FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Mental blank - quick question!

ChrisCh
Hey there. I'm writing a short story for English, and I wasn't sure of the proper name for the area on a ship that you steer from! Is it called a control room, captain's room, or something else?!
RubySlasher
I believe it's called the bridge, (which is the elevated, enclosed platform on a ship from which the captain and officers direct operations.)
ChrisCh
Thanks a million! Smile
RubySlasher
No problem!
Disaster-Pieces
ChrisCh wrote:
Hey there. I'm writing a short story for English, and I wasn't sure of the proper name for the area on a ship that you steer from! Is it called a control room, captain's room, or something else?!

Captains room tends to be the captains personal quarters.
I think its called "The bridge".
Duncan Idaho
Most likely the bridge, depending on what kind of ship though. Then again, well, google it. Though that might not help you, but it may give you an idea of where to start.
ChrisCh
Heya Smile The story has been written now - using "bridge".

Thanks for your help! Smile
cybernie
yeah! that's the bridge... congratulations for finally having your story done hehehehe
tidruG
Well, now that we have bridged the gap between question and answer, I'll -lock- this thread to prevent redundant replies Smile