FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Databases - more info

alkutob
I want to ask some questions about Databases

I noticed in DirectAdmin that I can use more than one Database Username for my Database ?

1 - but if I have a forum and I want to change the database username with another one without deleting the first database username will these changes affect the forum database itself ?

2 - How can I devide a database when it is too big to import it as a backup or when moving my forum to another server ?

Thank you
ChrisCh
alkutob wrote:
1 - but if I have a forum and I want to change the database username with another one without deleting the first database username will these changes affect the forum database itself ?
Thank you
Sorry, your post didn't make too much sense... Basically you just said that you want to change the username without changing the username...! If you meant to ask what would happen it to the database if you added another username, then nothing - except your database could be accessed using 2 different passwords. Depending on the permissions you give to the different usernames, you could then reconfigure your forum to use the new credentials. Smile
alkutob wrote:
2 - How can I devide a database when it is too big to import it as a backup or when moving my forum to another server ?
... you could make a different backup for each individual table instead of the whole database at once... but the database would have to be pretty large for the backup and restore features to fail!
Bondings
I'm not sure, but maybe you could import it through DirectAdmin. Otherwise, you can split the sql file(commands) in several parts and execute them separately.
alkutob
Bondings wrote:
I'm not sure, but maybe you could import it through DirectAdmin. Otherwise, you can split the sql file(commands) in several parts and execute them separately.

Yes , exactly ... this is what I want to know if it possible to do it ( Split the commands ) .

So , this action must be done manually .

I was thinking if there is a program which can split these commands .!!!

Thank you