FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Any teenage webmasters out there?

Blaster
A little note first
Vrythramax wrote:
Speaking strictly for myself, I find it very unwise to announce to the world my age or history. With all of the online predators out there....why give them a [willing] targeted audience?

Think about what you say before you post. Please.

Ok well after reading this topic and talking with the mod that shut it down i was told by him that I could start a topic without a specific age. So i decided to find out if there where any teenage webmasters out there. If there are post some of the sites you made and how you got started and all.

I started at age 12 with what i am doing today. Before i tried to do stuff and worked with zoomshare for a bit. Then i came here and was taught. What i know now. I'm currently 14 going on 15 next mounth. (wow frihost is almost 2) Well anyhow i've created many sites and also help out with many sites also. www.blaster.hlfusion.net/personal and www.letsfilm.net are two sites that i have up now. Also i'm working at another place called stonerocket (its a web host so i can't post a link) and working with someone that is actually pretty good friends with bondings. (or at least used to be) So there I started to learn about how servers and web hosting work and all. I also am apart of the web design team known as DDS. (many from frihost probley remember us)

So i mean its a pretty interesting thing i think. Its all good. I think if you start young then its a good thing.
Kaisonic
Yeah, I started a long time ago. My first website was a Golden Sun fansite, and actually wasn't too bad-looking. I made it in this program called CoolPage, so I didn't need to know any HTML or anything. Actually, the first ever thing I published on the web was an FAQ/Walkthrough for James Bond: Agent Under Fire. I'm still proud of that thing. (here if you wanna see it) After that, I joined a Pokemon fan site, that is now gone unfortunately. Then I made a video game helping website, which is also now gone. And now, I have my two current websites that actually started a couple years ago.
Blaster
checked out the james bond one and must say that is pretty cool. Great job for your first site. Very Happy
jongoldsz
I'm also a teenage webmaster. I started when I was 10 maybe 11, I turn 16 in 3 weeks. I use to rely on web software. However, now I am mostly freelance, when it come to coding the site, but I still need help when I make the image for a webpage template, since I'm a terrible artist.
Rako
I'm started learning at 12 and now I'm moving on a bit to game programing Smile
but i am still in process of making a blog. but I just found html had to many restrictions but besides game programing I am also learning some other web languages such as php css and .net. I am not even 15 yet.
roninmedia
I started learning webdesign at age 11 with notepad. Never used a WYSIWYG editor. I didn't get an actual paycheck to make a site until I was 13. I started learning PHP at age 14 and managed a site for a web browser game that averaged one million hits a month. I've been less entrenched in web design recently, moving on to improve my Adobe Photoshop skills and writing game storylines and scripts. I'm 20 now. Been a long, long time.
Indyan
Well, I am almost 19 now.
bulek
I started learning webdesign when I was 13. My first program was Macromedia Dreamweaver. After a while I included graphics made in Adobe Photoshop to my websites. Today I'm programming in PHP and my plan is to learn .NET in near future.
Arseniy
I started to create webpages last year, when I was 13.
Sorry, but all of my works are russian and on elven topic. If somewho is interested, here is my work www.erration.co.nr . It's site for RPG community that I created too.
Link that is under my signature was going to my webpage that I designed too, but I decided to delete it.
I'm programming in HTML, and a little Javascript. My plans are to learn PHP. I use Notepad2, Araneae, and CoffeeCup HTML software. Those are cool programs.
iNs@nE
Well your definition of teenager is pretty different from what I know..

Anyways...I did have a look at your site...You should have bought vBulletin or SMF forums instead of PHPBB....vBulletin offers many more features compared to PHPBB..
.ZR.
PHPbb is really modifiable. That's why I always use it when I have the chance. But.. that.. doesn't matter =D

I started when I was eleven or twelve. Just simple websites that died in a week. Through the years I've spent countless hours on one site; Sublunary Abyss. It's a wolf RP community. Corny and childish, but oddly gory and inappropriate. Wolf RPers can be.. a little odd.

Anyway.

I started with HTML and CSS. I couldn't stand those WYSIWYG editors. THey just frustrated me. Even now I like total contorl, which is why I'm trying my best to figure out this div thing. So far I keep turning back to tables, but one day I might get it. I can mod a phpBB forum like nobody's business (can't make my own codes, but I have a knack for figuring things out with alreayd made codes, and a genius brother to help if I can't) but divs just confuse the heck out of me. I'm seventeen now, the site I pretty much started with is still running strong (after a few hiatuses) and my skillz have imrpoved a great deal.

