FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Flash Site

Holy
Hi. I noticed that when you go to the homepage, it's not very... lively. Someone may have already comment and suggested this too but, I think FriHost should make a flash homepage. It will probably attract more people and it will be pretty cool. OR, like some other sites, you should have a flash homepage but also have the choice of just a regular non flash site. Just thought I should add this suggestion. Smile
Arseniy
I don't think it will be good. Some users (like me) have slow internet connection and it wouldn't be good.
As for homepage... yes, design might be improve. Really=)
Disaster-Pieces
Arseniy wrote:
I don't think it will be good. Some users (like me) have slow internet connection and it wouldn't be good.
As for homepage... yes, design might be improve. Really=)

It would be good just leave it as small flash items on the page so its no big deal I don't know but it would liven the place up.
Blaster
A flash site would take too long to load for some people and therfore bondings probley won't do it. And if he where then i know max can. www.kenshi.net is one of his sites. Very Happy
bulek
Flash site is really a bad idea for people who don't have broadband connection, especially if flash site is big. I would rather recommend you to make a website with nice design and in HTML/PHP language.
ocalhoun
Holy wrote:
It will probably attract more people and it will be pretty cool.

False Nobody is going to click on a link to the homepage just because it has flash.
True Yes it would be cool.
vinx_18
For me, flash homepage is not a bad idea. IT depends on how you will load it. You can load portion by portion of a the whole flashsite. Otherwise, you could just place a flash banner or some animated flash on the site. But, the main idea here is to change the theme or the interface of the site. I think its time to change the interface of Frihost. Smile
garionw
It depends on the type of site.

If Frihost was a multimedia studio, which had static features, sure go for it!

But seeing as though we are a webhost, I give this one two thumbs down Wink
Bondings
Flash is made for banners, movies, animations, games and similar. A homepage is neither of those and should be coded in a markup language like html or wml.

And yes I know it needs a redesign. Just not with flash.
garionw
Bondings wrote:
Flash is made for banners, movies, animations, games and similar. A homepage is neither of those and should be coded in a markup language like html or wml.

8600th post! Dancing Dancing

What's wml?
Azmo
imo assume that u put up this imba flash site.. ye it's so cool.. but if something is cool, every unserious 14-years-old will klick it and see "whoaa" ppl here can help me with my questions, oh, I dont speak any english and I'm not old enough to follow an easy walktrough but anyways gief help ffs"

I like it the way it is now, I think it helps to keep the forum serious and not get spammed. Leave the flash out for your personal website.. and another thing.. I'm online here from work most of the time.. when I get home I code alot and have no time to sit on a forum, and from work I can't download everything I want, ok I can get a flashplayer (cause I'm admin) but it doesnt fit in for 2 cent.. but I assume alot of ppl cant at their work.. that means no fun for those either.. flash are for private homepages, for people who need it and for people who can't make anything else looks cool... Very Happy
mathiaus
Bondings wrote:

-close-