FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

.htaccess restrictions?

cr3ativ3
Hi, I have been researching up on some .htaccess stuff and I have seen alot of places saying to check with your host if your allowed to do the stuff they show before doing them.

I was just wondering is there any thing that frihost doesn't want you to use .htaccess for?
ChrisCh
Anything that is against the TOS.
cr3ativ3
Quote:
2. Resource intensive activities, bots and proxies.

See this is why I posted here I know frihost allows you to do certain things with .htaccess because I have seen people posting around with problems or questions on how to do things in .htaccess.

I know .htaccess can cause resources to be intensively used. Thats why I asked is there anything specific things we are not allowed to use in .htaccess. Others it would basically mean we can't use .htaccess but I know we can.

Thanks, Sorry I wasn't more clear before hand.
swizzy
in apache .htaccess is used only when you dont have direct access to the .conf file. it means you can actually control some aspects of apache. use .htaccess responsibly
cr3ativ3
swizzy wrote:
in apache .htaccess is used only when you dont have direct access to the .conf file. it means you can actually control some aspects of apache. use .htaccess responsibly

Ya, I know, so i guess frihost doesn't put any restrictions on use.
Bondings
cr3ativ3 wrote:
swizzy wrote:

Ya, I know, so i guess frihost doesn't put any restrictions on use.

Yes, there are no specific restrictions, as long as it doesn't violate the TOS.
cr3ativ3
Kk, thanks bondings.
Animal
Question answered, so I'll -close- this topic. Please PM any member of staff if you want it re-opened.