one of the threads in egosearch, it will go to my first(or last) post in that thread. So, it makes easier for me rather than hunting through hundreds of pages...

What are your opinions about this?
Blaster
Good idea. I think i get what you mean and if what your thinking is what i'm thinking then i think this should be implanted into frihost. Realy good suggestion. How hard do you think it should be to implant though?
saratdear
Blaster wrote:

How hard do you think it should be to implant though?

That is one thing which I have absolutely no idea of. I don't know anything about coding, and there is no modifications which I think will do this. Now what I need is some good positive responses and maybe Bondings will consider it.
Blaster
Well if bondings think it won't be hard to code and will be helpfull he most likely will just put it in. So thats all you need to do is capture his attention on it. Very Happy
tidruG
Of course, there's always another way to hunt for your posts...
Go to the Forum Search, enter your forum user-name under the
Quote:
Search for Author:
part, select
Quote:
Display results as: Posts
, and you're good to go!
saratdear
tidruG wrote:
Of course, there's always another way to hunt for your posts...
Go to the Forum Search, enter your forum user-name under the
Quote:
Search for Author:
part, select
Quote:
Display results as: Posts
, and you're good to go!

Agreed. But that one has got a few drawbacks :-

1. It shows MY latest posts, rather than the latest posts IN the threads that I have posted in.
2. It can show only plain text; no quote tags, no BBCode, and no links.
3. Everything looks alike; unlike the "View your Posts" link which can show the threads according to their popularity. For example, I am looking for my reply to the "What's your hobby" thread. If I go to the View your posts link, I can recognise the thread immediately, because it's popular it's at the top of the list. Unlike searching for my posts when I have to search through all of my posts looking for it, already complicated by the fact that it shows it based on time. What if I don't remember when I posted it?

Hope I made some valid points. Smile
tidruG
saratdear wrote:
Agreed. But that one has got a few drawbacks :-

1. It shows MY latest posts, rather than the latest posts IN the threads that I have posted in.
I thought that was the idea... to search for YOUR posts.
Quote:
2. It can show only plain text; no quote tags, no BBCode, and no links.
The idea is to only find the posts... you will of course have to go to the actual post/thread to see what updates there have been since your post.
Quote:
3. Everything looks alike; unlike the "View your Posts" link which can show the threads according to their popularity. For example, I am looking for my reply to the "What's your hobby" thread. If I go to the View your posts link, I can recognise the thread immediately, because it's popular it's at the top of the list. Unlike searching for my posts when I have to search through all of my posts looking for it, already complicated by the fact that it shows it based on time. What if I don't remember when I posted it?
then narrow down your search... make it search for your posts in only THAT forum, etc etc..
saratdear
Mmm, I guess I didn't explain properly.

See, what I want is this :-

1. I go to the "View your posts" link.
2. I see the "What's your religion" thread.
3. I want to post in it, but first I need to see what I had posted earlier in that thread.
4. I see it has 11 pages. And I really don't want to hunt through all of that searching for my post.
5. So, when I click on that topic title on the "View your posts" page, like this:-

I want it to go to my post in that thread, regardless of which page it is on.

I hope I made everything clear now...

I also think this would add more meaning to "View YOUR posts", anyway. Smile