FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Halo 3

Halo 3
Hype!
75%
 75%  [ 21 ]
Dead.
14%
 14%  [ 4 ]
Huh?
10%
 10%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 28

b|ade
Wow. That's all i can say. The preview just looked SPECTACULAR. I was reading up on all the new things and was just blown away. Although, there is not much info, I heard they are releasing at least 2 new vehicles, 4 new enemies, 10 new maps, 3 new guns, and a very intense story line. This is just amazing. I am willing to buy a 360 just to play Halo 3. The only thing that sucks, is there is no release date. The release date is "Whenever it is ready". I guess that is good, in terms of Bungie having to make it "perfect" before they release it. I also really want to hear the music. The soundtracks for Halo 1&2 were incredible.
Mordane
Halo 2 was rushed out to hit its release date, and look how bad that turned out, even the designers said it shouldn't have been released so early.

So I think its a good thing halo 3 will be done when its done, It needs to recapture the magic of the original and have a good polished finish. If number 3 is bad then I think that will be it for the franchise.
Yjaxygames
Any links to screenshots/trailers?
Mordane
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4690396156416705374

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXrYSEOg3Ro
brucedes
I'll be honest, I think the whole halo series are just overhyped. The games are basically mediocre, and I cannot see what it is that people love about it...

The levels are only a quarter complete. Bungie just copied the first quarter four times to make the levels. The refilling health makes it too easy. The plot is pretty bog standard, and the multiplayer isn't as good as say Perfect dark, which preceded it by about 2 years.

The only good thing about the games, in my opinion are the graphics.
Jeff_vella_leone
brucedes wrote:
I'll be honest, I think the whole halo series are just overhyped. The games are basically mediocre, and I cannot see what it is that people love about it...

The levels are only a quarter complete. Bungie just copied the first quarter four times to make the levels. The refilling health makes it too easy. The plot is pretty bog standard, and the multiplayer isn't as good as say Perfect dark, which preceded it by about 2 years.

The only good thing about the games, in my opinion are the graphics.

bah i don't agreee with u
halo for me has a unique game play
i feel like having fun whilst killing and getting though certain levels that is different from other fps games
apart from the grafics that are really cool it has an interesting story
an other good thing is the sensation of maken you allways tryen to survive during the hole game
its just ammasing for me
stuck
halo is the best game i had ever played
halo is best played in multiplayer ^^

btw
microsoft games are great! Smile
Jeff_vella_leone
stuck wrote:
halo is the best game i had ever played
halo is best played in multiplayer ^^

btw
microsoft games are great! Smile

halo multiplayer is cool too yet i would prefair much more ut2004 ICTF
unique type of game, and its ammasingly cool
try it download the demo at: http://downloads.unrealadmin.org/UT2004/Demo/
Play instagib low gravity

halo in my openion is a cool single player game with its unique type of killing experience that somewhat makes it special. Then the story of halo is wow really ammasing in my openion, i like it much and can't wait to play halo 2 on pc when it come out Smile
bhzh
If you read the latest Bungie Weekly Update, you would be psyched for Halo 3!!!! Halo 2 did not disappoint me in any aspect, except for that annoying cliffhanger ending that is. Halo 3 looks like its going to be stellar! The Bungie guys seem to be doing an excellent job with Halo 3, unlike Halo 2. During the Halo 2 development cycle, the team encountered several problems with the gameplay and graphics. As such, the game's story changed a couple of times, which was why Halo 2 was delayed so many times and why the story was a little flat. The guys at Bungie don't seem to have this problem for Halo 3, so I am psyched for the last game in the Halo Trilogy!
Jeff_vella_leone
bhzh wrote:
If you read the latest Bungie Weekly Update, you would be psyched for Halo 3!!!! Halo 2 did not disappoint me in any aspect, except for that annoying cliffhanger ending that is. Halo 3 looks like its going to be stellar! The Bungie guys seem to be doing an excellent job with Halo 3, unlike Halo 2. During the Halo 2 development cycle, the team encountered several problems with the gameplay and graphics. As such, the game's story changed a couple of times, which was why Halo 2 was delayed so many times and why the story was a little flat. The guys at Bungie don't seem to have this problem for Halo 3, so I am psyched for the last game in the Halo Trilogy!

well i like much halo story line
even if i had too buy halo 3 just for the story i would
i liked halo and halo 2
now i cant wait for halo 3
hope its even better
soccerplaya2090
i cant wait for it i would beta test the online but the game that has the beta test is "m" and my parents wont let me get it because its m for language but i cant wait Exclamation
Ghost900
I enjoyed Halo and Halo 2 but I wouldn't put myself in the category of WOW thats the best game that has come to earth type but I am exited to finish the Halo series since I think this is the last one.

