FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Posting Data to multiple sites at once?

Dougie1
I am not really sure if this is php or html (I think it may actually be the latter, nevermind.) But what I would like to do is have a script which will post data to multiple sites at once. Maybe it could open multiple windows to post to at once when submit is pressed. I hope someone can help me anyway. Thanks.
ncwdavid
As far as I know you can only have one "action" in the form which is where all the info is posted so I don't know if its possible to do what you saying. You could store the information that was input in a database and then from the different sites just connect to the database and get the information.

Why would you have to post to multiple sites? Im just wondering.
Dougie1
I was going to make it so that I could submit a website to several of my directories at once, but I really need it to be post data that it submits... Is there any way to input the sites through a php script which then opens several windows with the post data?
johanfh
Just an idea: post the data to page 1, then from your php-script, after doing with the data whatever you want to do to it, open your second page with the data in the referrer (www.mydir2.com/form.php&name=mynewlink&info=someinfo&etc.)
Make your second script so, that it checks whether there is something in the referrer and use this as a basis for the second form (use value=$var1 where $var1 is the first element of the referrer string). Now you can add some more data if you need, click submit on the second form and call form number three in the same way.
But I agree with ncwdavid: why isn't it possible to put the data where you want it using one script?

JohanFH
Dougie1
johanfh wrote:
Just an idea: post the data to page 1, then from your php-script, after doing with the data whatever you want to do to it, open your second page with the data in the referrer (www.mydir2.com/form.php&name=mynewlink&info=someinfo&etc.)
Make your second script so, that it checks whether there is something in the referrer and use this as a basis for the second form (use value=$var1 where $var1 is the first element of the referrer string). Now you can add some more data if you need, click submit on the second form and call form number three in the same way.
But I agree with ncwdavid: why isn't it possible to put the data where you want it using one script?

JohanFH
I actually did something similar to this. I made the php script have the data as GET data and then the main php code has the sites stored as numbers. When loaded it opens a new window (pop-up!) then auto submits the data with javascript. The new window which is open has, in the url, the number with one added to it so that it directs to the next url!

If that didn't make any sense it doesn't really matter as I have it solved.