And erm. That's pretty much my web design life story =]
Master Yoda
Well, I'm 17 and this is my first time in trying my hand at creating websites... been giving me a little headache though... and I'll be askin some of my friends for their help and hopefully I can learn how to create a website.. Frihost is my first stop....
jylan
Hey Blaster, thanks for starting a new topic. I guess I was a little slow. Smile
X3 Talk
Yep, that's me. Some works from me include www.x3life.com which is what I am in the middle of making. It is a major project involving many different areas including blog and page hosting, news and email comments etc.

It is about building skills from the easy WYSIWYG editors through HTML through PHP/mySQL/ColdFusion etc.
Blaster
jylan wrote:
Hey Blaster, thanks for starting a new topic. I guess I was a little slow. Smile

Not a problem. I talked to mathius and he said this is ok.

I checked out some of the sites that people have. They all look really good. And the div thing isn't hard to get used to. Just find a tutorial on it and it is really easy to learn.
Vrythramax
Speaking strictly for myself, I find it very unwise to announce to the world my age or history. With all of the online predators out there....why give them a [willing] targeted audience?

Blaster
Vrythramax wrote:

I added that to the top. You only need to say if you started at a young age... not how old you are now.
Vrythramax
@Blaster

Thank You for adding that, I'm sure you understand my concerns. Cool
Blaster
Vrythramax wrote:
@Blaster

Thank You for adding that, I'm sure you understand my concerns. Cool
I understand fully Very Happy Not a problem at all.
{name here}
Well, a guy I know named Pete used to be one.
http://www.petesqbsite.com/
It looked must different when he was a teen and had the site running, though.
cybernie
I have started creating webpages around year 2000... i started with the basic tags... the with tables... after a feew month i've been using templates and customizes them...

strange... i find using notepad better and manually editing the codes than using softwares like frontpage, dreamweaver, etc...

the first site i made was at http://www.geocities.com/taddwaller but after that, i haven't updated it anymore... i received many request to keep the site updated but i did not...

the second site i made was for our chatroom at IRC before called heartbeatbeatzone... it could be found at http://www.geocities.com/battleztarr/heartbeatzone/

now i am working on the site of tubignon online community, for my home town at http://www.tubignon.tk that is hosted on frihost... haven't uploaded some contents yet because of some matters that needs to be taken care of firstly....
.ZR.
Quote:
And the div thing isn't hard to get used to. Just find a tutorial on it and it is really easy to learn.

Tutorials are always a great idea. I never really have the patience for them, though. I glance through them, but other than that I kinda drift away and try to learn myself. Really not a good road to take for someone who gets frustrated with little things easy. But when I do figure something out it makes me feel real good Razz

Quote:

I don't find an issue posting my own age. Mostly because I am nearly an adult, though. If I were younger I probably wouldn't be so willing to post it so openly.
That is a good piece of advice, though.
datter
The internet didn't exist when I was a teenager. Smile
cybernie
that's the usual my mom always say when we talk about internet hehehe
erlendhg
I started to experiment with Microsoft Frontpage when I was a little boy, and eventually learned more and more HTML.
Now, I can code a bit in PHP also.

You can see examples of web sites I have made (they're in Norwegian, and the second one is just a test)

http://www.nordnorskvisegruppe.no/ (http://nordnorskvisegruppe.no/index.php?p=hvaskjer&article=archive is a listing og articles - written in PHP)
http://sudoku.frihost.net/tjk/

(And as a hobby, me and my brother are writing what we hope will be the world´s best sudoku program, in C and C++. With help from our cousin with relations to Intel, our program is, according to him, one of the world´s most well optimized programs Cool )

And yes, I am a teenager. And no, I don't want to tell my specific age Razz
ashen
I started making website since I was on Elementary School. It's about 4-5 years ago (I'm turning 17 this year). The first web I've created with Notepad (full HTML), but I never upload it till now. The other webs are down and gone now. The only running web and often updated is my fanlisting collective, http://fan.togabito.org.
The firstime I bought my own domain name is at 2005, togabito.info. But it was deleted now and I use new domain, togabito.org.
wietn
I started making websites at 13 years old..
My first website was written in HTML.
Now I am trying to make websites in PHP...
alfiqrah
datter wrote:

In my opinion, it is much easier if you learn by attending class. You'll get the real picture of everything!... but surely, it is costly!
PSUVikings
I started quite some time ago, I will reveal some certain things at certain places but others no, my age has been revealed only a few times, though I don't think anyone would travel all the way to my neck of the woods just to stalk me or something of that sort I do not think people should just leave to much info out there.
FireFoxDB
I used to do Freewebs stuff when I was 10 but Now I have a real website. I'm too lazy to code some html stuff and now I'm using WordPress with themes.

The Link: www.XDenzo.net .