soccerplaya2090, I think when the game comes out is isn't going to change much and it will still be M and I don't think they change that type of thing In Beta. (I might be wrong)
soccerplaya2090
Ghost900 wrote:
I enjoyed Halo and Halo 2 but I wouldn't put myself in the category of WOW thats the best game that has come to earth type but I am exited to finish the Halo series since I think this is the last one.

soccerplaya2090, I think when the game comes out is isn't going to change much and it will still be M and I don't think they change that type of thing In Beta. (I might be wrong)

no no im talking about the game you can buy so you can be a part of the beta test not the actual halo 3 game my parents are cool with halo its just the game that you can buy to beta test is m for language/drug use and my parents wont let me get it
Jeff_vella_leone
halo 3 coming out in spring 2007 on xbox
i would rather prefair it comes out on pc Sad
but i know there is no hope Sad
ppl having xbox should check out this link: http://halo3.com/index2.html
help them make a good end for the story
Heart Ticket
b|ade wrote:
Wow. That's all i can say. The preview just looked SPECTACULAR. I was reading up on all the new things and was just blown away. Although, there is not much info, I heard they are releasing at least 2 new vehicles, 4 new enemies, 10 new maps, 3 new guns, and a very intense story line. This is just amazing. I am willing to buy a 360 just to play Halo 3. The only thing that sucks, is there is no release date. The release date is "Whenever it is ready". I guess that is good, in terms of Bungie having to make it "perfect" before they release it. I also really want to hear the music. The soundtracks for Halo 1&2 were incredible.

I hated Halo2... I played it online on xbox and well i modded it,standbyd it,bridged it and im not getting the new one because there will be mods. The 360 is already modded so as soon as it comes out people will do it eventually im guessing like 2 weeks after release.

Wasn't just the online that was bad about halo the story sucked majorly so screw getting the new one

James
Senshida
I CAN'T wait until it comes out, its one of the top 20 games I am looking forward to this year. Smile
Duncan Idaho
-stop spamming-

Looks good, definently better than the second, can't say about the first though. I think the third should do well, but if it turns into crap at any rate, Microsoft is shutting the door; locking it, and throwing away the key.
Clumsy93
You can download the trailers on Xbox Live.

Im totally getting this game once it comes out!
Jeff_vella_leone
Clumsy93 wrote:
You can download the trailers on Xbox Live.

Im totally getting this game once it comes out!

if you want too see something on halo 3 for xbox, here is a good link:
http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/734/734817/vids_1.html
it has an ammasing trailer and a cool documentary (should watch)
i just found them yesterday
hope it helps much of halo fans Smile
schooldays
Halo 3 is looking amazing, but I just got a Wii, and I'm not so sure I can be bothered (or afford) a 360, which is certainly a pity, seeing as I am looking forward so much to Halo 3. We'll see, we'll see.
jynxanims
Yeah, I have to admit, the previews are amazing. The 360 will really bring this game alive. I seriously can't wait..
Agent ME
Heart Ticket wrote:
I hated Halo2... I played it online on xbox and well i modded it,standbyd it,bridged it and im not getting the new one because there will be mods. The 360 is already modded so as soon as it comes out people will do it eventually im guessing like 2 weeks after release.

So you're saying you cheated online and helped ruin the online gameplay, and then you complain the online gameplay sucks because of all the cheaters? Do you read over what you write? Confused
reddishblue
Heart Ticket wrote:

You are what is wrong with online play, all you damn modders and cheaters, making it hard for honest players like me, besides, I think Halo 2 was WAY better then Halo 1, I have both and have played both extensively, and besides Halo 2 being too short, the gameplay was uber and the story was just plain exellent, plus it had my favourite character, The Arbiter!
Cool
xcore
halo 3 is like my god, ive been waiting for this game since halo 1.
I love the story line and such, and i just cant wait!

Im going to buy a helmet run around in a circle saying,

"IM THE MASTER, YOU CAN KILL ME"

and see what happens, Wink
But really..i love halo 3
Teal'c36
I like the Halo series it make for a fun multilayer game at lan parties

I don't have an x-box so i can only play the pc version (an no halo 2 cause i aint shelling out $300 for the good vista just so i can play halo)

I have seen a few maps of Halo 3 tho and they look amazing. My friend was talking about the body physics being bad and how they should add more ragdoll physics for dead bodies. Looks like they did and a few interesting buildings. (one on multilayer launches you into the air across the map kinda like the superjump in the halos).

the new grenade will probly add a new level on multilayer (im referring to the shield grenade i may be using the wrong name tho)

Anyone else really want to try the multilayer before they even do single player? (im probably going to go to my friends alot and do a coop mode with him)
Jeff_vella_leone
toms4 wrote:
THNX

nice example of spam man
well here is a nice trailer of halo3 http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/halo3/index.html
i have seen it and the only thing i can say, is that im tempted to get an xbox lol Razz
Flakky
It will be a hype but my computer won't allow it Crying or Very sad
Osmodius
I could see Halo 3 being decent if they ripped off Gears of War, combining third and first person view modes.

