FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Stupid MSN virus

Naughty_D0G
i have a stupid msn virus it closes all my conversations and i cant go on hotmail anymore.
(i hate it and does someone know what i can do)
Spyder
Tell us more about how you got the virus? so we can help you..
ClanElite
try this:
-uninstall your msn and delet all msn folders...
-install again...
( http://www.google.com/search?hl=pt-BR&q=antivirus+online&meta= )
Wink
S3nd K3ys
ClanElite wrote:
try this:
-uninstall your msn and delet all msn folders...
-install again...
( http://www.google.com/search?hl=pt-BR&q=antivirus+online&meta= )
Wink

Yeah, what he said, except the part about "install again"

Chat clients like that, IRC, Trillian etc are open doors to virii and trojans. Using these will make using AV software basically useless.
ClanElite
you prescription that it stops to use msn?
--
install one security toys! Wink
coolpages
if this doesnt work... and u still got the virus
then you can do one thing.... (its ur choice of course... its what i do when i get a virus or something simliar)

you can reboot your computer... all of ur spyware files and other crap will be gone. you can then re-install your old programs that you had before, if you wanted to....
biga57
coolpages wrote:

you can reboot your computer... all of ur spyware files and other crap will be gone. you can then re-install your old programs that you had before, if you wanted to....

You may want to say " FORMAT" your hard disk..rather than reboot.
We do reboot everytime after we shut the comp. down. We only format the hard disk in very exceptional cases.

By the way , you can try to go to www.mcafee.com and try their free virus scan http://us.mcafee.com/root/mfs/default.asp?cid=9913
this will probably give you an idea of the type of virus you have. Than you may find some free tools to remove it.

Formatting the hard disk is just the very very last option in my opinion.
nunosilva
luckilly I have the habbit to not run anything that is untrusted, or going to any website I don't know, or the an email address on that link. just to start that's very dubious... so i'm glad to never had suffered from that, neither with irc viruses. When I was younger I spent bad time learning on how to remove a virus from my computer, avoiding to pay 50 to a store that could do it, and I learned from that, but nowadays the only thing that troubles me are spyware and addware.

Does guys who make viruses should pay for what they do... injecting a lethal virus on their veigns to see if they liked it... but on the other way... AV companies must keep alive or else lots of employees would go to streets, and find another job...

So... everything has its purpose, either we like it or not
mengshi200
you can try hijackthis ,it very good for all kinds of hostility software or plugin.
tidruG
I don't know much about it. All I can recommend is that you install, remove ALL files, and re-install.

Meanwhile, I am moving this topic to "Computer problems and support" You'll probably find more people who can help you with this problem in that forum.
fds
scurity mode > and make scan withe avast or kaspersky AV and with spybot, stinger, and ad-aware se
and dont forget to put system restore off

than re-install msn and will not have any problem... hi think
babumuchhala
Well i did suggest
  • Download a latest antivirus (if u dont have one).Update it to the latest defination. Run a complete antivirus scan.
  • Use antispyware apps like Adaware & Spybot S&D. Run a complete scan. i did suggest u use both of them
  • Use Registry mechanics to scan and check your registery file

This should have removed it
    If not
  • Uninstall msn & delete all its file u can find on the HDD
  • Re run Registr mechanics to remoe all registry entries

This should have done the trick

If it stil is not done the
  • formatt your hdd anf do a fresh os install
tiancai3
an latest anti-virus software can solve this problem quite easily,I think