Other website I'm bizzy with is www.cronix.net . It's just a html template and now I'm modifying it to my needs.

I'm trying to learn C++ now, but it's pretty hard for me and I've only done things like hello world and a countdown program.

Regards,
Denzo aka FireFoxDB
unknownc1c
lol well i'm not nearly as good as everyone here

I started a couple of years ago with the whole web thing. I started basic with yahoo's geocities. Eventually when i got to highschool i started taking programming classes. I didn't get really into html till 2 years ago. I know a few computer languages such as C++, Java, etc. Right now i really like HTML, Javascript, and PHP. I'm sorta new to PHP though, but i know almost everything there is to know about html and javascript. I'd post some of my sites, but i don't have them hosted anywhere right now. They were all for fun, but no one looked at them so eventually they were just taken down.
cr3ativ3
Ya, I started working into web design and coding and stuff when I was 10 or 11, I am also 14 just turned 14. I now know HTML, CSS, PHP, and I am working on some other stuff like javascript and VB.

I have made a really lousy OyPanel software which was a CMS so I have been recently improving (remaking) it. I also am working on OyAccounts an account system I made no mysql it is in alpha testing. I plan to make some sort of company that has many software like google has but instead web software.

Anyways ya I may post later a link when I publish the website.
Chelissamow
I started learning HTML when I was about 12 on neopets.com. I only learned because I wanted my user lookup to look nice. After a while, I quit that place and joined another pet site. On there, I decided to make a fansite on Freewebs and I've been working on it ever since (except with many breaks in between). Currently, I only know HTML and CSS but I'd love to learn PHP. However, all of the tutorials that I look at are very confusing. X__X
cr3ativ3
Chelissamow wrote:
I started learning HTML when I was about 12 on neopets.com. I only learned because I wanted my user lookup to look nice. After a while, I quit that place and joined another pet site. On there, I decided to make a fansite on Freewebs and I've been working on it ever since (except with many breaks in between). Currently, I only know HTML and CSS but I'd love to learn PHP. However, all of the tutorials that I look at are very confusing. X__X

I find this a very helpful tutorial instead of it diving into the syntax and stuff it shows examples of its use. Which I personally find easier to learn from examples explained then syntaxial tutorials.

http://www.php-mysql-tutorial.com/index.php

P.S. it seems to be down when I posted this I hope it's back up when you read this.
Petee
I made my first website in, 7th grade I think. It was very simple, and to be quite honest, it sucked Laughing. I used Microsoft Word to make it Rolling Eyes. I have since then made several websites and upgraded my original one many times as well. Sadly however, I have never learned how to code HTML or PHP. I've always just used WYSIWYG editors, such as NVU, although I would definitely like to learn how to code. I'd say I enjoy the graphical aspect of creating websites the most, creating and arranging the various images and such to create complicated pages.

I'm thinking of trying to get some freelance jobs this summer, after honing my skills some more.
Blaster
codeing in HTML isn't that hard. Really its quite easy. Others coding like php is harder but really if you know html it makes it easier. So learn how to code html first. www.w3schools.org try and learn from there.
scimitarmoon
Well, I was a teenage webmaster. I started when I was 12, with a basic angelfire website. I moved hosts more times than I can remember, trying to find the perfect, ad-free solution for my web site. Eventually I got sick of trying that, and bought web space and a domain... this year though, the web space was unfeasible for me to pay for, and so I closed three of my web sites and moved the last one to Frihost. Of course, I'm 20 now, so I'm no longer a teenage webmaster...
Soulfire
Yeah, I'm teenage.

I was webmaster of my first website at age 11. It was a pokemon (I know, lame...) website on Megapages (I believe). Since then, I've gone through many websites, it's hard for me to pick one I want to stick with. I'm just ADD and get bored really quickly.
rhathar
I started teaching myself HTML when I was around 11 or 12 and got a few free websites up over the years. Later on I actually started fading out of web design and doing more programming.

I started writing MUSHcode first, around the age of 13, and wrote several MUSH wide systems that as far as I know are still in use. Later on I picked up C++, awk and basic shell scripting.

Several years ago I taught myself PHP and SQL, and have been going with those and getting back into web design. I'm also experimenting with programs in Perl and Java, though not so much.

I'm 19 right now. Smile
LostOverThere
I used to make websites when I was about 10, I never uploaded them to the internet, just made a few; Fun-Dumb, Wackathonion, and Many more.