Otherwise it's just another failed attempt at a console-FPS.
Teal'c36
well i could see them making that an option and not telling people so you could have a 3rd person view or a mix of the two
spykE
I'm really looking forward to HALO 3, HALO 2 was really the first game that held me on to the last minute and I just can't get enough of HALO 2's multiplayer on Xbox, it's so addicting.
Teal'c36
Halo 2 multiplayer is addicting. halo 3 should be ass great and im sure it will. specialy since gears of war was before it they can learn from mistakes of that game and add what everyone liked from Halo 1 and 2
kfc79
no matter how good the graphics. the game play still the most important for gamers.
But so far I strongly believe that the developer bungie can get it right.
lonelym
I've read some magazines that had articles about the FIRST people who played Halo 3 aside form Bungie.net. check out
Code:
egm210.1up.com

They've created a new weapon called the Spartan Laser, which can penetrate all the enemies in a single line, meaning if your enemies come in a single file, all of them could die with just a single blow.

Another cool item was the new grenade, called the Spike grenade. It could stick onto walls, which gives me new ideas on fragging opponents. Very Happy

There's also a new vehicle called the mongoose, (I don't know why its called that, but hey) which can run very fast and have another spartan riding at the back.

I'm really excited for the Halo 3, but my mother won't allow me to buy an Xbox360 so... Crying or Very sad
Iaxx
"They've created a new weapon called the Spartan Laser, which can penetrate all the enemies in a single line, meaning if your enemies come in a single file, all of them could die with just a single blow."

man lonelym thats tight where did you hear that is it on the demo. i like the big square rocket launcher on the demo it looks like crap
Iaxx
yeah im totaly with you im sure that the new online game play will be so much better than it is in halo 2 it takes way to long to get into a game i really liked how in gears of war you could just set your own prefferences and get into games like that. it loaded way fast and i was able to get in the action all fast. too bad i sucked at gears of war WEIRD CONTROLS. what ever thats why im excited for halo 3 Very Happy
mina
I'm actually pretty excited for Halo 3, I was addicted to playing the first one with my brother, and while I was a little more wary of the second one, it still was pretty good. Don't know about the story line so much, but I had fun with the gameplay.

The game may be a little over hyped, but what do you expect with a game that so many people want to play? I'm not surprised that there is so much hype behind it... my husband is buying the edition with the little helmet, and he's psyched.

Can't wait to see what the end product looks like. Smile
coreymanshack
I'm really hoping that they will come out with halo 3 on the pc. I will certainly be a buyer if they do Very Happy
m-productions
I think my sig says it all about this game... thank god its coming to an end with this game... ( but alass... theres still halo wars along with other games that will run off this game) which... unlike halo, halo wars actually looks like it can bring something unique (which is why I hate halo... its so hyped.. yet there is nothing unique about it) none the less, it should be interesting to play every now and then when I head over to a friends house.

and for anyone who dosnt know, check at www.gamestop.com if you havnt already ordered it, they are giving FREE over night shipping (and if you dont get it that day before 11 am, you get all your money back) so... just a heads up for anyone who would like that, itll save you gas money.
spykE
I wish I had the money right now to go buy an Xbox 360 and HALO when it's out damn Wink . Well not bad I spent my money on upgrading my computer right now either and a new TV. Xbox will follow Cool
Kaisonic
HALO 3 IN 4 DAYS!!!!! EEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As you could probably tell, I'm really excited for Halo 3. It looks to be super awesome. Like, seriously.
xbcd
I know i can hardly believe it. I was in my computer development class today and one of the kids behind me was on the IGN website so i was watching and so many of those pictures look amazing. I really cannot wait to play, i wish i had a 360 so i could play it right away but oh well.

I have a strong suspition that a good portion of the guys at my school will be skipping school tuesday so they can play halo 3.
m-productions
IF the rest of the game is anything like the first level... dont get your hopes up for anything amazing people... its nowhere near the beat of them (not to say its bad) but nowhere near the best... once again, another example of an over hyped game that brings to much expectation to a game that dosnt have that much to offer in the first place.