FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Metal Gear Solid

coolnow
Does anyone else like the Metal Gear Solid Series? I absouloutly love them, especially the story. I'm fanaticl about it you know, i've played every single game of it, and im a master of em all!

what is your opinoin about it? Question
Blu_Spykz
The MGS franchise is perhaps my second favourite (first being Resident Evil).

The games...no matter which platform... are so very entertaining with that little bit of conspiracy thrown in for good measure, making you think about every possible outcome...and then delivering one that you hadn't even considered.

Great games (my favourite being MGS3 Subsistence) (Snake Eater).

... although, with MGS4 coming out (eventually)...

**POTENTIAL SPOILER**

I read MGS4 is to be the last Metal Gear - I also understand that Snake, aged considerably, will put a gun to his head and end it all at the end of the game
Nutteloos
I've only really played the first of the series, but that one was definitely awesome. One of the best games I've played, even though it's getting quite old by now.
Disaster-Pieces
coolnow wrote:
Does anyone else like the Metal Gear Solid Series? I absouloutly love them, especially the story. I'm fanaticl about it you know, i've played every single game of it, and im a master of em all!

I love MGS i did them all beat them all Razz cant wait for the new one!
saeleyjnr
Spent the weekend playing metal gear solid (using ePSXe).
Absolutely brilliant. Favourite game of all time.
bond4154
Actually, Hideo Kojima has stated that Snake will not die in MGS4, after people kept asking if he would die after seeing the trailer where he shoved a pistol into his throat and a bang was heard. Snake does not, after all, have any real known reason to commit suicide thus far. However, given Hideo Kojima's track record of public storyline promotion, we can assume that Snake's fate is tentative at best.

Seriously, though, I have always loved the MGS series. It represented a lot to me, an avid player of hide-and-go-seek, not to mention that I have always loved complex, complicated story (seeing how I'm striving to be a novelist). MGS opened new horizons for me, and I have been, moreorless, a fan. =P
pll
bond4154 wrote:
Actually, Hideo Kojima has stated that Snake will not die in MGS4, after people kept asking if he would die after seeing the trailer where he shoved a pistol into his throat and a bang was heard. Snake does not, after all, have any real known reason to commit suicide thus far. However, given Hideo Kojima's track record of public storyline promotion, we can assume that Snake's fate is tentative at best.

Thank you to say the punch, before the game comes out.

I'm a fan too!
i've played metal gear solid since PLAYSTATION 1 and now I'm waiting for the new playstation 3 METAL GEAR SOLID 4 bundle. Which should come out in may!
See here : http://youtube.com/watch?v=1QOGB1LqnUc for those who can't wait!
dirkvb
I've got metal gear solid ( i dont know what version) but i'm trap somewhere and i really don't know were i have to go now.
And you dont have to try and help me. I've stopped playing this game for a while.

Greetz
Nutteloos
pll wrote:

See here : http://youtube.com/watch?v=1QOGB1LqnUc for those who can't wait!

That looks quite awesome indeed. Gotta admit I only played part 1, though. (I don't own a console)
ForceRun
I wish they would put them on PC and get the real game going.
blk3
How I wish there would be a version of both MGS 3 and 4 for the PC. As I recall on MGS 1 and 2 had a PC version to date.
enygmasoft
[quote="coolnow"]Does anyone else like the Metal Gear Solid Series? I absouloutly love them, especially the story. I'm fanaticl about it you know, i've played every single game of it, and im a master of em all!

what is your opinoin about it? Question[/quote

I personally love the series although I have only beaten the first, I tormented myself and did not get a PS2, which means I have been denied of the last 2 and finally I got a PS3, which opens up a huge pentup PS2 gaming library that I was denied and now I can get caught up with 2 and 3, while part 4 is released this year in june.
Kelcey
I didn't like MGS1... but I'm totally gonna give MGS4 a try.
marrs
coolnow wrote:

I played the first Metal Gear Solid on my playstatio one about ten years ago it was in German I am an English speaker and from this day on The frazes stuck in my head
"Ich heare fusssporen"
"I hear footsteps"
enygmasoft
coolnow wrote:

I love them, sadly I have only passed part 1. I bought the trilogy for the PS3 and still not done with it.[/list]
hlavco
I've never played any of these games, but I've been meaning to give them a try. I've heard good things about them, and the title theme remix from Beatmania was awesome (it was gonna be in Brawl but got taken out).
enygmasoft
hlavco wrote:
I've never played any of these games, but I've been meaning to give them a try. I've heard good things about them, and the title theme remix from Beatmania was awesome (it was gonna be in Brawl but got taken out).

This is time well spent, game rules as does the storytelling. I am still passing part 2 at the moment, but it looks as great as I expected. I just hope I finish those before part 4 is released on 6/12. I should dedicate a weekend to this series. The only problem is the less than steller eye candy we get.
I passed part 1 when it was orignally released, but bit myself in the foot, since I never got a PS2. But i finally got the PS3 and of course I had to get caught up with what I had missed, so I go the Trilogy the minute it was available.
Tower
Metal gear solid is one of the best game that i hve ever played.This game is good because it is very realistic and graphic is good.But they should make better battle scenes,because i wanna kill someone in that games and hiding is not that cool. But,great game! Very Happy
Jamatu
I've played the 1st, 2nd and 4th MGS games. The first was easy enough to understand, the second was a bit confusing unless you played it through a couple of times. The fourth was just plain weird - but I still enjoyed playing it!
Nutteloos
I still need to pick up the 2nd game sometime. It's such a shame the later games don't get released for PC, I'll miss out on them. Sad
blk3
Metal Gear solid is the first Metal gear game I've completely finished. I've also played Solid 2, never played 3 or 4 yet and as for the original 8 bit Metal Gears, I tried playing them , but just couldn't seems to continue playing bec. of its 8-bit graphics. I guess I just grown accustomed to 3D graphics with the first Metal Gear game I've played.
nocturn98
Superb game. I started playing it way back when it first cam out in NES.
amperx
Im a big fan of the series, since its nes baby, tactical epsionage xd Snake FTW!
Multiple endings
awesome tactical action
superb storyline (its all chained)
graphics

who wouldn't love it
Spartan
Great series, all of the games were awesome. Played and finished all of them except Metal Gear 1 and 2 (pre-PS1).
b4r4t
I've played MGS on PSX and on PS2 (I had PSX and now i have PlaySTation 2).

I don't like TPP/FPP but this one is great for me ... it's not "Search and kill millions of enemies" type game ... it's sneak one Smile
I like games where You realy have to think ... this one is superB ... like Hitman (played to reach SIlent Assasian on each mission).

Normally i prefeer RTS (Company of Heroes for example) or c/jRPG (Final Fantasy series ...).