Now I have a real website (Cheese Games), which I am focusing a lot of time on. Smile
dac_nip
datter wrote:

nice one there, these guys are pretty good! I started pretty late. Mostly devoted to school. When I started developing, I do it for free, FOSS(free and open source softwares) and applications for our school and the community. it was my past time and hobby though, never regret doing it. i joined a plug group and there I learned some stuffs.. Very Happy
Soltair
Yeah I'm a teenager webmaster. I worked really hard on a project, http://www.dndfocus.frih.net, but... let's say that it doesn't attract a lot of people Wink
molif
well.. i was a webmaster when i was a teenager.. right now, im already 21, so no more teenager.. if u have time, come to hahahalif.frih.net.. ahaha..
OutlawSpirit
y0 im 19.. started when i was about.. 17 i guess... probably before that, i just finished creatin the latest site.. n i think the design is off the hook... ish is crazy... the rest i made were not 2 bad, but not something i was major proud of... this one, is the bomb
ItsWesley
I started creating websites when I was 12 or so, although they weren't all that good. I've continued making small websites over the years, but I have gotten rather lazy, so I don't really bother with anything other than my website anymore.
funnyerror
Sure, I have a dot com name, so i guess i could be called a wemaster. and hey, im still a teenager, so i am officially a teenage webmaster! Woot!

-FE
Zruch
Well, I made my first website when I was ** - one year ago.

Edited by Vrythramax.....Please do not make your age public.
tribe
When I was a teen, just 2 years ago, I did make a lot of websites, and I still do today.

www.tribe-talk.com
www.eguins.frihost.net/cms
www.yngair.wordpress.com

Those are my primary sites...... I make a lot of graphics for others and help others out when they need help... I'd like to learn more webmaster skills, especially learning how to edit one page of html for lets say 100 to be mass edited if you will.

Anyone willing to help, drop me a PM or EMAIL.
TheGustav
Way back when, around age 10 or so my Uncle taught me the basics of HTML...

Now a teenage webmaster. Smile
I was instantly caught on, and just started learning more and more. I now run one website, and am working on another. Smile But have made many in between that I just never decided to upload and maintain.

I code in HTML/PHP/MySQL purely for fun, and the sense of accomplishment I get after finishing a website.

/shrug, I like it, what can I say?
Vrythramax
datter wrote:

Then you must be rather old, the Internet has been around since the 1940's, the World Wide Web [http protocal] has only been in existence since 1995.

Too many people confuse the Internet and the WWW as being one and the same...they are not in any way the same animal...not even close.

@Blaster

If you really want to learn about the web and how to work with...go right to the source The World Wide Web Consortium, they give only the straight forward facts, not another persons interpretation of those facts. BTW, I interned there while attending MIT, they are really into the smallest details.

*Max sighs heavily and goes to sulk*
Blaster
@max i did most of my html learning from www.w3schools.org I have also spent a lot of time validating sites with there validater. and if you attended class there that is pretty intersting. I think i remember you saying something like that to me at one time...
darvit
I started making websites as a requirement for a computer project. I was 13 back then. The project was supposed to be a personal website... That first one I made was really crappy: black background, center alignment, courier new font, HRs, and a loser marquee. Laughing

I got really hooked, though, and I was determined to teach myself how to make a website. Razz

I've made a LOT ever since, from FF8 fansites to forum awards voting booths, to class websites. Smile The fansites have all been dead. Today, only the class websites and my blog have survived. I have no more time for elaborate fansites right now. Sad

I'm 19 now--last of my teenage years. Sad
Chelissamow
cr3ativ3 wrote:
Chelissamow wrote:

I find this a very helpful tutorial instead of it diving into the syntax and stuff it shows examples of its use. Which I personally find easier to learn from examples explained then syntaxial tutorials.

http://www.php-mysql-tutorial.com/index.php

P.S. it seems to be down when I posted this I hope it's back up when you read this.

Thanks a lot for that link! I will definitely check it out. It seems a bit confusing to look at but I'll try my hardest to try and understand it. ^^;
darvit
Chelissamow wrote:

Thanks a lot for that link! I will definitely check it out. It seems a bit confusing to look at but I'll try my hardest to try and understand it. ^^;

Here's a simpler one, if you want to check it out: http://www.tizag.com/phpT/ Smile
justnewbie
Same as me. Started since I was 15, explored lots of free webhosts from geocities to tripod, and settled down for a while with sitesled and finally came down with frihost. I developed numerous sites, one of which is my school's website. However, I did this as a hobby, not to earn money or some sort.
Heart Ticket
Blaster wrote:
A little note first
Vrythramax wrote:

Ok well after reading this topic and talking with the mod that shut it down i was told by him that I could start a topic without a specific age. So i decided to find out if there where any teenage webmasters out there. If there are post some of the sites you made and how you got started and all.

