FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

[ Newbie; Makin pages, mySQL, PHP, etc ]

Vedder6
Greetings. Well I recently started to dab into web building and things like that. Ive used dreamweaver for a short time to make small pages, nothing tooooo fancy or cool.
Now Im starting to get intersted in MYSQL and PHP... And I thought Dreamweaver and making a webpage was hard!

Well like the topic says, Im a newbie that has some experence with web building. But when it comes to topics like PHP and mysql's and databases I get super confused.

Im just wondering..... How hard is it really make PHP and use mysql? Ive seen screen shots of each program in use and i havent the slightest idea what theyre used for, what they are supposed to do, why there important, and why they are so darn hard to figure out. LOL!

I know stuff like that makes life easier but maybe a more web savvy person could help me out with this stuff?
I would like to make a website for my gaming clan. Something that will display our server info. People playing on it. Vent info, people that are in the vent channels. Maps. Rosters, etc.
It seems like MySQL and PHP are the "programs" or "applications" that will allow me to make those things come true. But I dont know how to work 'em. Can someone teach me both programs?
reddishblue
Ask that http://www.frihost.com/forums/vf-14.html there, this forum is for issues with Frihost hosting, not web page building Wink
Vedder6
thank you.

if a mod can please delete this. I already moved this question to the app. forum
Vrythramax
reddishblue wrote:
Ask that http://www.frihost.com/forums/vf-14.html there, this forum is for issues with Frihost hosting, not web page building Wink

Ever heard of "Backseat Moderating"?
tidruG
-closed- as per user request.