FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Help with Ubuntu Edgy and Beryl on ATI X1700

turbosquid
I need a bit of advice i am running Ubuntu Edgy on my Samsung X60plus notebook,which has an ATI Radeon Mobility X1700 graphics card, it works fine using FGLRX drivers i have disabled composite in xorg.conf to get OpenGL working and it's all good.

BUT i want to install Beryl windows manager i know it needs to have both GL and Composite enabled to run but this does not seem possible using FGLRX drivers on ATI. I have read various forums and some people are saying that it's not pssible to run beryl on ATI cards at the moment, yet other people calim they are using beryl on ATI.

My question is has anyone out here actually got Beryl working with an ATI card? if so HOW and with what drivers???

Please Help

TurboSquid
Wynand
Just something about the word Ubuntu.

Ubuntu is seen as one of the founding principles of the new republic of South Africa, and is connected to the idea of an African Renaissance. In the political sphere, the concept of ubuntu is used to emphasise the need for unity or consensus in decision-making, as well as the need for a suitably humanitarian ethic to inform those decisions.