I started at age 12 with what i am doing today. Before i tried to do stuff and worked with zoomshare for a bit. Then i came here and was taught. What i know now. I'm currently 14 going on 15 next mounth. (wow frihost is almost 2) Well anyhow i've created many sites and also help out with many sites also. www.blaster.hlfusion.net/personal and www.letsfilm.net are two sites that i have up now. Also i'm working at another place called stonerocket (its a web host so i can't post a link) and working with someone that is actually pretty good friends with bondings. (or at least used to be) So there I started to learn about how servers and web hosting work and all. I also am apart of the web design team known as DDS. (many from frihost probley remember us)

So i mean its a pretty interesting thing i think. Its all good. I think if you start young then its a good thing.

I'm a teenage webhost check my introduction for my age and such but i started web hosting back about 3 years ago my very first site was a free webs one (www.freewebs.com) and i slowly grew on from that Smile.
Arnie
I have this feeling that the majority of Frihost users (who are all supposed to be webmasters) are in their teens. Wink

And to learn HTML etc. please stay away from W3C. They may be good at defining standards and describing them to experts in a way that cannot be fiddled with, but they're not good at teaching them to beginners.

I wonder what's with the recent fixation on W3C anyway. I mean, I know they've been around for long, but for the last few years it's become some sort of hype to refer to them.
Hobbit
I'm a teenager. I started when I was 14 or so, because my band needed a website. Making sites is really fun, and I love making money with them as well. My goal is to make a living out of the internet by the time I'm 21. Well I already do, but I want at least 8k per month.
jabapyth
I started a few years ago, and have gone through 3 or 4 websites by now. Im mostly a programmer, but I'm also a (teenage) webmaster
Vrythramax
Arnie wrote:
I have this feeling that the majority of Frihost users (who are all supposed to be webmasters) are in their teens. Wink

And to learn HTML etc. please stay away from W3C. They may be good at defining standards and describing them to experts in a way that cannot be fiddled with, but they're not good at teaching them to beginners.

I wonder what's with the recent fixation on W3C anyway. I mean, I know they've been around for long, but for the last few years it's become some sort of hype to refer to them.

After reading your post, and actually thinking about it (yeah....I do think at times), your very correct about the W3C. They only see the tech side and presume you already know what's going on. But you must admit that once your learn the basic html, there is no finer source for information of this type.

They write the standards you have to learn in order to even write a webpage.
DeFwh
Well I didnt start when I was considerably young, 16. Well when you think about we are all very smart to be doing what for others would take a college education. Anyways when I started my venture into the WWW, I used notepad and freewebs. As I started learning more I switched to Frontpage and free web host with ftp. I used core ftp for the longest time, my suggestion dont touch it (besides filezilla and smartftp are better anyways). For about a year now Ive been using Dreamweaver 8, Flash 8, PS CS2, and FileZilla exclusively, i love them all very much. Ive learned from www.pixel2life.com, www.w3schools.com, several books, and especially frihost.

I currently run Defection Design Studios which caters to small businesses that need a web design but also need an affordable price.

Ill still offer some services on frihost at some point but I need to finish highschool first.
darvit
Blaster wrote:

Also i'm working at another place called stonerocket (its a web host so i can't post a link) and working with someone that is actually pretty good friends with bondings. (or at least used to be)

That's where I came from before coming here! :O The owner mentioned Frihost as an alternative when they took down their free web hosting last year... [I recognize other members here who also came from there, too.]

Anyway, [so this won't be off-topic] I'd just like to add that the very first place where I hosted my little webpages was *********, then *********, and a few [s]hundred[/s] more that I could not remember back in those days when "shrines", marquees, and Netscape ruled. Frihost has been the best, by far. Smile

Edited by Vrythramax....Please do not advertise other free webhosts by name in public.
Vrythramax
DeFwh wrote:
At the time of posting this Im the 42nd richest Frihoster. Work hard, earn big!

I'm currently the 8th richest....but who really cares about FRIH$? It's the posting that counts.
Heart Ticket
Vrythramax wrote:
DeFwh wrote:

I'm currently the 8th richest....but who really cares about FRIH$? It's the posting that counts.

Thats true... ranks,posts & points are the only figures that matter here...

James
DeFwh
Vrythramax wrote:
DeFwh wrote:

Hmmm off topic but yes Vrythramax Frihost would just be another free host with no culture or allure of community if it wasn't for the forums and members who post their minds outs.
Blaster
Vrythramax wrote:
DeFwh wrote:

Then i must be a god Very Happy I'm sitting in the millions

Sorry had to reply to that one.
spazbutt32
I'm trying to maintain this webspace so I can use it if inspiration ever strikes.

I have motivational issues. (Am 16)
CyanEyed
i started like 2 years ago (when i was 13), but i cant say ive progressed much. i know how to do the stuff with the workload from school and other responsibilities i dont get time to refine my abilities. Sad i tried learning PHP and didnt get far with that, so im working with flash at the moment. at least i can see myself doing this sort of stuff as a career.

CyanEyed
Billwaa
yeha, I start as soon as I turn 13
Hunterseaker
I started to make websites when I was about 13, it was just basic html and some javascript. That site was just to learn html and the basics of buildings websites. I just found out that that old site is still online:
http://www.geocities.com/conmau89/. 2 years later I joined a national website competition, I joined with a few classmates. We were very successfully with our website and we made it to the national finals. We almost were 3rd, tho to bad. The site is still frequently visited. http://proto4.thinkquest.nl/~lld193/index.html
Two years after that site I decided to make another site about wallpapers(cause I started to work with PS much). this became wallpaperheaven. wallpaperheaven was 1st a very simple website not very dynamic tho frequenly visited. after a while I start building a new version which was much more dynamic. V2 was born.
http://wallpaperheaven.frih.net
Now I'm busy with V3 which become much more professional.
And I'm still a teenager.
Manofgames
Started learning web coding when I was about ****, I learnt basic html in my spare time, and made little websites on my computer(using notepad), which were basicly collections of free pictures and tunes.

All my designs at that time were all pretty tacky in design, being mainly blocky, and square.

I started using my school's resources to create 'viewable' web sites, and my first site (a games site) was hosted on tripod, who at the time were offering an amazing 5MB hosting Shocked .
I soon abandoned that site though, because it was too ugly, I had no visitors to it, and I hated the ads Sad

I then found another cool program somewhere, called Xara XS, it was a drawing program, and was much better for creating web graphics.

Using Xara XS, and notepad, I set about creating a dynamic online games website using only javascript and html.
The site was actually pretty cool(at least I thought so), the design was a bit better then my previous ones, but it became to hard to create a website ENTIRELY in javascript, I was having to edit about 5 different files just to add a game.
The site was still being hosted by someone until recently, I think they've gone bust now....

I then found Frihost Very Happy , I'd come across them a while before, but didn't like the idea of posting 4 hosting.

Anyway, I started experimenting with joomla, which was a big mistake for me. I found it was too blocky and formulaic for what I wanted.

I experimented with CMS' for a while, and have recently started learning PHP and MYSQL.

And I'm still a teenager too Smile
sarbaraj101
I'm one, too.

Started off just a month ago. I'm just 14. Anyways, my site is Harry Potter Shrine

Converting the site to PHP soon.

I'm learning security , A+, PHP, C++, Assembly and Perl.

I know HTML quite well, I use QBASIC (2D gfx) and Visual Basic and very rarely Java, though I know it (lazy to download JDK).

That's all abt me.
andy26
i started at the age of 15 on web design now im 17 i learnt everything i know now by figuring things out myself iv had a few tips from here on frih host. anyway heres my favourite sit which was currently updated. www.andysserver.frih.net please visit within internet explorer
Vrythramax
Has nobody read the warning about posting your true age? Trust me, it is very unwise to do so.....there is alot of sickos out there.....don't give them any help......PLEASE.
JJGY
I've been creating web pages since I was about twelve, just using basic HTML editors and such. It's funny because I never even had access to a computer until I was around eleven or so, but that kind of stuff interested me a lot, and I had a lot of time on my hands back then. I started my first (successful) independent website when I was fourteen, running everything except for the server. I'm still very young for a webmaster. I'm glad to have such a useful skill already, perhaps It'll help out a lot once I begin a career.
Pikokola
Me, It's already 4 years since I started my first website at geocities ^^,

1 years after, I'm a admin of my high school official website for 3 years, and now, I did nothing due to lack of free time ...
gtherockgod
I guess I must have started around 11 or 12, but that was all very simple stuff back then. A year or two later I tried setting up a site for the comics I used to draw, that's when I first started using frames.

These days I only use my website making skills to design websites for the bands Im in, there's no better way to get your name around as a musician than using the internet.
unraveling
I am 14. I think I'm doing a great job too! I started when I was 13 with photoshop and dreamweaver, then I used my ideas with Geocities... Then moved here Smile
DeFwh
unraveling wrote:
I am 14. I think I'm doing a great job too! I started when I was 13 with photoshop and dreamweaver, then I used my ideas with Geocities... Then moved here Smile

Do you have any examples or sites that are up and running?

I always like to see what everyones got going on and its nice to see young people take an interest in anything technological.
psycosquirrel
I started at 12, and am still going at 19... Wow, it has been a long time...
guugu
started when i was 16 or something and still trying to do some pages. I'm "web-master" at our student organization
Sickness
I'm 17, and I started at 15... I just know something about Photoshop, Flash and Frontpage/Dreamweaver. That's all I need Evil or Very Mad
Q5U8
I have 35, so I'm worth twice than you, young people! Cool

Sorry, I can't resist the temptation... Laughing Laughing Laughing
DeFwh
Q5U8 wrote:
I have 35, so I'm worth twice than you, young people! Cool

Sorry, I can't resist the temptation... Laughing Laughing Laughing

Your shelf life as a web designer is half over.
nilsmo
Blaster wrote:
I started at age 12 with what i am doing today. Before i tried to do stuff and worked with zoomshare for a bit. Then i came here and was taught. What i know now. I'm currently 14 going on 15 next mounth. (wow frihost is almost 2) Well anyhow i've created many sites and also help out with many sites also.

Wow, we are actually very similar in those respects. However, I'm more programming-oriented than you... You seem very web-design oriented.
alkady
Of course there must be plenty of them, I am a teenage web master, I launched my own domain at 16 and started making websites at around 10-12 years old. 10 yr. old using AppleWorks and 12 yr. old using MS Word and so on.

I actually have no problem revealing my age, there really no danger if you act with prudence. It's no different from meeting at 95 year old.
lukeropro
Me be a teenager wbemsater.
I started 2 years ago, when I was 12-13. I was suddenly interested in computers and spent nearly all my time on my computer. That would explain why my grades were so bad for that year. I was fascinated in flash and decided to open a flash portal so, since I'm don't have money, I looked for a free web host. First was freewebs, then some other unknown hosts until i found frihost. I hosted my website here for many months before buying paid hosting and a domain last year, which expired this year.
Halfway, I realised that it was a complete failure, I didn't know how to code a PHP flash portal, desperately trying to find one so in the end I decided to give the whole flash portal idea up and decided to make videos. So 2 crappy videos later, my site wasn't as popular as I hoped and since december last year I gave up on the site. Now I'm thinking of opening an entertainment site with games, maybe a weekly or monthly comedy audio clip etc.
That'll have to wait until around july, after my parents are convinced that my grades are good enough.
Blaster
Well i'm happy. I just created my first site that i got paid for. www.astondems.com It was for a neighbor of mine. Very Happy
ctrlTR
I have new started and i am so pleased to start it,and also i am little exciting Very Happy I hope that i will be not bored at fist step Laughing Because this beginning will be little about my job and my career.
silverdown
I started when i was high school with my computer tech class, we made a dos program which i still have somewhere. Then I jumped right into web development after that. I got a darn "B" on the dos program well so did the rest of my class as well. Only because the teacher has a thing for not giving out a "A" unless you did someone so cool he would buy it from you evidently.
ashish2005
I am not a teenage now but I started creating webpages at the age of 18 and that is about 3 years ago. I started in my late teens with personal websites which were not that good at all. Then I created a website for a music group from my country and spent almost two years working in that site. It's sad to tell that all my sites I created in my teenage are now closed. But they were not good and designing a website is not really my thing. Now I'm 21 and the current site that I'm administering is only a phpbb forum (I started this site at the age of 20 i.e. at the end of my teenage).
cybernie
It's been a while that I haven't updated or coded the site I made. And the feeling is so intense... I mean, something is calling me back to do web authoring again. Whew! Seems like I need to go back to the stuff I used to love for years. I miss my notepad, I miss my dreamweaver and my Flash.
sondosia
I've had websites since I was 11 or 12, probably. Now I just have a blog or two, and have abandoned most of the websites because I'm just not interested in those things anymore.

It was an interesting experience, though. Designing websites is lots of fun.
KHO
I started on a message board long ago, they allowed HTML on the message board (it began unrestricted) and a group of people became known as the Sig Makers. This was before I used firefox, actually, before it even came out, so we used alot of wave("") strength("") and filter codes. (If you dont know, it is actually possible to make a web image, not using super small characters to shape an image, but just normal text with enough effects to make it look good. We had table overlays on a normal sig size, learned basic HTML exploits, advanced positioning methods, you name it, we did it. We even added a piece to our signature that threw the rank icon of the moderators over ours to make us appear as mods.

Needless to say, with each exploit we found, they patched and restricted our HTML abilities. We had one where we managed to make a new div layer over the sig layer that would extend the signature out to an infinite size. Ahh, those were the days lol. Well, after they blocked all the HTML I moved onto web design. I began by using freewebs, built probably 3 sites on there and learned about using HTML to remove adds placed there by the company and all that stuff. I got tired of their restrictions, and moved onto another server that only lasted like a month before it got shut down, they let us do whatever, and i originally got interested in programming there.

I learned basic Java/Javascript, implemented rudimentary scripts into new web sites, and then the server was lost I guess. At that point (nearly 4 years later) I found Frihost, I used frih ever since, learned basic PHP/MYSQL here, which got me interested in making programs. I then moved onto AutoIT(really fun programming language/program) and began making Bots for the games I play. However, I started coding in excess of 3500 lines which is were AutoIT cut off, and I started wanting to do things AutoIT couldn't do. So I moved onto C++ which I am currently teaching myself. I am entirely self taught, I know Linux, Mac(OS 9 and X), Windows inside and out (98, 2k, ME, NT, XP). I am a computer technician getting paid $20/hr USD part time. And I am only a sophomore in High School taking AP Calculus, Trigonometry, Statistics, and Physics.

Heres the current site I'm working on for my World of Warcraft guild.
http://kit.frih.net/hardcore/.

All this, and I'm only 16 =] I also do alot of modding, and building machines. After I learn C++ thoroughly, I will begin using it to develop working robots managed by my computer and a radio controller.
shdw.puppet
I started about 2 years ago but only got really serious in the last couple months

I like to use Javascript extensivley and my new project even has AJAX!
My language of choice server side is PHP. OPen source and free, it also has many preexisting scripts i can customize
Dragonfly
When a survey was conducted sometimes ago, I think it was in Frihost... it was a poll. The average age of Members in this forum are below 20. So, I think there are lots and lots of teen webmasters. I don't know how professional they are but I think most of them are a very promising ones. I'm not teen anymore but the replies to the thread say it all...
Vrythramax
the only thing that defines a professional is if they do something and get paid for it....given that, all others are either semi-pro (trying to be polite) or wannabes Twisted Evil
Blaster
Vrythramax wrote:
the only thing that defines a professional is if they do something and get paid for it....given that, all others are either semi-pro (trying to be polite) or wannabes Twisted Evil

I guess you can call me a wannabe then Razz Although i have gotten paid for jobs i've done... So you decide.
silvermesh
I started with an angelfire page when I was 15. moved on through geocities and fortunecity, and eventually every place like that was bombarding ads everywhere, so I bounced around looking for better free places, secured a good permanent one via a one time donation of a decent chunk of money to a small gaming site, but they aren't set up to allow me to really attach my domain name the way I want, so here I am at frihost.
toughtrio
I still remember the night, when after long changes in search queries, a little luck, some friend hints and help from Google, I finally landed onto this miraculous website, which actually realised the value of my posts Wink , and gave me free web-hosting space for it..

Anyways, coming to the topic... It was those days in school when website runners were considered whiz-kids, and luckily I was one of em..

11 - first html website..
13 - ran first website on my PC, on my IP, with dial-up
15 - first php website..

All websites that I ran were mostly outdated in 3-4 months, or usually closed down... This wasn't due to inappropriate or boring content, but just due to a lack of any motivation to continue for it.. And I donot get motivation by people joining it up and telling me to continue the website, I get motivation by seeing a REAL change happening in the world due to my efforts, or atleast on a small scale, as in helping students in my school to manage their Past Papers online and get any of it whenever they want.

I deviated alot from the main theme, but i don't know, the words just flow Razz

Still am a teen, but wont reveil the exact age. Sorry Sad

Warm Regards,
acadboss
I started my first website when I was 14 I have had three websites in my time as a webmaster but now I only operate one I am just 16 right now. Its www.webmastercenter.weebly.com, I think it is a great site. Check it out and tell me what you guys think.
speeDemon
I made my first when I was 13... but I used dreamweaver...
I'm about to be 18 in 10 days... so I guess I'm still a 'teen webmaster'
ratanegra
acadboss wrote:
I started my first website when I was 14 I have had three websites in my time as a webmaster but now I only operate one I am just 16 right now. Its www.webmastercenter.weebly.com, I think it is a great site. Check it out and tell me what you guys think.

The site is down.

BTW, I started around 14 and have been doing it not so constantly. I have had many sites, but the design has always been a huge huge failure. I am 19 now and I will be working on my new site when classes end for this year (in around 2 months and a half)! (mundoen2d.com)
Syryus
I started around 14 with wap sites, i helped develop some popular scripts at the time and at 16 i moved on to web sites. For almost 4 years i was out of the world of coding do to university, but now i'm back on. I don't sell stuff or services anymore though, i only code for my pleasure and for the role-playing forum i'm administrating.
inuyasha
I used to be. But I've been an adult for nearly a year(still a childish boy, though Wink). I don't think there would be too few teenage webmasters in frihost since more adults than I thought would rather pay for a webspace and build a profitable website, perhaps related to their career.